Final

Only One

“Hey noona..,” Sun Woo or Baro as he goes by now  greeted when he entered the café to meet with his friend.

“Hey kiddo,” the elder girl replied with a smile and ruffled his hair affectionately.

“Yaa…,” he whined and fixed his hair.

Hyesu giggled and called the waitress to place an order for the both of them since she knew her friend was hungry and a large appetite to boot. After they placed their orders, Baro noticed that his childhood friend has grown her hair longer and wearing a bit more makeup then her usual eye liner and powder. Hyesu noticing the stare from her friend turned and raised an eyebrow in questioned.

“Since when you became more feminine, Noona??,” Baro asked as his sipped his favourite ice blended black forest coffee with whipped cream.

“Oii.. Are you implying that I was never feminine in the first place??,” the girl replied with  a growl.

“Woah woah.. I never said you were not feminine.. Just asking why you look more feminine than usual because you are wearing more makeup and grew your hair longer,” he said with his hands up in surrender.

The elder girl sighed and smacked the younger but physically larger friend that she loved as a kid brother. Knowing his friend’s attitude, he quickly ducked his head to avoid being hit and stuck his tongue out as she had missed but yelped when he felt a pinch on his thigh. Smirking, Hyesu began sipping on her ice blended vanilla coffee and took a bite from the tiramisu cake she had ordered.

“Man, you pinch hard.. I’m going to have a bruise later,” Baro muttered in complaint.

“So why do you want to meet up?? You are busy with your training and soon will be debuting,” Hyesu asked.

“I missed you, noona.. And because I won’t have time to hang out with you often like before so I wanted to meet up today. Plus.. How come you didn’t come to my company to audition??,” Baro told her and bit into his muffin.

“I’m too old for these stuff, Baro. You know that..,” she replied with a sad smile.

“But you have the voice, the skills to write, dance and produce. Don’t give up,” the younger dark-haired guy said.

“It’s too late for me, kiddo. But it is not too late for you. Take this chance and make it happen.. Live your dreams for the both of us, through you my dreams will continue,” Hyesu replied and place her hand in his.

The elder girl held her gaze and squeeze the soon to be rapper of B1A4 hand so that he would understand her meaning. It was true that it’s a bit late for her to became a singer despite her talents as she was older being 27 and most entertainment companies wanted new, younger and fresher faces to be in the industry. She had given up and went to the next best thing for her future which is working in the event management where she could manage and organize big events that would still make her mingle with the celebrities and soon her childhood friend as well once his group debuts.

“Sigh.. Arasseo.. I’ll do this for the both of us then, Noona. As long as you will be my side to support me,” he replied with a smiled and squeeze back the hand that he held.

I’ll always be there and support you, brat. Even when you fall, I’ll be there to catch you.. Hyesu thought as she watched her childhood friend, her brother and the one person that understood her walk away to go to his rehearsals.

A few weeks later.

“Okay boys, listen up.. You are going to be recording this song and here’s the lyrics. Memorize it and we’ll try to record part of it today,” the producer told the 5 members of B1A4.

The boys nodded in answer and took the lyrics sheets. Baro smiled to himself as he read the lyrics and the meaning of it as it reminded him of his friend, Hyesu. The others noticing the smiled began to grin in response.

“So, Baro-hyung is there a reason for your smile when you got the lyrics??,” Gong Chan asked with a grin.

“Eh?? It’s nothing..,” the rapper replied and was blushing.

“Does it has to do with a certain girl with wavy reddish brown hair and catty eyes??,” their leader Jinyoung asked with a glint in his eyes.

“Mwo!! How did you know about Su Noona??,” Baro began asking with panic in his voice as he knows that he was very careful whenever he goes out to meet with his friends especially with Hyesu.

“Hahahaha.. Don’t worry, Sun Woo.. You were very careful when you went to meet up with her.. But we knew because we overheard your call to her and had seen her before. She is the elusive Choi heiress isn’t she and the step-sister of Minhyuk sunbaenim??,” Dongwoo or CNU replied back to calm his friend down.

Gaping at his friends, Baro felt like there isn’t anything that wouldn’t surprise him that would come out from his band mates mouths now as they laughed and patted him. He pouted and went off to the corner to practice his part in the song. The boys just smiled in amusement and began to put their concentration on the song they were about to record called, “Only One”.

