o1

Origin

 

Blinding flashes of light from the cameras and the incessant questions from the nosy reporters bombarded a handsome young man as he stepped out of the limousine.
 
"What are the secrets behind your best-sellers?"
 
"Is there anyone behind the reason of writing this book?"
 
"Are you confident of winning the award again this year?"
 
"In the foreword of your latest book, you dedicated the book to 'the woman who holds a special place in my heart'. Who is the woman?"
 
His men cleared a path for him, as he chose to give no comment and walk to the building. It was the annual International Book Awards 2012, a prestigious award ceremony that authors would dream attending. To even be invited to the ceremony was already an achievement in itself; receiving an award would be tantamount to being a Writing God.
 
"And, this year's Best Author award goes to... Kim Myungsoo! Congratulations!" The emcee announced and a warm round of applause erupted from the audience. Despite how much every one of those authors wanted to receive the award, they couldn't dispute the fact that Kim Myungsoo well deserved the award. Every book that he wrote, moved the hearts of many, even that of a cold and stone-hearted man.
 
 
He, was one of the most well-known and celebrated authors around the world, receiving media attention wherever he went and constantly followed by the paparazzi.
 
Best selling book in New York for 3 consecutive weeks, bagging a number of prestigious awards, fans who would camp for days outside his door for an autograph; this was just the usual buzz that followed the release of a book. At the young age of 30, Kim Myungsoo had already achieved what most other writers could even imagine ever getting nominated for.
 
Good looks, divine writing skills, charming personality, he was all that a woman would want in a man. To other men, he was their role model, someone they wanted to be.
 
 

 

Rows and rows of towering shelves filled with books were lined up neatly in the huge room as the strong scent of old paper was present, embracing any visitor with an overwhelming, yet comforting sense of nostalgia. A young girl was leaning against one of the shelves, lost in the beautiful whirl of words that filled the thick brown book. 
 
"Bae Suji, if I have to call you one more time, you know what will happen." A voice hollered from the kitchen upstairs.
 
Reluctantly, she put the down, not forgetting to leave a bookmark between the pages. To be frank, she didn't mind skipping dinner to finish the book that was newly bought trilogy by her father before he left. Then again, she didn't want to give her mother a harder time. The recent divorce was already bad enough, and making it any worse wasn't something that she wanted to do. "Coming!" 
 
A young girl in baggy overalls came bouncing down the stairs as she headed for the dining table.
 
 
 
She, on the other hand, was a young girl by the name of Bae Suji, homeschooled on a barn that was rather isolated from civilisation except for the occasional visits of travelers. 
 
Life for her certainly hadn't been a bed of roses. A recent divorce between her parents, the death of her only faithful companion, Cody, and the financial difficulties they met with; but deep in her heart, was a passion, burning ever so brightly, to learn writing.
 
Ever since the first time she picked up his book, she was so truly enchanted by every single word. She had requested for her father to purchase his new book for her every single time he went out to the city. But given the current circumstances, that wouldn't be possible anymore.