Chapter 2: Troublesome Siblings

Finding Love at Unexpected Place by yukino78
MJ is in the kitchen in front of the oven when the door bell rings. She looks up at the hallway then down to her hand. She is holding a hot cake pan. She then shouts, “Jon! Your sister is at the door. Come down and open it.” Then she heard someone coming down the stairs and then towards the hallway. She then put the hot cake pan down to let it cool. She’s experimenting with some cake. She’s trying to make some mocha cake. She already has the mocha icing done and just need to put it all over the cake she baked.

She heard Jessie coming in. “Er Jie!” she called. Behind her is her brother following her to the kitchen.

“Er Jie, how do you know it’s Jessie at the door?” Jon asked while scooping some icing from the bowl.

MJ slap his hand and took the bowl away from him. “The way she pressed the door bell, that’s how she always does it.” She said.

Jon made an ‘O’ and nods his head. “You are good Er Jie.” He said.

“Hey Jessie, how are you?” MJ asked while arranging the table for what she needs.

Jessie made herself comfortable in the kitchen. “I have some exciting news!”

MJ looks at her and she notice Jon sat beside her. “What kind of news?”

Jessie looks at MJ and then to her brother. “Ki Bum, our cousin, will be here during vacation!” She screams.

Jon was surprised. “He is?”

“Yes, Mom just told me.”

“That is great.” Jon said.

MJ smiles at them. She known these kids for five years now and they are like family. “That is good right?”

“Yes, it is very good.” Jessie smiles at her.

“So? When is your cousin coming?” MJ asked while walking around the kitchen.

“Next week.” Jessie said. “Er Jie, have you heard of Super Junior?”

MJ stop what she was doing and stood up straight and looks at Jessie. “Super Junior?” she paused, “Is that some kind of a comic strips?”

Jon and Jessie both laugh. “No Er Jie!” she’s trying not to laugh so hard, “They are one of the famous boy groups in Korea.”

MJ made a ‘O’ with and nods her head. “I don’t really follow K-pop.”

Jessie put both her elbows on the bar while holding her face. “I don’t understand. You love watching Korean Dramas, but you don’t listen to K-pop.” She said.

“Well, they are different.”

“How so?” Jon asked.

MJ grinned. “K-dramas have subtitles while K-pop doesn’t.” she answered.

“Er Jie is sooooo corny!” Jessie said while Jon laughs.

“Well, I’m off upstairs. Tony is beating me with his new game!” Jon said while running up the stairs.

“Mom is right.” Jessie said.

“What do you mean?” MJ asked while moving the cake to the table for the icing part.

“Jon is too comfortable here. Mom said that he lives here more than he lives at home.” Jessie said with a grin on her face.

MJ can’t help but laugh. “You’re mom is right.” Then she asked her, “Do you want to stay for some cake?”

“I would love to, but I have to go meet my friends.” Jessie said. “Can you save me some later Er Jie?”

“Sure, I’ll save you a plate.”

“Thanks!!! You’re the best! I love your cakes!” Jessie gave her a hug. “I have to go now. I’ll see you later!” she waves and then left just like how she came in. She’s like a tornado going in and out. MJ smiles and then went back to put the icing on the cake.

~~~~~~~

A week later

Monday afternoon

MJ was woken up by a continuous ringing of the door bell. She looks at her clock and it says 3pm. She then grabs one of her pillows and put it over her ear to hopefully make that ringing stop, but it didn’t work. She sat up and threw her pillow on the wall and walks towards her door. She put her head out of her room and yelled, “Can someone please!!!! Open that freaking door! Some one is trying to sleep here!” she then slammed the door and lay back down on her bed hoping to go back to sleep. Few seconds later the ringing of the bell starts again. She opens her eyes and took the pillow and slams it on her side and then she stood up. She walks back to her door and opens it. She is getting pissed right now. She just got home few hours ago from her 4day/night weekend work. She is ready to punch someone’s face right now. She went to her brother’s room and she saw it empty. Then she went to her sister’s room and it’s the same…it’s empty. She has no choice right now, so she runs down the stairs to open the door. She unlocks it and then she opened it wide and shouts, “What do you want?!”

“Er…Er Jie.” Someone nervously calls out to her. She is still half asleep. When she finally opens her eyes she saw Jon and Jessie in front of her looking scared. She breathes in and out to calm down.

“Yes?” She asked while leaning on the door frame.

“Er Jie we need help.” Jessie said.

MJ put her palm on her forehead and starts rubbing it. She feels like a headache is about to come. She opens the door wide to let the siblings in. “What do you need?” She asks while she closes the door and walks towards the living room to sit down. The sibling follows her and sat in front of her. She heard them arguing silently on who will tell the problem. She guessed the older sibling won since Jessie is the one who starts talking to her.

“Er Jie, we need a favor.” She paused. When Jessie noticed that MJ is not answering so she continue, “My cousin and his friends will be coming today.” She paused again. Waiting for some reaction from MJ and when she didn’t get any she continues, “Can you…” she paused again and then Jon nudged her to continue, “Can you pick them up with us using your van?” she said quickly and then shut her eyes.

~~~~~~~

Jessie and Jon are both scared of MJ right now. Don’t get them wrong; MJ is their favorite sister in the So Family. They think that they can tell her anything. The only thing they are scared of is when MJ gets mad and also when MJ doesn’t get any sleep. They tried to call Tony to help them, but Tony went to go to his class this afternoon. They tried to ask Da Jie (大姐), but she’s not answering her phone. They really don’t want to bother MJ since they know that she worked this past weekend, but they don’t have anyone to go to. Both their parents went out of town for a convention about some Landscaping/Gardening thing and it’s too late to get a refund, so they just went. Then they also learned that both Mr. and Mrs. So are back in Hawaii for the summer, so that leaves them with MJ only.

