{ 001

Xion
kyung soo; wolf and the beauty
"Before the big full moon comes out, do away with it."
 
 
K
yungsoo. Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo.
 
There she was again, calling my name. The full, yellow moon hung low in the night sky, teasing me. I felt a burning sensation within my body and resisted. Far in the distance, I heard a howl. I waited and listened. 
Then came another. 
Soon, I couldn't resist the feeling any longer. I felt my veins start to appear and my eyes changing to a blood red. My canines grew long, as did my hands, which turned into long, hairy claws.
I saw her expression twist and fall into terror, but then the strangest thing happened. Instead of running away, she came closer. With every step she took, my heartbeat sped up two times. Her brown hair flown behind her, revealing her goddess-like features reflecting the moonlight. Her almond shaped eyes were wide, while was parted slightly.
With her hand reached out, she placed it on my chest and the burning feeling slowly went away, replacing it with a sudden chill. I felt my body freeze right down to my bones. My heart slowed and soon, it was engulfed with ice.
"W-what are you doing to me?" I asked. She looked up at me, but didn't have the same terrified expression she had before. It was different, but I couldn't detect exactly what. I howled at the moon in pain and suddenly felt myself fall towards the darkness beneath me.
 
------
 
I jolted awake with my hand grabing my chest, breathing  heavily. Small rays of light slipped through my curtains and I groaned falling back into my bed, only to get a pillow thrown at me. 
I quickly sat up and growled at whoever threw it at me.
"Get up, Kyungsoo. It's time for school." I looked up at Joonmyun, who was adjusting his tie. His light brown hair was spiked up in it's usual do and he wore the same silver watch as he always did. Silver. In a sense, he wanted people to know that we weren't just those corny werewolves in those pathetic movies and whatnot. No. We were all normal humans once.
However, all twelve of us had a special genetic marking. It was one that scientists would be ripping each other apart for. And what this was, was a mutaion. A mutation that they could twist and form us into anything they'd like. It was cruel, yes, but we were all born with a purpose, right?
I hesitantly pulled off my covers exposing my body to the cold air in the room, and trudged my way into the restroom. Seeing the tooth paste smeared on the counter and water splashed onto the mirror, I figured I was the last one to wake up. 
As soon as I finished brushing my teeth, I quickly got on my uniform, taking a quick glance at my calender. It was going to be a full moon. I could almost hear the small eerie voice in my head telling me  "Be careful tonight, Kyungsoo."
I didn't have time for breakfast, so we rode to school as soon as my feet touched the bottom of the stairs. With the building coming closer in sight, I spotted one of the strangest things I'd seen all year. The usual, big oak tree in front of Xion Academy was frozen solid with small icicles hanging down from them in the middle of spring. 
"Is it just me, or is the oak tree frozen?" One of the members blurted. All of our heads turned turned towards the confused boy sitting in he back.
"Way to point out the obvious, Chanyeol," The smaller boy beside him, Baekhyun, replied. The others stifled a laugh. 
As the car came to a stop, we all quickly exited the van. Separating from the group, I walked over to the frozen oak tree and touched it. It sent chills up my spine from the familier touch. I blinked a few times trying to remember where I had felt it before, but I couldn't remember anything.
I shook it off and walked inside. The halls were filled with the few familier faces of students that attended Xion. 
"Morning, Kyungsoo!" Teacher Yang greeted. I smiled and bowed back as he sped past me carying a bucket full of water. It was probably for a fire a student caused. That wasn't really unusual here, though.It was Xion Academy afterall. The school for mutatants, or rather, "the gifted."
I walked further down the halls to try and see where the rest were. As I passed through the large window lining the hall, I suddenly froze in my spot.
There she was. The girl in my dreams. It sounded a little creepier than I expected, but there she was, sitting with her back against the frozen tree, in which I haden't noticed her before. She was staring endlessly into the distance holding her legs against her chest.
My heart felt like it stopped beating and I almost forgot to breathe as I scanned her face. She was even more beautiful in real life. But what was she doing here? I decided to wait until later to find out and sped to class without finding the others.
 
