o4

Origin

"Welcome to 120 Seconds With Your Idol. According to popular request, we have the famous author, Kim Myungsoo, here with us today." The emcee, Kim Chohee, turned to face the special guest.

 

"Once again, you haven't disappointed your readers with yet another bestseller, Through Her Eyes. Congratulations." The emcee got the show started.

 

"Thank you." He humbly bowed once again, giving a smile which made the emcee's heart skip a beat. He was looking more handsome than ever with a radience that emitted from him. Indeed, he was the perfect guy that any girl would ever dream of.

 

She cleared to calm herself down before proceeding. "In your foreword, you have dedicated this book to Suzy, who you have described to be 'an young, aspiring and budding author'. Also, in your book, you have chosen to take on the persona of a young girl. I believe all your readers would want to know more about this girl."

 

"I met her while I was on a journey to look for inspiration. I was really down at that time, but her bright personality and ambitious dreams had made me want to look at things from her point of view. I realised that things were much simpler, and happier, which drove me on to write this book, which I have titled 'Through Her Eyes'."

 

"Ahh I see. Then do you have any words for her?" She looked at him.

 

After a short ponder, he looked at he camera. "To the girl who has such great potential in writing, do continue to improve. Remember what I told you that morning, and you'll never run dry of stories to write. Hwaiting!"

 

"Wow, seems like we might have a successor of the famous Kim Myungsoo. For now, it has been 120 Seconds With Your Idol. Signing off, Kim Chohee."

 
 
 

ZYCwhWA.jpg

 

 

15 years later...

 

"Recently a new star has risen up in the arena of books. Having topped the best seller charts for the past 2 weeks and possibly the next few, she has proven herself to be a prodigy. Let's welcome Suzy!" A deafening round of applause came from the 1500-strong audience.

 

A well-dressed young lady took confident strides onto the stage and bowed before taking her seat in the chair beside the emcee.

 

"Suzy-sshi, this is only your first book and you have already killed all bestseller charts. Do you have any secrets that have led you to your success?" The emcee prompted.

 

Pausing for a while to ponder, she looked up and replied, "Actually, I'd like to thank my seonsaengnim, Kim Myungsoo-sshi." Whispers and murmurs rippled amongst the audience who were shocked at her revelation. "He was my neighbour for a short month when I was seven years old. I was a fan of his books then and I had pestered him relentlessly to teach me. Even now when I recall those times, I sometimes laugh at my own persistence. Although he said only one sentence, it had driven me to pursue my passion."

 

The audience 'ahhh'-ed at her response on hearing what she said.

 

"Wow, he definitely has foresight to mentor such a great student like you. Would you mind introducing your book, 'Journey' to us?"

 

"Sure. This book, 'Journey', is a collection of all my short stories that I have written since that one valuable lesson that he has taught me and I hope that you would enjoy reading it."

 

Now, just after her first book, Bae Suji  or rather Suzy  had sky-rocketed to popularity with her thought-provoking and heartwrenching stories.

 

Indeed, Myungsoo has taught her well. Stories come from what you don't see. She'll never forget that.

 

 


 

OMGGG WHEE I FINISHED THIS ENTRY! 

 

Hope you readers have enjoyed this as much as I have writing this!

Thanks to all my subbies! /throws hearts

 

Really hope that I'd do well in this contest ><