Time to Wage War

Roger Rabbit Prequel: Stomach Tied in Knots

I'm gonna kill him

I'm gonna kill him

I'm gonna kill him

I'm gonna kill him

I'm gonna kill him

I'm gonna kill-

      "Ruby, stop pacing!" Min yelled, "I'm trying to untangle this noodle from your hair!"

       After Jonghyun, walked off, Ruby just sat there, shaking from rage. Then suddenly she stood up, ready to kick his but Key, Onew, and the girls grabbed her and blocked her from anymore staring eyes. They rushed her to the girl's locker room so Min and Fei could wash Jonghyun beef ramen out of Ruby's hair. Onew and Key had to go to the Boy's locker room because they had gym next block too.

      Now Ruby was fuming as murder filled her eyes, but she sat still as Min took the last pieces of food out of her damp hair. 

     "I can't believe he did that." Said Suzy as she sat down Ruby's book bag that she left at the lunch table.

     "Yeah," Min replied, now blow-drying Ruby's hair. " Do you even know Jonghyun Ruby?"

     Ruby shrugged. "Doesn't matter," She replied. "I gotta get his back." Her reply was like a death sentence.  Min, Jia, Fei, and Suzy shared a look. 

     "Kim Jonghyun!?!" Key roared. scaring the hell out of him. They were jogging laps during boy's gym class. Onew and Key finally caught up to him.

     "Why the hell did you do that to Ruby?" He asked, obivisbly pissed. 

     "To get back at her." Jonghyun replied with a smirk.

     "For what?" Key asked.

     "She's wrecked the store yesterday." Onew replied between pants.

     "That's the crazy foreign bitc- anyway," Key shook his head. "If she is as crazy as you think she is, you know you just started a war right? She gonna get your later and I'm just gonna watch." He said with a huff and jogged off. Onew and Jonghyun just looked at each other and shrugged.

     Ruby missed the whole class due to trying to fix her hair. Min apparently knew how to wash and do black hair because she used to do her friends hair back in the states, but it still didn't look the same because using shampoo just made for asian hair just doesn't work the same for all hair. Ruby thanked Min with a hug and walked out of the Girl's locker room with prooffier hair, but ready to go to her next class. A boy non-chalantly leaning near the door stood up when he saw her walk out. 

     "Hey Ruby!" He called making her jump. Hand on her chest to study her heartbeat, she turned to him. 

     "Ugh, I'm been getting way to many surprises lately." She frowned. 

     "I'm so sorry!" He blurted, confidence slowly fading. "Um, could I make it up to you by walking you to class?" 

     "You speak English," Ruby nodded. "Sure."

     Ruby and him started walking to class. The boy kept stealing glances in Ruby's direction.

     "You're name's Onew right?" Ruby asked. The boy smiled warmly. My real name's Jinki but people called me Onew."

     "Jinki's a cuter name." She smiled, making Onew blushed. Then she remember something.

    "Wait, weren't you with that bastard that dumped his tray on me?" Ruby's eyes narrowed like a cat at him. 

    So cute but scary. He thought to himself. "Oh you mean Jonghyun? Um, yeah, sorry about that." Onew rubbed the back of his head nervously. She turned away from him.

     There was an awkward silence as they made their way to class. 

     "...So" Onew started. "What class do you have next ?"  

     "Pre-Calculus." Ruby stated, looking at her shecule. 

     "Wow really? So do I!" Onew said happifully. "The class is right here." Onew held the door open for her and walked into class after her. 

---------

      "How are you so good at math when you're only a sophomore?"  Onew grinned after class was over.

      "Math is one of my best subjects. And are you kidding me?  My old school went over that weeks ago! And that equation that Mr. Park challenge me with I was a easy one!" Laughed Ruby. 

     "You must be a genius! I'll have to call you so I can get help on my homework then right?" He asked hopefully. Please let me have your number. He thought.

    "Hmm..." She thought for moment. "Fine, but don't be texting at all times of the night. A girl needs her bueaty sleep." She shrugged while taking out her cell phone for Onew to put his number in.

    "Onew!" "Ruby!"

    Key and Min ran up to them though the crowd of students. "We have biology together! Yay!" Key laughed while trying to hug her. Or at least tried to, since she pushed him away in mock digust.

    "Hey Onew, what you doing?" Min sing-songed. 