Later that night.

Hello..

Noona.. Can you come over to my dorm.. I need some help.. Make that we all need some help

Help in what??

The song we are recording now, we’re not sure how to sing it with the emotion or whatever it is..

Sigh.. Fine.. Give me your dorm address..

It’s…..

After a few minutes and writing down the address given, Hyesu quickly went out and stopped by a restaurant to buy some dinner for herself and the boys. After half an hour, she arrived at the apartment complex and parked her car. It took her around 10 minutes for her to reach their door and rang their doorbell.

“Ohh.. Anyeong, come in,” Jinyoung said as he opened the door to say the reddish brown haired young woman standing at the door and let her in.

“Noona!!,” Baro greeted and jumped at the elder girl much to the surprise of the other 4 guys in the apartment when she caught him with no trouble despite holding a bag of food and her handbag as well.

“Yaa.. Are you really 19 years old or 9?? And you are heavy..,” the girl replied as she dropped her friend after hugging him for several seconds.

“Oww.. Oohh food..,” Baro said and attempted to grab the bag of food which she smirked and held it away from his grasp.

The rest of the boys watched in amusement as Baro pouted and Hyesu smirked as she went into the kitchen. Jinyoung quickly joined and helped the two friends with dinner and yelled for CNU and Sandeul to bring out the foldable table and set the table. A few minutes later 5 guys and a young woman were eating and discussing about their song.

“So this is the lyrics?? Hmmm..,” she said as she read the lyrics while the rest were cleaning up.

“Yup.. So what do you think??,” Baro asked.

“Hmm.. Okay this part you, Gong Chan, sing it like this…,” as she explained and sang a bit as an example to the boys.

Everyone except for Baro were surprised to hear her soft but powerful vocals as she sang and easily change her pitching and tone that she think is suitable on the parts in the song and with the correct emotion on the voice too. The boys gaped as she ended her explanations and she noticed the silence as well and blushed as well.

“Yaahh.. Why you didn’t tell us about her earlier and that she has a great voice,” Sanduel whined and glared at the rapper.

“Noona.. You really have a good voice.. Why aren’t you signed into a company and singing,” Jinyoung asked with a curious look.

“I’m too old to audition and trust me I went through it all for as long I could remember but I guess they weren’t satisfied with what I had. So now I leave my dreams with Sun Woo or should I call you Baro now, kiddo??,” Hyesu replied and ruffled her friend’s hair.

“How old are you exactly??,” Gong Chan, the magnae asked bluntly when earned him a smack on the head from the leader and CNU.

“I’m 27 years old,” she answered.

“Mwo!! But..you..,” the rest of the boys stared at the girl in disbelief and looked at their friend to confirm if it is true.

“Yes, Su noona is 27 years old. She used to baby-sit me when I was younger and my mom adored her so she’s basically my noona, and my best friend,” he replied and placed his arm around her.

Hyesu just shrugged as she felt the arm around her and pretended that is was normal despite her heart beating very fast due to the touch. She knew that she didn’t look like her age but in her opinion she doesn’t see the need to lie about your age as you can’t run from the truth anyway and you can’t lie to God and your family as well too.

“You two make a good couple..,” Gong Chan randomly spoke up which made the two friends gape at him while the rest were feeling like they want to bang their heads somewhere for the comment.

“I guess so.. But wouldn’t it be a crime for me to be his girl?? I mean.. It would make me a pedo,” the girl replied with a teasing smirk.

“Yaa!!,” Baro almost shouted as the rest began laughing.

The night wore on as the group of 6 began to attempt on singing the song with the similar style of Hyesu’s singing but suitable with their voices as the girl’s vocals were slightly higher than them. It wasn’t until that it was 2 am that they realized on how late it was and they didn’t have the heart to wake the elder girl who had fallen asleep on the floor with her head on Baro’s shoulder as she was sitting next to him earlier while listening and commenting on their group’s singing.

She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. Hehehe.. So cute too.., the resident rapper thought as he carried her bridal style into his bedroom and placed her on the bed.

