Chapter Two

From the Future

Your eyes widened when you peeked behind the bush. A black figure was crouched on the ground over a large stack of books.

When it suddenly moved, you gasped and hit it with the branch.

"Oww! What the , man... I'm pretty sure I asked for help, not for some violence." The figure rubbed its head and slowly stood up.

You stared as the figure turned around, and you came face to face with a boy around your age. His dyed hair reflected the glow from the street lamps, and his eyes were a very dark and captivating shade of brown. You continued to watch as he squinted and suddenly tilted his head, as though he were confused.

"Miyeon? What are you doing here?" he asked, furrowing his brows.

"Uhh, you know me?" You were taken aback by the recognition.

"Obviously," he replied. "But you do look a lot younger, so I'm guessing you're the Miyeon from before we met. What year is it, by the way?"

"What?" You quickly composed yourself. "It's March, 2013. Why?"

"Oh, so I was right. We're supposed to meet each other in our 3rd year literature class. And then our families are going to meet each other a few months after we graduate and the two companies are going to merge. But since it's 2013, my dad's company hasn't made it big yet," he said, nonchalantly.

He turned back to his books and motioned for you to go over to him. "It's okay, you don't need to worry about the future. In the meantime, you should probably help me pick up these books since I'm clearly going to be stuck in the past for a while."

You opened your mouth to speak, but decided against it and walked over to pick up the fallen books.

This guy has got some serious issues. I'll bet he's one of those new special ed students.

Without making any conversation, you finished helping the stranger pick up his books.

Just as you were about to leave, he reached out and grabbed your arm.

"Miyeon. Wait."

You stopped. "What do you need?"

"I probably confused you just now, but I'll explain. Please don't think I'm crazy, alright?"

You nodded slowly as he continued.

"I'm from the future, specifically 2020. I have no idea how I ended up here, and I'm guessing I somehow returned to my past self's body. And I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be messing with the past, so let's just pretend that everything's normal, okay?"

Although you didn't believe his story, he showed no signs of lying.

"So, if you came from the future, tell me who you are," you asked.

"I'm Taehyung. And I'm your future husband."