    "Putting my number into Ruby's phone." He said without looking up. "So she can help with my homework, of course." He smiled sheepishly.

    "What!?! No way I met her first!" Key shrieked, mocking hurt. "Gimme that phone." He swiped it from Onew hands and quickly started to type in his number.

   "Me next! Me next!" Min bonced up and down excitely.  Ruby laughed heartily as her new friends jostled over her phone. 

   I just met  them today and I already feel like I've known them for ages. She thought happily. Then heard a camera click

  "Dafuq?"

  "Ooo, that's a good picture. Send." Key said gleefully, phone in hand. Ruby grasped.

  "Omg I'm gonna kill you!" Ruby growled. "I hate having my picture taken without my permisson!"

   Key gulped. "...Um was that the school bell I hear? Time to go?"  He tossed Ruby's phone back to her and fled the scene, Ruby hot on his trail. 

   "We have the same class next idiot!" She yelled. Onew and Min howled with laughter. His smile grew even brighter when he opened up his phone, revealing a sent picture of Ruby smiling.

   "She's so pretty." He sighed happily, staring at the picture dreamily. Min stopped laughing.

   He's never said that before. She thought. Then her eyes widened in surprise. Oh no...

---------

   "You didn't have to hit me so hard Ruby." Key whined, rubbing his arm. "It was just a picture."

   "Well it wouldn't hurt so badly if you weren't a weakling." she retorted. They were allowed to sit next to each other in biology, thankfully. 

   "Hey hyung!" A male voice greeted Key, unfamilar to Ruby.

   "Why do people keep calling you that?" She asked.

  "Oh hyung means big brother in Korean. It's like senpai or -chan in Japanese." Key informed.

  "Oh, cool." Ruby nodded. A tall, handsome boy with big eyes ran up to them.  

  "Yah, Key," He said "I thought we were going to be lab partners today?"

  "Oh was that today?" Key  shrugged. "I forgot. I want to help my new friend today." He gestured to Ruby. Ruby waved.

   "This is Ruby D'Amors. Ruby, this frog-looking boy is Choi Minho." Ruby giggled at Key's remark which Minho was seemingly oblivous to. "He doesn't understand a of English so he has no idea what I'm saying right now." Key winked. 

   "Hey, nice to meet you Minho." Ruby said in Korean, glad that someone was giving her a chance to practice it.  She bowed in his direction. Minho smiled and bowed back. He sat in a seat near them. 

   "Good Afternoon Class." The sciene teacher. Mrs. Lee said happily. "Do you remember what week this is?" She paused for effect. "DISSECTION WEEK!" She sanged.

   The whole class groaned, excluding Ruby. "Settle down children, and turn to page 143 to read about the frogs we are dissecting, and the importantance of autopsy study."

   Key and Minho groaned at the same time.

   "Dissection is so gross and messed-up." Key shuddered. "What did those poor frogs do to deserve this?"

    Ruby, not looking up from her textbook, shrugged. "Actually I kind of like dissection." She said nonchalently.

    Minho gwaked at her. "You are the first girl I've ever heard say that." He grined. "You're cool."

    "Thanks." She smiled. "Have you ever had to dissect a fetal pig before?"

    "What the hell is a fetal pig?"

    Ruby's jaw dropped. "You don't know? Well, while I was in Japan...."

    Ruby, Key, and Minho spent the whole class perido chatting about fetal pigs, how werid sciene class was, and anything thing esle they could think of. Ruby found out that Key and Minho had a hilarious love-hate relationship, and that Minho is quite the jock. He is captain of the football, high jump team, and the 100 hurdle track team. This didn't surprise Ruby but  did surprise her was his humble attitude about all the awards and honors he got from it. 

    "I'm very competative, I must admit." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "And it doesn't hurt to get sholarships for something you love to do." Minho grinned brightly.

    By the end of class Minho and Ruby had exchange numbers to chat later. It seemed like Ruby was really like being around all of Key friends-

    "Oh ."

    Except one.

    The one that dumped a streaming tray of on her head, in front of everyone in the damn cafeteria. 

    The same ing one that Ruby almost bumped into while she was looking though her phone's contacts, grinning softly. Jonghyun though that she looked so happy that she must had almost forgotten about the ordeal. Ruby looked up from her phone in a suprise look that suddenly became dark.