“You better not do anything silly to her, Sun Woo” Jinyoung suddenly spoke up which almost startled Baro.

“Put some trust in me, Hyung. She’s my noona,” he said.

“To you, she is. But I see how she looks at you and she thinks of you more than just that. I know that I’ve only met her today but I’m already feeling protective of her,” the leader said and left the room.

Baro was startled at the revelation by his leader and wonder if it was true and was he really that dense to see it because he had always seen the Choi heiress as only a friend and sister while she had patiently been there for him, doted on him and listened to him while he tells about the girls he likes, his dreams and etc. He had never realized that he had indirectly hurt her because of his words as they were growing up. As he watched her sleeping on his bed and with a peaceful look on her face, Baro had finally realized what she had meant the last time they had meet at the café a few weeks ago. She has given up on her dreams for him to realize his and be the pillar of support he needs when it happens.

Noona.. I never knew.. Was I that dense?? He thought as he Hyesu’s hair and sighed.

Baro quickly changed into his night clothes and lay down next to his best friend as they had always done as kids and gently pulled her into his arms as to not awaken her and smiled softly.

“Goodnight, noona.. Sweet dreams my kitten.. And thank you for everything.. You can rest now,” he whispered and kissed her on her head before falling asleep himself.

A month later..

“Oh my God!! I can’t believe they have finally debuted and their album is out!!,” one of the staff at the event management company shouted in happiness.

“Yaa.. No need to shout that loud..,” Hyesu growled as she had a headache.

“Oh come, Su.. Aren’t you excited that your neighbour is debuting?? Seriously, I love this song, Only One. Its so…” the over-excited girl said and made a fainting action that made the others laughed in amusement.

“Hey.. Looks at Baro’s thanks to in here..,” another staff member said and everyone gathered to read it.

Hyesu’s eyes widen as she read it and silently gasped as her younger best friend had indirectly thanked her for being there for him and is sorry that he couldn’t be there for her as she had but wanted her to know that she will always be in his heart and that she is the only one he will want to be as his pillar and he too will be her pillar as well. She quickly left the office and brought out her phone to call him.

Hello??

You..

Hey, noona.. Did you get my album yet??

I read it, your thanks to..

Ohh.. I meant every word of it, noona.. Mianhae for not realizing your feelings for me.. Noona.. Saranghae..

Babo.. You know that I’ll always love you as my brother and..

Ani.. Noona.. I meant it.. I love you not as your kid brother or best friend..

Son Woo.. I..

Bianca Choi Hyesu.. Saranghae.. You are the only one for me.. Now and forever..Be my girl??

I love you too Cha Sun Woo.. You should know my answer already, Baro..

I got to go now, Noona.. Rehearsals.. Do watch our showcase later at this hour on …

Arasseo, kiddo.

Love you, Noona

Hyesu hung up and went back into the office as her office mates watched her with a smile as they knew that she was closed to the rapper of the rookie group and had caught on the indirect message written on the thanks to of Baro. And work went on like normal until the end of the evening when she quickly went home and showered. As she finished making her dinner and fed her cat, she plopped herself onto the couch and watched the showcase of her friend which is being aired on TV and smiled as she watched the boys of B1A4 sang and danced to their songs. It was until when they were about to sing their last song which is Only One that they took a short break and the MC asked them about the song and etc.

They looks great despite being exhausted with their late night rehearsals and etc.. Congratulations, boys and especially you, Sun Woo. Thank you for making both of our dreams come true through you, she mused to herself.

Her eyes widen in surprised when she watched and listened to Baro saying that the song Only One had helped him on realizing his feelings about his present, future and his life. He also said that it also made him realize the importance of a certain person in his life and would like to thank her for everything and putting up with his actions. She laughed and felt happy tears falling down on her cheeks as she continued to watched as the other members also wanted to thanked that person for helping them in this song and this song is dedicated her but they will not expose her name for the sake of her safety and etc.

“Babo.. No one would able to touch me anyway if they knew who I am anyway,” Hyesu said to herself as she listened and watched them sing, Only One.

After the show, all the boys smiled and looked directly at the camera and said their thanks for attending and watching the show. Baro was smiling and spoke up, “Noona.. You are the only one.. Always and forever will be..”