2/2

Decisions, Decisions

You walked to the door and Donghae followed. You opened the door to see Henry standing in the doorway. You didn’t miss Donghae’s smirk as he pulled you in to another hug and whispered goodbyes into your ear before slipping past henry. You thought you heard him whisper ‘Good luck’ to henry as he walked past but you shook off the thought as henry walked through the door.

“Hey, ______” He took no time in giving you a hug. Although this hug had a different feel. He seemed almost urgent and jittery and you just rubbed his back until you could feel the steady breaths on your neck.  You pulled away and greeted him as well.

“Have you eaten yet?” he wiggled his eyebrows and you giggled at him.

“No, not yet” you answered him and he made his way straight for the kitchen.  He started pulling out a whole bunch of things from the fridge ad pantry and saw you staring at him.

“Oh, I’m just going to cook for you, I know you hate making things.” he trailed off but when he saw that you were smiling he quickly started. It seemed as if he was starving so you didn’t stop him, plus you were hungry too. If he hadn’t cooked you probably would’ve made ramen after he left. You sat on one of the stools and watched him.

He was majestic. The way his hands worked in the kitchen was breathtaking. He cut everything flawlessly and you stole some peppers to snack on since your stomach started growling at the sight of all the food. He stared the rice since he knew you hated pasta, and then left the kitchen.  It would take a while to cook so you followed him, only to see him already have your violin out of its case and in position.  He wasn’t facing you when he stared to play, but he soon turned around and saw you watching him. A smile crept onto his face and he continued to play flawlessly. It was calm and romantic and he couldn’t take his eyes off of you. He was playing for you and you alone, suddenly you realized what song he was playing.

He had finished it you thought, he wrote it specifically for you, so you two could learn it together and play it. You smiled at the thought. When the song ended he handed you the instrument and you put it up to your chin and began to play. However you were still a beginner and made mistakes. He leaned into your back and wrapped his hands around you to fix your position. You didn’t want his hands to leave your body, there was such an attraction between you, you slowly realized. He left you playing and went to check on the food. You heard the vegetables sizzle as he dropped them into a pan and soon the apartment smelled like a 5 star restaurant. You played a few songs and turned around only to find him staring at you.

“_____, the food is ready” he couldn’t take his eyes off of you has he took you by the hand and lead you back into the kitchen. He had set up the table and it looked so romantic. You sat down and he put the food on the table. His cooking was always incredible. It was one of the things you really liked about him, that and the violin playing.

The two of you ate in silence, but then he started speaking.

“_______, I have something very important to say to you” He looked up into your eyes and his gaze was so demanding that you couldn’t look away. “You are beautiful, you always have been. Since the first time I ever laid eyes on you I knew, I knew that I would feel this way about you. I knew in my heart that someday we would be together and everything in my world would be right for once. I have such strong feelings for you and I know we are good together. When we are together time passes so simply, we don’t even have to try. I guess what I’m trying to say is.” he paused.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he finally spit out. You couldn’t hide the shock on your face even though you knew it was coming. However he too knew how much you couldn’t make decisions under pressure he added, “Think about it for a while, I’m sure you have some things to think about” Your mind immediately went to Donghae.

“However I really do have to go, I have an early morning” he said, you looked at your watch and it was already 9pm! Where had the time gone? Maybe Henry was right, when you two were together, it was just so easy.

The two of you bid goodbyes and he left. You just stood by the door unable to move. You finally realized the reality and you knew you had to choose, and hurt the other, or not choose and hurt them both. You collapsed right where you stood and started to cry. How could they do this to you? You couldn’t stand to hurt either one of them. You just cried knowing that you were going to break one of their hearts and you didn’t have a choice about it. It was either hurt one and move on with the other or hurt all three of you and live with a broken heart yourself.

You finally calmed down and made it to the couch and just sat there for a while thinking about the day’s events. You had to figure out which one of your two boys you loved. Which one of them could you not live without? Which one made our heart flutter, which one made life feel exciting? Answering those questions was so difficult for you.

You knew both of them were waiting for you to call, watching their phones. You laid back and contemplated your life without them. You hoped that the other would understand and you could stay friends, but you knew even if you did you wouldn’t be as close. It was just as bad as you imagining them out of your life.

Both of the boys were special to you however you slowly realized that the relationships you had with each of them were drastically different. You began to slowly realize that there was one of them that stood out to you. Just slightly from the other and the more you thought about him, the more you realized that you had fallen for him without even realizing it.

Somehow he had become the center of your life and you knew, you knew at that instant that you couldn’t live without him. You wanted to feel his hands on your skin again. You wanted to feel how his lips would feel against yours. You wanted to know how it felt to wake up and see his face on the pillow next to yours. Soon you were imagining your whole life together and at that moment you knew it was him and as hard as it would be to reject the other you knew it had to be done.

You called him. He was happy to hear your voice. It broke your heart a little bit to tell him that you had to turn him down, you could hear his voice break as he tried to hold back the tears you knew he would shed as soon as you hung up. You kept saying sorry and he kept telling you that he understood but soon you had to hang up so you could shed your own tears. You hated hurting people and you knew that everything that he felt at this moment was your entire fault. It was hard to handle.

You went to clean yourself up. You had to wipe the mascara off of your cheeks and re applied your make up to look presentable. You called him up with still tears in your eyes his voice made you smile and in that moment you felt so much better with your decision and knew that you had made the right one.

“Are you busy now?” you asked him and when he told you know you told him to come over quickly you had something to tell him. He hung up quickly. You could imagine him running to you, and sneaking out of the dorm because you knew that he knew you chose him. Not even ten minutes later there was a knock on your door.

You opened it and he walked in. You walked right up to him and wrapped him into a hug. You leaned back just enough to look into his eyes. You pressed your lips to his and you melted. He put his hands on your hips and pulled you closer. You felt him stop breathing and your heart skipped a beat. You ever thought kissing him would be this amazing. You never wanted it to end. However you eventually pulled away. You trailed your lips across his neck and whispered.

“Donghae, I’m yours”