------
 
"Do Kyungsoo, would you like to repeat what I just said?"
I blinked and stared at the teacher. For the whole day, I couldn't get my mind off of her. I wanted to see her again and actually know who she is. I wondered if she dreamt about me too, perhaps?  I shook my head and looked at the teacher.
"I'm sorry ma'am. I wasn't paying attention," I replied. She eyed me and clicked her tongue. 
"That's what I thought. Please pay attention next time," she said going back to writing on the board. 
I took a glance at the clock and noticed it was almost time for training; my last period. By now, the sky grew different hues of pink, orange and yellow. I could almost feel the moon rising and peeking out from the clouds.
I prayed that I didn't let my wolf side didn't get out of control until we got home. It has never happened before, but who knows. Today might just be my "lucky" day.
The bell rang two times before the teacher excused us. Everyone rushed out the door, not wanting to stay a second longer in the horrid class. I felt a light tap on my shoulder as I turned to face Baekhyun.
"What were you thinking about? You seemed to be pre-occupied the whole day." He said with concern in his eyes. 
I sighed. "It's nothing." I said as we both walked off to the training room.
"Oh, Baekhyun!" Someone called behind us. We both turned around to see a girl with shoulder length black hair and warm chocolate brown eyes rush towards us.
"Hello, Yue." Baekhyun said as his cheeks slowly turned pink. He had a crush on her ever since the first time they met. We always told him to confess, but he was always afraid to. It was quite obvious they both liked each other, but he always failed to realise it.
"Hi Kyungsoo," She said smiled with a small bow. "I wanted you guys to meet my new friend. She's a new student here, and she's kind of shy." Yue said nudging someone behind her.
My eyes froze on the figure coming out from behind Yue. It was her. I stared at her and felt this tugging feeling in my chest. Oh dear. Not now.
I fought the urge to show my other side and kept on a straight face. Before the big full moon comes out, do away with it.
Her lips were slightly parted as her eyes met mines, slowly growing wide. "You guys, this is Choi Han Bi," Yue said bringing her foreword. Baekhyun smiled and held out a hand for her to shake.
"Hello, my name's Byun Baekhyun," he said introducing himself. She reached for his hand and slightly shook it. However, I noticed that she was wearing small, beige gloves on her hand.
"Kyungsoo," Baekhyun whispered as he nudged me with his elbow. He turned to me and his expression changed. "Are you okay? You look really pale." Baekhyun said with one hand on my arm. By now, I was shaking. I didn't know how much longer I could hold it in. I took a quick glance out the window and it seemed that the sun was quickly escalating down replacing the sky with darkness. The moon was there hanging in the sky as I wondered if the others where to shift, where ever they were.
Baekhyun turned towards the window and seemed to know what was happening. "Ah, sorry. We have to get to class. Nice to meet you, Han Bi!" Beakhyun quickly waved rushing me downstairs and outside. 
"This is strange. You usually don't transform until midnight," Baekhyun said as we rushed into the woods that surrounded the academy.
"You don't feel it right now?" I managed to say as we ran with my hand over my chest. 
Baekhyun shook his head. "No, I learned to control it after two times of letting it out of control," He said. And I suddenly remembered. 
We were stuck in the lab, being experimented on and stuck in cells, . It was after they had mutated us and after a week of being stuck inside, we decided to escape. It was both unfortunate and fortunate that it was coincidentally a full moon that night.
We waited until all the scientists were home sleeping peacefully in their homes, until we were able to escape. Baekhyun was the first to shift, breaking away the cell bars and ripping open the walls of the lab. Slowly after, everyone else followed suit and changed to their wolf forms, scaring the life out of the people living in a near by isolated village. One person killed. Three injured. 
Afterwards, we did our best to hide ourselves, until we met Park Hyun Shik; the founder and principal of Xion Academy. He found us and took us in, finding us a new home hidden away from most civilization. He himself was a mutation. He could sense the future; nothing more, and nothing less.
He told us that if tried hard enough, we'd be able to control when we'd shift to our forms and that the moon would soon be just a mere part of the solar system and and mean nothing more. And that's exactly what Baekhyun had done.
My head throbbed as I suddenly felt my canines grow longer. My cells breaking and turning into new, animal ones that would adapt with my current form. 
Baekhyun slowly backed away knowing that once we reached our wolf form, we'd be very dangerous and that it would be hard for us to control our emotions. "I'll be back soon, Kyungsoo. Try not to hurt anyone," Baekhyun said disappearing into the woods.
I looked down at my own body. Disgusting. I hated this form more than anything. A quick image of Han Bi flashed through my mind making me howl in anger.
At that moment, I didn't know exactly why I was angry. At that moment I didn't realise what had happened when we first met. At that moment, I hadn't realise that I, a wolf, had fallen for a beauty.
 
AUTHOR'S NOTES;
Yay! Finally done with the first chapter! OTL this is what happenes when you don't plan ahead. 
Okay, so I gave many hints as to what Han Bi's mutation is. Can you guess?
Hehe hope this fit your expectations!
p.s. Thank you so much for the people who have already commented! I really appreciate it because comments are what give me the courage to keep on going, even if they aren't the nicest ones. lol, but yeah, thank you! ^^