War Paint

Depth of Winter

War Paint

Why do girls wear make-up?

-

Do you ever see those girls who wear make-up for no reason at all? They’re the girls who wake up every morning and using all their efforts they apply make-up to their bare faces even when they’re not going out. People wonder why they wear make-up and they’ll say that natural beauty is better. But is it really? Is it really for the person who wears it?

Because with make-up you never know, make-up conceals a lot of things people don’t know about. One being insecure about your appearance and another is wearing it as war paint. What is war paint? It’s something you wear to face whatever the world throws at you.

In my case I wear it so I can face the feeling of being stuck. Right now in my life I can feel that I’m not moving anywhere, I’m stuck in a pit full of sorrow and there’s no way out. It is so dark now that I can’t see anything, not a single ray of light shines into the pit, it’s so cold.

My war paint it what keeps me strong and alive, it’s what stops me from crying. Because I know that if I cry it’ll run down my face and that if I shed a tear I’ll come crumbling down. I won’t be in that pit anymore; I won’t be in the pit where someone can find me. I’d be gone, a long way from everyone.

Fin.


“That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful.” 
- Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation