Chapter One

From the Future
*DIIING* “It is now 7:45PM. All school facilities will be closing in 15 minutes. Thank you.” *DIIING*
You sighed and stood up, turning off the computer. After a slight struggle to stuff your notebooks into your bag, you quickly surveyed the rest of the library as you headed for the door.
Just a few people, as always. Where does the rest of the school go to on Friday nights anyway?
 
You stepped out of the library and shivered as the nighttime air hit your face. With the exception of the street lamps that illuminated the pathways, the rest of the school grounds were dark and empty. The trees slowly swayed with the breeze, and a few snack wrappers tumbled around in the grass.
 
You sat down at one of the benches along the way to the second years' dorm and closed your eyes.
 
"No, Jimin. I want to stay here, thank you very much," you said sarcastically to your brother over Skype.
"You can't. Mom and dad need you to come back. Do you have any idea how much they miss you? And what if one of them suddenly dies and we need to manage the company? Are you just going to stay in America for the rest of your life? Besides, your best friend is moving back here as well. You won't have anyone over there." You watched as he made random gestures to his webcam to emphasize his point.
"I seriously have no idea what to do," you replied, looking down at your unfinished homework assignment. "All I know is that I have to finish this report by tomorrow and that you're not helping me at all."
Jimin sighed. "Fine. How about this -- you come back to Korea for high school. That way, mom and dad can calm down. After that, you can do whatever you want... Oh, and you can also see me everyday. It's a win-win situation, huh? Especially that last part."
You laughed. "Alright. I'll do it. But after I finish high school, I'm coming back here. Now leave me alone unless you want me to fail my class."
 
Your memory was suddenly cut short and your eyes snapped open when a loud buzzing noise came from your bag. You took the phone out and stood up, continuing your walk back to the dorms.
 
JiwonAre you on your way to the party? I think Hyuk and Min are drunk cause they're both dancing and laughing like hyenas!
 
"Oh yeah. That's where everyone went," you thought to yourself. You typed a reply into your phone.
 
Miyeon: No, I'm on my way back to the dorms. You know I never go to those parties.
 
You looked up and noticed that you were already at the front steps of your dorm. Just as you threw your phone back into your bag and reached for your keys, you heard shuffling and a groan coming from the bushes behind you.
 
You turned and looked around nervously. It was impossible to get on the school ground without going through the security at the front and the back gates, but you didn't want to risk it. Your mind flashed back to the story on the newspaper this morning: "High School Student Kidnapped and by School Intruder".
 
You hurriedly broke off a branch from a nearby tree and slowly moved toward the bush.
 
"Who is it?" you called out.
 
Silence.
 
"Tell me who you are or else I'll scream," you warned, your fingers tightening around the sharp branch.
 
"Hey, you. Can I get some help over here?"
 
You froze when you heard a male's voice from behind the bush.