Jessie opens one of her eyes to see MJ’s reaction. She saw her eyes still shut and she is rubbing her forehead faster now as if trying to get rid of the headache. She already explains everything to her and now just waiting for the result. They really need someone to go with them to the airport. Their parents didn’t tell them that there were six of the guys including their cousin instead of just their cousin who will be coming. They can’t fit them all in their car. The only way is to borrow the So’s van, but they know they won’t let them drive the van.

“Er Jie.” Jessie said softly. Then she saw MJ put her hand down and finally opening her eyes.
.
“You better have that drink when I come down.” MJ said and then she stood up to go upstairs to change.

Jessie and Jon jump up and high five when MJ went upstairs.

“Go get her drink in the fridge.” Jon said to his sister.

“Okay, I’ll be right back.” Jessie said jumping off the sofa and ran out the front door and then to their house.

Both siblings know what MJ meant about that drink. They were all prepared. They went to starbucks first to grab her favorite drink, a Venti Green Tea Frap and her favorite chocolate donut. Now they just need to wait for her finish changing then they will be heading to the airport.

~~~~~~~

MJ can’t believe she will be driving to the airport which is 40 miles from where they live. She didn’t even change her clothes. She decided to just wear her snoopy sleeping pants and snoopy tank top. She just throws a snoopy hoody over head then pull up her hair up in a bun. She grabs her phone, wallet, keys, and itouch before heading down the stairs. She saw the siblings waiting for her by the door with her drink. She grabs her drink and took a sip then she sighs. She then notices the siblings staring at her. “What?”

Jon was the first one to react. “Er Jie, are you going out in your jammies?”

MJ looks at her clothes. “Is there something wrong with that?”

Jessie answered, “Well, not really, but your jammies?”

MJ rolled her eyes. “I’m not going outside the van. I’ll be staying inside. We’re just going to the airport and then back.” She said.

The siblings look at each other and shrugs. “Okay Er Jie. Lead the way.” Jon said.

MJ opens the door towards the garage then opens the van. Jon sits in front with her while Jessie sits comfortable at the back. She opens the garage and slowly backing up. She took her sunglass from the compartment and put it on. She clicks the remote for the garage and it started to close. She put the gear on drive then fixes the a/c and the radio station. Once she is satisfied she pressed on the accelerator and they’re on their way.

~~~~~~~

IAH Airport

Ki Bum and the other members are waiting for his cousin to arrive at the airport. They’ve been waiting for an hour. They were a bit surprised to see none of their avid fans roaming around. They do get some stares, but mostly from people who are coming and going inside the airport. They were sitting on one of those chairs by the baggage claim waiting for Ki Bum’s cousin.

“Ki Bum, are you sure they didn’t forget about us?” Leeteuk asked.

“I just called my cousin and he said they are close by. He will come and get us when they get here.” With that said he heard someone calling his name. He looks up and saw his Cousin Jon waving at him. He looks at s and said, “He is here.” Everyone stood up and start gathering their things together.

“What took you so long?” Ki Bum asked while handing some of the bags to his cousin.

Jon sighs, “Long story cuz, I’ll tell you when we get home.” Jon looks at everyone to see if they are ready. “Let’s go.” He said and leads the way to the private parking section.

~~~~~~~

MJ noticed that Jessie keeps on looking outside the window. “You know you should have gone with your brother. You keep stretching your neck that I’m afraid it will break.”

“Er Jie!” Jessie said shocked and then she hold her neck as if making sure it won’t break or something. MJ laughs at her.

“What’s taking your brother so long?” MJ said. “I’m getting tired and sleepy. Just thinking about the traffic makes me want to just cry here.” Jessie smiles at her. Jenny knows about the Houston traffic especially this time of the day.

“Er Jie, we really appreciate what you’re doing today.” Jessie said looking all serious.

MJ sighs, “It’s alright missy. It can’t be help.” She said. Jessie gives her the brightest smile and then hugs her. Then they heard someone opening the back door. “Oh they are here.” MJ said.

~~~~~~~

Ki Bum and the guys are following his cousin Jon. They saw him walk towards a Van that they never seen before. It looks futuristic (Nissan Forum Van). They saw his cousin open truck and the side door. The guys start to put their things at the back and then start getting in the van. Then he saw his other cousin Jessie.

Jessie came out from the front seat and hugs him. “Cuz!”

“Jessie!” Ki Bum said and then looks at her. “You’re grown so much since the last time I saw you.” He said.

Jessie grins. Then she said, “C’mon let’s go before the cops tell us to move.” She said.

Ki Bum and the guys climb in the van. Jon sat with them at the back while Jessie stayed at the front passenger seat.

Ki Bum looks at the driver. He thought it will be his Uncle or Aunt, but it’s a different person. Then he heard Jon talk to her.

“Er Jie, we’re ready.” Jon said.

Ki Bum looks at Jon and asked, “Er Jie?” Jon just smiles at him and nods his head.

At the back Hank Kyung heard what Ki Bum’s cousin called the driver of their van. He lean his head on the side trying to understand. Did his cousin just call the driver ‘Er Jie?’ which means second oldest sister in Chinese. Is the driver Chinese? Hank Kyung asked himself. He will find out later.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hello! Chapter 2 is up!!!
Hope y'all like it...Do leave some comments/reviews....i luv reading them!!! makes me write more!!! lol