3. Missions

Afterlife's Forgiveness

(FaiSeop)

Hi again ^^

Uh, well here's another chapter, I don't understand why it feels like I wrote a lot but then it comes out so short XD

*sad*

Oh well 

I hope you guys enjoy

I hope you guys comment too, I'd like to know how we're doing e.e 

I'll be honest, no comments worry me, and makes me take longer to write since I dunno if I'm doing good or not.

Just a few comments, doesn't have to be all of you, I know how silent readers are, I used to be one so no pressure ^^

Oh yes, ida-iks has been busy, that's why the first few chapters are from me so far o.o

 

Chapter 3~

 

Eun-Mi stood there at the edge of the cliff staring over to the other side where she had just spotted.. her best friend.

 

"She's not my best friend..she's a back stabber." She growled in a whisper glaring over to Yumi.

 

"What was that?" She heard one of her teammates ask behind her.

 

"It's nothing." She shook her head not taking her eyes of the so called sweet little Angel from across.

 

"What are you looking at?" Another of her teammates spoke up behind her. She kept silent still watching Yumi.

 

"Looks like one of those Angels are starring our way." One of them smirked.

 

"Why would she be starring this way?" The last one wondered. She noticed the teacher from the other side caught Yumi's attention. She turned away to face her members.

 

"I have no idea why." Eun-Mi replied coldly.

 

"Perhaps you know her?" The cat like guy grinned.

 

"What would a Demon have to do with an Angel?" She glared.

 

"You know we weren't Demons before we got here." The older looking one shrugged.

 

"He's right, so just who could that cute Angel be?" The closest one near her smirked curious.

 

Just then they heard a scream. Eun-Mi's eyes widened as she turned quickly to see Yumi had been pushed off the cliff. Her screams while she fell made Eun-Mi's heart sink a little. "No.. No I don't care about her!" She thought closing her eyes trying to resist the urge to do something about it. The drop was a pretty big one.. her screams started to fade. She opened her eyes to look. None of the Angels were doing anything about it. "What the hell?" She stepped forward not pleased.

 

"Are they really going to let her fall all the way down?" The younger looking male seemed a bit shocked. Angels were suppose to be kind..and protective. Watching one of their kind falling and not doing anything about it seemed unusual.

 

"Damn it." Eun-Mi spread out her wings and was about to leap off when she noticed one of the Angels from the other side leap down, to save Yumi, she assumed.

 

The Angel, Kevin, who leapt to save Yumi succeeded. Eun-Mi sighed with a little relief.

 

"What was all that about?" The closest one known be the name of Eli asked her raising a brow.

 

"You don't know her huh?" The cat like guy known by AJ doing the same as the other.

 

"You wanted to save her." The younger one known as Dongho joined them.

 

"You did have something to do with her." The older one known by the name Soohyun crossed his arms over his chest. All four ganging up on her.

 

"What's it to you?" She she snickered walking thru them pushing them away.

 

"Who was she?" Eli followed her.

 

"I don't have to tell you do I?" She continued walking.

 

"Sister? Cousin? Family?" Dongho tried catching up with her. She sighed keeping silent.

 

"Why do they want to know?" She thought irritated.

 

"A best friend?" AJ guessed. She stopped at those words, pretty much confirming it.

 

"So you two were bestie's, what happened? How come you're here and she's there?" Eli pryed.

 

"We're done with the lesson right?" Eun-Mi asked their flight coach Kibum.

 

"Yes you may go." He nodded scribbling down things onto his clip board. She continued on ahead while the other 4 were left behind.

 

"Why do you think she doesn't want to tell us?" Soohyun wondered.

 

"Maybe something happened.." Eli thought out loud.

 

"You mean like that girl back stabbed her or something?" AJ finished his thought.

 

"Something like that." He nodded.

 

"How would a Angel back stab someone?" Dongho looked confused.

 

"Whatever it is, apparently our leader doesn't like her." Soohyun sighed.

 

"What do you mean she doesn't like her? Didn't you see how she looked like she was about leap of to save that Angel?" Eli shook his head.

 

"Oh yeah that did happen. So she must still care for her in a sense?" AJ nodded.

