Background

Twelve Warriors of Exo

In the past millenniums, twelve destined warriors are to be reincarnated and protect the world from destruction. With each warrior being born into the different races scattered across Exo they need to get together where their powers are at its strongest.

 

The first birth of the warriors began with the ice. In a land far away from civilization a lone tribe existed. The head chief’s wife had given birth to be healthy baby boy whom she named Xiumin as his breath bought the frost upon his rosy cheeks. His birth marked the beginning of a new era as his journey to reunite the warriors began. The oracle of his tribe taught him how to control his powers as well as learn to feel where his brethren were.

 

In a forest isolated from the outside world, a young boy was raised by the spirits. They named him Luhan, growing up as the only living being apart from the trees surrounding him perfected his power. The mind was his greatest strength, able to use telekinesis as well as being a prophet. He sees things that no one else can and having not been exposed to the evils in the world gave him eternal innocence.

 

At the top of a mountain, the warrior with the power to fly lived with his family. Kris was a natural leader type of person. Even at a young age, he led his family up the mountain to avoid an epidemic that had spread in his area. Great survival skills kept his family warm and fed, but did not have the power to prevent a tragedy that fell upon them. Through the tragedy, he met the friend that keeps him moving forward without regret.

 

At the southern borders, the sea people lived in fear of being hunted and sold off as slaves. They travel from ocean to ocean from sea to sea and even into the smaller rivers to be safe. Along with them was the fourth warrior, Suho, the guardian of water. His people were the last to have witnessed the original warriors’ deaths. The moment Suho was born, he became their goal. Their sole reason to survive and move forward. As the guardian of the gentlest element, his personality matched.

 

In the busy city of Sone, the healers had made their presence permanant in the lively city. Famous for the Xing healers, Lay was the little boy with the healing touch that brought even the kings from all over to seek his touch. Quiet, shy, and somewhat absent minded, Lay was the center of attention yet he felt so alone. Little did he know, a part of him was with the gentle hands that he dreams of every night, holding his own.

 

The northern lights fail in comparison to the light of Baekhyun. His power being light, he shone through the toughest times in his life. Guiding those that are lost to safety, shining on those who are consumed in dark thoughts, he brings out their smiles, yet he cannot free himself from the darkness. In his heart harbors a great pain that strikes his very core with each passing day. How he wishes to find his own light that would lead him to happiness, the one he can no longer remembers.

 

The lightning people were fearless, even as babies. The storms bring a sense of belonging that nothing could beat. To Chen, in the eye of the storm is his home. Escaping to the outside whenever a storm loomed was his favorite past time. Who else could shock the world into living? Who else could greet the skies with a lightning bolt of his own? Chen often passed as a simple minded boy, but behind his facade, he’s looking for the constant in his life. After all, lightning never strikes the same place twice.

 

The boy born with a phoenix twin, the fire. Chanyeol was born with a baby phoenix that destroyed his mother. Burning through her as she gave birth to him. His people feared the monster child and the little bird. They abandoned him in the wild as even his father despised him. The phoenix whom Chanyeol later names Sain, meaning revival. Sain and Chanyeol grew up in the wild, support each other and protecting one another. Chanyeol’s fire burns even in the darkest places where no light could be seen.

 

Diligent and kind, Kyungsoo was blessed with the gift of the earth. He was part of the land, he feels the life that surrounds him. Being the nice boy he is, often he was bullied by the other kids, but no one knew that within Kyungsoo was one of the warriors. He did not need to speak out or boast to the others for them to accept him. He believes that one day, someone will like him, will love him, give him a place he can call home, people who will be his friends, his brothers. He knows that it will happen, he just doesn’t know when.

 

Frozen in time, Tao the time control warrior faces a reality that no one else sees. He no longer knows when he is, what time is to him holds no meaning, not when he can’t move forward or backwards. He longs to find the one thing that would make him feel like he is alive. To be complete when he himself feels as though he does not exist.

 

Jongin, or Kai as he liked to be called was like a puff of smoke. Only lingering and disappearing after a while. He leaves behind only his past, never his present. His power was teleportation as he could be anywhere he wanted, but nowhere wanted him. He longs to find the one that will accept him. That would hold onto his hand, not wanting him to leave. To build a constant together for them both.


The last of the warriors came in the form of the wind. A boy who resembled the wind was born into the royal family of the Inspirit kingdom. The prince did not talk, uninterested in the world that moves around him. He looks at everything with eyes that truly did not see anything. Taking the role of the youngest warrior, his birth sent the other warriors into a fever signalling that they were all alive.