Night Changes

The Story Only I Didn't Know

 

 

 

Dara is staring into blank space. Too much things occupying her head. Does Donghae has any explanation to make? She don't think so. Is this the end? After everything they did together? The memories and joy they shared together. Everything is lingering in her head. 


 

She lost in her own thought and stirring the drink infront of her while resting her chin on her palm when she heard her name was called. 

 

 

"D-dara-sshi?" A man called her. 

 

 

Dara turns around lazily and see a figure standing in front of her, scratching his head. 

 

 

"Mr. Im!?" Dara gasps and quickly bow afterward. 

 

 

"Ah yes...I'm Mr Im. What are you doing here by the way?" Mr Im shook her hand and sit on the stool beside her. 

 

 

"I'm swimming Mr. Im. In my own tears" Mr Im chuckled when he heard Dara "Haha just kidding. I stopped by to grab a drink" Dara looks infront and stir her drink once again. 

 

 

"Bloody Mary? Seriously? And by the way, Just call me Kyung. I'm about the same age as Bommie. She's my junior from the same high school"  

 

 

'Ah I see....the nickname explained then..Dara thought to herself. 

 

 

"What's wrong with this drink Mr. Im-- Kyung I mean" Dara looks at him to see his reaction and awkwardly faked a laugh "This bartender also mocked my drink"  

 

 

Dara jokingly want to throw a punch at the bartender in front of her. What a badass rabbit. 

 

 

"That drink really don't suit you. It has vodka you know" Kyung shook his head in disbelief. 

 

 

"Aish...I have vodka for my breakfast everyday you know" Dara rolls her eyes and laugh. 

 

 

"You're really something Sandara. No wonder you and Bommie are bestfriends. Stupid minds think alike" Kyung take a sip on his drink. 

 

 

"Yah!" Dara wants to smack him but Kyung just laugh it off "I'm just kidding ok. Chill!" He raises his hands in surrender. 

 

 

"By the way how did you know that Bom and I are bestfriend?" Dara asked and changing her position to face Kyung. 

 

 

"I'm your stalker" Kyung said with a stern face. 

 

 

"Haha you're funny, sir. Just tell me" Dara said lazily. 

 

 

Kyung laughed as if his joke is reaaallleyyy funnehhhh.  

 

 

"Bom tell me duhh? She tell me everything. Even about you." Kyung confidently said and even held his chin. So proud huh Kyung? You look so dumb right now. 

 

 

'Dara honey. I'm at your house. Seunghyun drop me off cause he got some works. C u baby :*' 

 

 

"Speaking of the devil" Dara said out loud "Bom came to my house." 

 

 

"But back to the topic. Seriously?" Dara eyes widen in disbelief "Tell me what did she told you" Dara lean herself forward in anticipation.

 

 

"She told me that you have a boyfriend...." Kyung smirk. Dara's eyes widen. 

 

 

"He's a man right...." Kyung still smirking. Dara's eyes widen even wider. Is that even possible. 

 

 

"THEN!?" Dara accidentally raised her voice. This rabbit need to learn how to chill. 

 

 

"And she told me that you're sometimes so dumb and you're kind of straightforward" Dara gasped and straighten up her body. pout as her chest heave up and down. 

 

 

"Yes. I'm dumb and straightforward. Is that even a problem? I am that dumb that everyone is trying to mess with me as if I don’t have a heart. Do you guys think I'm that easy huh? HUH!?" 

 

 

Dara continue to blabble nonsense, while Kyung....well he's left dumbfounded. 

 

 

Dara is just....being Dara. Over reacting at everything.

 

 

It was like telling your mom a joke but you end up getting a lecture... 

 

 

"Whoa! Dara calm down! I was just joking ok. I'm sorry"  

 

 

This is getting awkward.... 

 

 

Dara take a sip on her drink....well she chug it down. The whole cup of Bloody Mary. 

 

 

Kyung left in awe. First she talked like a woodpecker with a speed of 210km/h. Now she's chugging the whole cup like she hasn't drink since 1970.

 

 

This girl is really something. 

 

 

Dara tugs a strand of hair behind her ear and stand up while looking for something inside of her bag. She takes out a cash and place it on the bar. 

 

 

"I got to go Mr Im. Nice talking to you. I'm sorry" Dara bow and left the scene. Kyung's left mid air. He can't even speak a word because Dara just left him. 

 

 

"I....." Kyung shook his head.  

 

 

 

 

------------- 

 

 

 

 

[DARA POV] 

 

 

 

 

I walk through the pavement alone at night. The cold breeze is touching my skin. I hug myself to warm myself up. There is barely anyone who is walking at this hour.  

 

 

I don't even have any thing to do. In fact, Bom doesn't asked me to come home earlier. I told her that I went to grab a drink and she said that it's ok

since she brought some works to do at my house. Seunghyun have a gig tonight.  

 

 

He has a part time job as a drummer in a band. Bom always drop by my house when Seunghyun is away. His name in that band is T.O.P by the way. What a lame name. I always by calling him Choomtop. He's a greaaattt dancer. If you know what I mean. 

