He Always Knows How to Cheer Me Up

He Always Knows How to Cheer Me Up

I lay hopelessly on the floor with my body aching all over. You see, just a few minutes ago, I accidently bumped into DaSom, one of the most popular queenkas of the school, and made her milkshake spilled all over her dress. I was about to apologize when she suddenly pushed me against the lockers and made her cliques hold me. Then she started yelling and slapping and even punching me. All because I just spilled milkshake to her dress, and it was an accident. And well, there's nothing I could do. I could only remain quiet and closing my eyes, bracing for all the impacts from her.

So, here I am now, still sitting on the school's floor all alone, everyone else has already gone home. I close my eyes, having the urge to cry, but I quickly wipe them away. "You're stronger than this, ___" I say under my breath to myself. Taking a deep breath, I pick up my bag, sway it over my shoulder and I stand up slowly, still wincing a few times. I drag my feet away as I manage to go back to my apartment.

The walk from my school to my apartment building isn't too long, probably just about 15 minutes. I push open the double doors of my apartment building and I quickly go to the lift and up to my apartment.

I open the door with my keys, only to find my roommate sitting on the couch, eyes focusing on the television screen and his fingers pressing various buttons on the controller he's holding.

"Hey, what's up, buddy? How's school?" he greets me without even tearing his eyes from the screen. Oh, I forgot to mention his name. His name is Lee JaeJoon or what he prefers to be called more, Maru.

"Hm, it's okay" I answer weakly while putting my shoes away. I watch him furrowed his eyebrows before pausing his game and turning to me.

"You’re sure? It doesn't sound like it" he said while walking towards me.

"It's okay, oppa, really. Everything's okay" I said looking down

He grabs my shoulders, I can feel him searching for my eyes. “___, I know you’re not okay. There’s something wrong here, and let me guess, it’s bullies isn’t it? You’ve been bullied” he said. I bit my lip and I look up at him, looking into his eyes, which is filled with concern and I slowly nod my head.

“Who did it?” he asks, I can feel the tension in his voice.

“D-DaSom” I answer weakly.

“Why that ! I’m gonna-“

“No, no oppa! It’s okay! Besides, I’m not that hurt anymore. It’s really okay, you don’t have to do anything” I say, trying to stop him.

I hear him sigh as he looks at me. “You’re sure you okay? You’re not that hurt anymore?” he asks, his voice filled with care. I nod my head convincingly. “Okay then. Now, why don’t you go upstairs and change, while I’ll make something for you. You must be tired” he said. I smile and nod my head as I go upstairs to my room.

About a few minutes later, I go downstairs in a light blue T-shirt and my black sweatpants. “Maru oppa? Where are you?” I yelled.

“I’m in the kitchen, ____-ah” he yelled back. I walk into the kitchen and find him pouring the chocolate cream topping on top of what he’s making, which is also my favorite dessert, Banana Split!

“Omo! Is that for me? It looks so good!” I exclaim and sprinting to his side.

“It’s for the both of us” he says pulling out two spoons. “Let spend some time together today okay? Maybe it would brighten up your day” he winks and brings the bowl of banana split to the living room and I follow him.

“So, what are we going to do then?” I ask him as we sit down on the couch.

“Let’s watch a movie while eating this banana split, shall we?” he says. “What movie would you like to watch?” he says pulling out our DVD container.

“How about Harry Potter?” I say pulling out the movie. “Sure, why not?” he says putting the DVD on the player and starting it.

During the movie, we would eat our banana split sometimes. We even feed each other once in a while. Sometimes, Maru would make fun of the characters’ dialogues which makes me laugh at him, then he would grin at me and I would smile back. He really knows how to make me happy.

Actually, I’ve always had a crush on Maru, no scratch that, I’ve had a Huge crush on Maru. Ever since he became my roommate, I can’t help to have feelings for him. He’s so cute, he’s nice, playful, and always knows the way to cheer me up. I can’t stop thinking about him, I used to stay awake at night just thinking about him. And the way he treats me, just makes me fall more into him. But, it seems impossible, he’ll only loves me as a friend.

“____-ah, _____! Hey, buddy! Girl, you’re spacing out!” I suddenly feel Maru shaking me, pulling me out from my thoughts. I didn’t even notice that the movie is already done. “You okay?” he asks.

“Oh, um, I’m fine. Don’t worry” I said. I hear him sigh as he lean back against the couch, looking up to the ceiling.

“Hey, ____. Can I be honest with you?” he says breaking the silence that stretched between us.

“Sure, of course” I say looking up at him.

“Promise you won’t freak out?” he says once again, I nod my head.

“Okay well, the truth is… I love you, ____. I always am since we became roommates. I keep thinking about you. Your eyes, your voice, your smile, everything! You just drive me crazy all the time and I just can’t help myself but to fall more in love with you even harder. And, I was wondering if maybe you feel the same way?” he says, a blush slowly making its way to his face.

I froze. I am shock. Did Maru just said he loves me? Is this a dream? “Maru oppa…” I say. I took a deep breath, mustering up confidence as I smile and confess back. “I-I love you, too, oppa”

I watch as he face me with the biggest grin ever. “So, does this mean you’re my girlfriend now?” I giggle and nod my head. He tackle me into his hug as I return the favor with a big smile on my face.

He pulls back a bit, and plant his lips on mine. I smile into the kiss and I kiss back, tangling my hand in his hair and his hand on my waist. We’re still kissing when he push me down making us lay on the couch, him on top.

We break away for air as we let out a little laugh. “Saranghae, ____-ah” he says putting my bangs away from my face. “Nado, oppa” I say as we smile and kiss again.

This haven’t been such a bad day after all.

 


Okay, there you go~

My second fanfic is finally finished!! Please tell me what you think about it :)

Feedbacks, comments and subscriptions are very welcome!

~Gomawo~

♥Fira aka Summer_Romance