 

"Are you guys done gossiping? Let's go." Eun-Mi spoke behind them coldly. They turned looking at her startled. She took her leave again as they followed her this time keeping quiet.

 

They entered a lounge like room filled with other wandering demons like themselves. Earlier they had picked Eun-Mi to be their leader of their group, making them all follow her like little ducklings following their mother. She looked around as the others waited. She noticed them standing there behind her no really paying attention or doing anything.

 

“What are you doing?” She asked facing them.

 

“Waiting for something to happen.” Eli shrugged.

 

“I may be your leader but that doesn’t mean I should be doing all the work!” She snapped.

 

“Then leader should tell us what to do.” Dongho pointed out. She was silent as she tried to think.

 

What are we suppose to do here? We were just told we’re Demons. We sprouted wings. They taught us how to fly.. Now what?” She noticed their teacher Kibum walking by and called him over.

 

“Yes?” He asked placing his hands behind his back leaning forward to listen.

 

“What are we suppose to do now?” She asked pointing to herself than the other 4.

 

“Whatever you guys want. We’re Demons. We don’t really have anything special to do other than mess around and cause trouble. If you guys really want something to do, I’m more than happy to find you something to do.” Kibum smirked looking towards the others.

 

“And that would be?” Eli took a step closer.

 

“There’s a new group at the B.A.A, they’re under my long time enemy’s wing, Alexander. Been awhile since he’s gained new students. Why don’t we mess with them for a little bit? Hmm?” He asked looking to Eun-Mi for approval since she was their leader.

 

“Angels?” She raised a brow.

 

“Correct. Actually the ones you all saw from earlier at the flight zone.” He nodded standing up straight.

 

“You mean the one who pushed that girl off the cliff?” Dongho asked interested. Kibum nodded.

 

“He’s pretty tough on his students at time, she must have been giving him trouble.” He shook his head. “Even Angels can get annoyed too you know.” He added shortly after.

 

“When do we start?” Eun-Mi spoke up calmly. “That was Yumi in that group... Now I can.. pay her back.” She thought with an evil smile forming. “I’m a demon now, no rules can stop me. I don’t even feel bad, what she did to me, I can never forgive her! She deserves what’s coming to her.”

 

“You start when they start.” The smiled.

 

“When would that be?” Soohyun asked curiously.

 

“I assume in few days, They’ll be given a mission by the almighty God. I’ll give you info once I have it.” Kibum simply replied.

 

“I wonder what kind of missions they get?” AJ spoke his thoughts thinking aloud.

 

“Alexander’s groups always seem to get the good missions. The missions where they get to go back to the real world.” Everyone looked more interested once those words were spoken.

 

“No way, does that mean we can too?” Dongho stared in anticipation for his teacher’s answer.

 

“You can just consider that we are Evil Angels up here. What they can do, we just as easily can do too.” He smiled evilly.

 

Once that had been said, Kibum told them he’d come and find them once he’s obtained info about the Angel’s mission. Everyone seemed pretty excited about what was to come besides Eun-Mi who was thinking up of what to do once the time comes. “Can Demons kill Angels once we’re in the real world? Hmmm.

 

***

 

In the B.A.A facilities cafeteria Yumi’s group sat with their teacher Alexander eating food. They weren’t really sure what to call it.. Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? What time is it? Everyone ate peacefully where Yumi just sat there sulking about what happened earlier. She hardly touched her food for multiple reasons.

 

A.) She does not like vegetables.

 

B.) She lost her appetite when she was plunged off a thousand foot cliff. Lastly.

 

C.) She was thinking about Eun-Mi, and why she was on the other side of the cliffs.

 

“Why was she over there... I don’t understand.” Her thoughts were interrupted by Xander’s voice.

 

“Quit sulking and eat your food.” He ordered.

 

“If you think you’ll get to eat whenever you want cause you’re an Angel you’re sooo wrong!” He added raising his voice as if the was an upset parent with their child. She winced hearing the tone in his voice. “He’s like an angry father!” She complained in her thoughts looking down to her plate. It looked like normal food, the only thing on the plate she dreaded to eat was the steamed mixed vegetables. She looked at it scrunching her nose.