 

 

But right now, the alcohol is slowly creeping in my system. I can't tolerate alcohol that much. Even soju. Donghae always make fun of me when I'm drunk. He says that I always do stupid things and I'll pass out after a several hours.  

 

 

But too much things are lingering inside of my head. Luckily I'm not doing anything stupid like dancing or singing. I'm so not in mood. I just walk on the side of the road. My house is a few blocks from here. Quite far but I need to calm my mind so I'll just walk my way there instead of grabbing a cab.  

 

 

Damn. I can feel a few drops of rain on my cheek. Don't tell me it's going to rain anytime soon. I didn't bring an umbrella!  

 

 

 

 

----------------

 

 

 

 

 

The rain keep on pouring, heavier and heavier. Dara is drenched. She give up. She stand by the side of the road to grab a cab.  

 

 

A few minutes pass, there's no cab in sight. She feels the lump in and her feelings got mixed up. Why is she so hopeless. She acts so strong when she wanted to walk her way home but failed miserably when the rain is pouring like a mothertrucker.  

 

 

Her legs gave up on her and she fell on the ground. She's sobbing like a kid who lost her mother in the supermarket.  

 

 

After a few minutes, her vision went black. 

 

 

 

 

----------------- 

 

 

 

 

[JIYONG POV] 

 

 

 

I saw a girl from my office just now. What is her name? I forgot....whatever. She is Bom's bestfriend as what she told me. 

 

 

Bom is my bestfriend too. I mean not that close but she's the closest to me in my office. Maybe because she's my secretary. Or maybe the fact that she's 4-dimensional too just like me. But she's just way too weird. Like literally every single time. Well me, my weirdness came out when I'm with someone that I'm close to. 

 

 

I saw that girl talking to Mr Im from account department. They seem close to each other too. Mr Im keep on laughing at every antics that the girl did. What is her name again? Think Jiyong think. 

 

 

Lee.....or Park? Yep Park but her name is quite strange...not like the typical korean. Dara? Ha! Yes! Park Sandara. The new girl. I saw her at the cafeteria this afternoon. She's quite good looking though. Not that pretty but there's something about her that's attractive. 

 

 

Damn, that girl is loud. The way she talks to Mr Im is really fast and loud. Her voice is quite nasally too.  

 

 

Then I saw her making her way toward the exit. I was about to approach her but she's way faster than I am.  

 

 

I gave up so I walk my way toward my car. I came to the bar to meet some friends but I decline when they offer me some alcohol. Not that I'm not that good at drinking, but I have to drive home. So if I want to drink, I can definitely pour myself some shots at home. 

 

 

The rain keep pouring. Damn my vision is getting blurry. I have to slow down my car. But wait, I saw something. Is that a girl? She's drenched in the rain! Why is she sitting by the road? 

 

 

I stop my car and take an umbrella from the backseat. I open my umbrella and close the door. The girl is sleeping or what? Her eyes are closed! Why is she sleeping here? Is she drunk? Or did she fainted or something? 

 

 

I squat down to check on her. I tap on here cheek but she literally fall down on the ground. Like laying on the ground. 

 

 

Damn, this girl passed out. 

 

 

Wait. 

 

 

She seems familiar. 

 

 

SANDARA!? 

 

 

"Hey hey. Miss. Wake up. Hi? Can you here me?" I keep on taping her cheeks. I even shake her shoulder. But she isn't responding.  

 

 

'What should I do?' I thought to myself. 

 

 

Then the genius mind of mine decided to call Bom. As what Bom told me, Sandara is her best friend. Maybe if I call Bom, then Bom can take care of her. 

 

 

Damn, the rain is pouring cat and dog! 

 

 

"Hey Bom. Your friend Sandara is lying on the road by herself. Can you pick her up" 
"Haha funny Jiyong. I'm at Sandara's house. I don’t have a car" 
"FCKING GENIUS. Give me her address. I'll send her there" 
"Haha funny Jiyong. Stop being a flirt. You used that on Sujin back then" 
"I'm serious. Your friend is with me. She passed out or something. Just give me the damn address" 
"Haha funny Jiyong. I cant give you her address. Her boyfriend will kill me for real bruh" 
"STOP HAHA FUNNY JIYONG ME. JUST GIVE ME THE FCKING ADDRESS OR YOU'RE FIRED" 
"Ok boss" 

 

 

And that's the end of our conversation. 

 

 

I carry Sandara into my car. Oh my god. My car's seats are drenched! Even if it's leather, the water is everywhere man. I want to scream so bad. But she wont hear it. This girl better worth it. 

 

 

Bom texted me the address and I drive my car there. It's quite near though. Like a few blocks from here. 

 

 

I carry Dara. Bridal style for crying out loud. I'm so doomed if someone saw me. 

 

 

I press the doorbell and I can here Bom talking on the speaker. 

 

 

"Who's there?" Bom said.  

 

 

"Me." I said. 

 

 

And like a scaredy cat, Bom open the door. It's quite funny that Bom Is really scared that I might fire her anytime soon.  

 

 

"OH MY GOD." She gasped. Park.....Bom.....everyone.....