The Spider & The Fly

A Beautiful Façade

 

Young couples roam the cherry blossom road as I watch them blatantly kiss under the falling pink petals. Click! I do have to say that it does make for a good photograph. A warm breeze sways the petals to the left of the road where a young lady in white lace sits on a wooden bench. Click! The lady sure was beautiful. Looking up, I notice that she was gone. It was uncertain whether I was a bit saddened at the fact that she had disappeared - she was indeed a beauty.

~*~*~

I am here again in this cherry blossom road. I have been coming frequently since then, and yet I have never seen her once; it was quite disappointing, I do have to say. Sighing, I close my eyes as I let out another saddened breath. My eyes flutter open as a soft breeze passes through, gently moving the petals to the left of the road. And just like before, I see her sitting on the wooden bench, but this time she wears a floral dress with her hair done in a loose fishtail braid. Click! I gasped when the flash went off. 

~*~*~

I watched the sky darken as the sun sets for the day. It was a glorious sight, but it was soon cut short when a flash of light suddenly appeared. It was bewildering to be honest. I look to the direction of where the flash came from and find a flustering man. He ruffles his hair and I can't help but notice how well he matches with that disheveled look. The man shyly glances towards my direction and I notice that I have been staring far longer than I should have. My stomach starts to churn, and that's when I realize that it's past my "curfew."

~*~*~

I felt ashamed knowing that such a beauty has caught me. Her face wavered no emotions as she looked at me and I couldn't help but feel a wave of embarrassment rush through once again. What have I gotten myself into? I remind myself of how I stupid I really am. Frustrated, I take a quick glance at the lady across the street to calm my foolish self. Our eyes meet and she gives me a strange fleeting look before leaving off into the semi-crowded streets below. My body moved as if an unknown string was controlling me. I walk in the direction of where the lady fled off. My body walked with an air of nonchalance and yet my mind whirred with nerves of wariness. What's happening to me?

~*~*~

This can’t be happening… I briskly move through the sea of humans and into a deserted alleyway. A burning sensation passes through me and I knew of what was to come. If only I had been more punctual then this wouldn’t be happening right now. Just how forgetful can I be? My fingers start to twitch uncontrollably. I lean against the wall as a wave of hunger flashes through. I look at my hands as they transform; My arms start to elongate as do my fingers. I gasp as I realize the threads. When did I – I don’t remember- this can’t – I panic and only now realize just how bad the situation was.

~*~*~

My body continues to move as my mind continues to scream for help, though it was futile, it was the only thing that I was capable of actually doing at the moment. As I walk, the crowd starts to disperse little by little until it is completely deserted. I’m walking in a fairly darkened street and I can’t help but think of the worst possible thing that could happen to me, death. Death was an inevitable part of life, but I could not help but fear it, though it could be the fact that I fear the unknown that I too fear death. I pass under the yellow light of a lamppost and, although a fleeting moment, I notice a silver string connected to the very middle of my chest where my heart lies. I could not question the sudden appearance of the said thread for a shocking surprise awaited for me in an abandoned alleyway.

It was that beautiful woman from before – yet it was not. Her body was no longer frail looking nor was it human looking, her body had somehow morphed into the body of a spider – a very, very huge spider that resembled a black widow at most – but the upper half of her body had stayed fairly human. It was a baffling site nonetheless; how could I make sense of this situation? I have never experienced something so frightening; I have never been consumed of so much fear to the point I felt paralyzed; I-I’m truly afraid for my life…

~*~*~

A young man stands before me, the same man from before. I bore into his eyes and see nothing but utter fear. I growl as I pick up his sweet vanilla scent. Yum~

“Don’t worry, it will all be over soon…”

 

 

 


I hope you guys liked it - I know it's a bit weird with Yoona being this sort of arachnid creature and all, but nontheless, I hope you guys enjoyed this short oneshot.

Other Luyoon stories: 1 2