 

“I don’t like vegetables.” She simply stated about to reach for her fork to eat when Alexander slammed his hand onto the table in annoyance.

 

“Listen girly, I don’t care if you don’t like it. You will eat it because it’s good for you, you’ll need all the energy you can get before you start your mission. So I don’t want to hear you complaining about food anymore.” He lectured her as everyone else at the table kept quite. She frowned lowering her head a bit.

 

“Yes I understand.” She spoke softly looking back to her plate.

 

“Aish, seriously, you’re so troublesome but adorable at the same time. I can’t stand it!” Xander placed a hand over his eyes in frustration.

 

“I’m sorry teacher, I’ll eat it!” She scooped up a spoon full of the veggies and held it up to , hesitating last second. Kevin who was sitting next to her rested his elbow on the table resting his head into his palm watching  her as she stared that the spoon for what seemed like hours, but was only a minute.

 

“Ahhh.” Kevin opened his mouth looking at her. He meant to encourage her to open , but that wasn’t what she thought by his actions. She looked at him for a second, then took her spoon and put the vegetables in his mouth. He looked at her beyond confused, his mouth still hanging open with the food sitting in his mouth. “Es ot wha I ment..” He mumbled before sitting up straight, chewing the food and swallowed.

 

“You don’t get to leave this table until you’ve finished your vegetables.” Xander sighed getting up. Hoon and Kiseop didn’t help by ooooing.

 

“Are we seriously playing house up in the heavens!” Yumi back talked.

 

“Like I said, you need all the energy you can get before your mission, it’s for your own good. Quit acting like a child! You! Kevin, make sure she eats.” He demanded before leaving the room.

 

“They’re just vegetables, I don’t see what your problem is.” Hoon spoke up finishing his last bite alongside Kiseop. She sighed letting her head hang low.

 

“Have fun waiting.” Kiseop patted Kevin’s shoulder as him and Hoon left in the same direction as Alexander.

 

“I’m their leader, why are my followers abandoning me.” She complained.

 

“You sure are dramatic.” Kevin sighed shaking his head. She sighed yet again.

 

“They’re just vegetables...” She picked up her spoon again. She scooped some up and placed it in . She chewed a bit. “They don’t taste that bad, but do I seriously have to finish this whole thing?” She complained yet again.

 

“It’s not even that much!” Kevin exclaimed at the small portion of the veggies took up her plate.

 

“Eugh..” She forced another spoonful and chewed reluctantly.

 

“Were you like this alive?” He sighed. She kept eating spoonful after spoonful ignoring him until 4 spoonfuls later came the  last spoonful. “I can’t eat anymore!” She leaned back in her seat holding her stomach.

 

“You only ate 4 spoonfuls!” He stared. “This girl is so interesting!”

 

“I’m so stuffed. I can’t.” She shook her head sitting up to get up. Kevin stopped her holding her by the arm.

 

“Just one more.” He pointed. “I don’t think it matters either, but teacher said to make sure you ate all of it.” He added shortly after. She pouted.

 

“I am your leader! If I said I had enough, I’ve had enough!” She complained.

 

“Teacher is superior to my leader making him in charge, He told me to make sure you ate everything. That’s what I’ll do.” He stated getting the spoon ready. “Open up one last time.” He held it up to , She tried backing away. “It’ll taste better if I feed it to you yes?” He teased. She just glared at him not amused with his joke. “Here comes the choo choo train, Choo choo.” He smiled. Still nothing, her face remained the same. “Airplane then? Zzzoooom.” He was trying anything to get this last bite in since time was passing. They couldn’t stay there too much longer.

 

“You seriously think I’ll play alo-” He took his chance when was opened wide enough to put the spoon in.

 

“There! You did it!” He jumped up clapping. “Chew chew chew!” He poked her cheeks making her blush from how much attention he was giving her about chewing a simple spoonful of vegetables.

 

“He just wanted to get out of here is all..”. She chewed quickly turning away from him embarrassed as he cheered her on. “What the heck!” She thought getting up. “Were you like this alive?” She threw his question back at him not looking  as she left the room where the others had exited leaving Kevin standing there confused.

 

“What did I do?” He wondered.

 

***

 

A little bit later they were showed off to their dorm like environment.

 

“This is where you will be staying from now on. Your new home!” Alexander smiled holding his arms out backing into the room presenting it.

 

“Really? We’ll be staying here like ‘Living’ here?” Hoon asked looking around. It felt like the real world again.

 

“Yes, You get to live here just like how you would normally in the real world. Just no annoying rent.” He explained as they all spread around the room looking at everything.

 

“It all feels so real.” Kiseop touched the book shelf.

 

“Yah.. cause it is babo.” Xander shook his head. “I should also mention that I have small news about your mission you’ll be starting in 5 days. This dorm you see now. It’s an exact replica of the dorm you’ll be staying in... In the real world.” He stated. Everyone looked his way in sync.

 

“Real world?” They all tilted their heads confused.

 

“Angels can travel down to Earth for missions. Since you’re all under my wing, you’ve been granted to live in the real world again due to missions.” Everyone was having a hard time absorbing this in.

 

“When you say live. Will we be staying down there?” Yumi raised her hand.

 

“You’d only live down there during a mission. Once the mission is over you return here until another mission is requested.”

 

“This sounds so confusing and makes no sense to me at all.” She sighed taking a seat on the white couch.

 

“You’ll all get used to it soon enough.. or so I hope.” He eyed Yumi. “

 

Why are you only looking at me!” She complained.

 

“Do you really need to ask?” Hoon sighed.

 

“Okay I think we all just had a long...uhm..” Kiseop spoke only to get stuck on what to say.

 

“We have normal days here in the Heavens.” Xander cleared up for him. “Everything is about the same up here. Food. Sleeping. Days. The only difference is you’re Angels with wings.” He smiled holding his hands up to his chin motioning wings flapping with his hands. The word of Wings being spoken made Yumi’s wings subconsciously open up knocking Hoon over from where he stood.

 

“Huh? Oh I’m sorry!” She apologized realizing what had just happened.

 

“You.” Xander pointed at her. “Need extra training. Come with me!” He demanded.

 

“But I’m ti-”

 

“I don’t wanna hear it, let’s go.” He opened the door waiting for her to follow. She sighed getting up closing up her wings so nothing else would get knocked over.

 

“This is no fun at all!” She complained in her thoughts exiting the room with Alexander, leaving the others in the Dorm alone.

 

“She’s such a troublemaker!” Hoon complained rubbing his arm he landed on in the fall.

 

“No I think she’s more of a walking bag of accidents.” Kiseop shook his head.

 

“You guys, I don’t think we should say such negative things like that about her.” Kevin defended.

 

“Say one positive thing about her then?” Hoon crossed his arms.

 

“Uhmm she’s cute?” Kevin shrugged.

 

“We all know that!” Kiseop sighed.

 

“She’s funny?” Kevin thought about it really heard. “What is she good at?”


They looked at him with crossed arms, almost ganging up on him.

 

“What’s the positive thing she’s done for us? Other than upset our teacher, pout and complain about things, and lastly cause accidents?” Hoon questioned.

 

“I’m sure there’s a positive there somewhere just giver her a chance. We’re all still rather new here right. She might just be taking longer to adapt to all this. Give her time.” Kevin pleaded. He really didn’t want to have these two looking down on Yumi because of what happened.

 

“They must have had a connection when he saved her from that fall, and now you’re just protecting her.” Kiseop mentioned.

 

“I don’t even understand why I should have to protect her from her own followers that voted her to be Leader?” Kevin fired back.

 

“Maybe we made a wrong choice.” Hoon defended.

 

“You guys.” Kevin sighed feeling bad. He felt like he just made things worse for Yumi.

 

“I noticed there’s only 2 bedrooms. Since you like her so much, you share the room with her.” Kiseop spoke walking off. Hoon followed him seconds later.

 

“What is this? Why are they being like that?” Kevin thought to himself taking a seat on the couch. “Well.. I’ll believe in her. I won’t let her down, I’ll be a loyal follower, those two can do what they want. I forgive. I don’t hold grudges. Besides.. she looks like she’s lost something dear to her. She looks lonely once you’ve looked her in the eyes long enough. She needs someone that won’t give up on her. I’ll be that someone.” He thought looking up at the front door.