    Almost.

   "You." She snarled, causing Jonghyun to take a step back. "You , do you know how long it took to get that stuff out of my hair? Do you know that I had to sit out a whole class because I had to get my hair dried and put back to normal? Do you know how hard it is to fashion black hair back on point in such a short time? Do you!?!" She almost shrieked.

   Students on their way to class stopped to watch what was going on between Jonghyun and the black girl. Jonghyun was cringing during her lash out but immediatly held his ground and stared at her with the same intensity.

   "No, I do not." He simply stated. "But do you know how it feels when some random chick just waltz into your workplace and s stuff up for no reason? And just leaves it there for someone else to clean it up for them? Do you know it feels to not clean it up in time before the boss shows up? And then he yells at you about it? Do you!?!"  He yelled, and reflected her anger right back at her. 

   Now it was Ruby turn to cringe. "No, I do not." She replied quietly with a huff.

   They glared at each other for a while, neither one breaking eye contact. Then Jonghyun sighed.

   "Look, you ed up my store and I ed up your hair, we're even, okay?" He didn't notice Ruby's eye twitch. 

   "Yeah...even." She said softly, looking down. Jonghyun was relieved. Students stopped watching and began heading to class. Ruby did to, obivously done with everything. 

   "Hey, wait up!" Jonghyun yelled, catching up with her. "We didn't get to formally introduce ourselves. My name's Kim Jonghyun, and you are...?"

   "Ruby, Ruby D'Amors." She replied, staring straight ahead. They both stopped walking, stopping at the same classroom. Ruby walked in first, to get introduced to the English teacher. Jonghyun sat in his usual seat, relieved to have this bout between him and Ruby over. Now having met her, he realized she wasn't that bad a person, didn't hold a grudge (thank God) She didn't seem that against being friends either. During the rest of class, Ruby was either helpping other students with their English, or talking with the teacher, Mr. Nam.

   Key was wrong, Jonghyun thought to himself. There isn't a war between us. All it's takes is a little bit of talking and reasoning. Jonghyun mentally patted himself on the back. And Ruby defintily isn't a- 

   -. Ruby thought to herself while finishing her classwork. Does he really think that with a little talk this is over? Ha! He is as dumb as he looks. Ruby smirked wickedly. Now how am I going to get back at him...

    Finally, the last bell of the school day rang, and while Ruby and the rest of the class ran out the door, Jonghyun stayed behind. He didn't fully understand the homework, and had to ask the teacher some guestions. After getting that straighten out, he clamly open the door to leave-

    Only to have something dunked on his head.

    "What the ." It was white, gooey and stuck all over his hair, hands and clothes. A now empty bucket clucked next to him, falling from its place on the door.

     Glue. Someone had dumped ing glue on him using the classic water-over-the-door trick. It didn't take him long to find out who.

     Ruby D'Amors was kneeling over in laughter.

    "Omg that worked so well!" She chuckled. "You should see the look on your face!"

   "Why the hell-" Jonghyun started. Ruby cut him off with a "talk to the hand" gesture.

  "Did you really think you could mess up my hair on my first day at my new school and get away with it?" She growled. "This is WAR, and don't think I won't come back after you if you pull some silly buisness on me." Ruby smirked, hands on her hips, cocked to the side. 

   Jonghyun was shaking with rage. "You-YOU-"

   "Nah ah ah" Ruby wiggled a finger infront of his face. "I would be running if I were you. I heard that dried glue is really hard to get out of hair." 

   Jonghyun looked at the glue that was already drying on his shoulders. His eyes widen and he started to run away. But he turned around to face her one last time. 

    "This isn't over!" Jonghyun pointed at her. "I'll get you back!" 

   "Come at me, bee-yotch!" She shouted back in English.

   Jonghyun ran out the school gates, past a shiny black BMW. 

    Later, Ruby skipped happily out the door to leave with her father. 

    "Good afternoon Ruby," Her dad smiled at her. "Did you have a good first day of school?" 

   "I sure did, Dad, I'll tell you all about it at dinner tonight." She smiled.

-------

   "Damn, she got you good!" Key laughed. Jonghyun flipped him off and contiuned to wash out the dried glue. 

   "Shut the up Key." He snapped at him. Why the hell is he at my house?

   "Well, I'm here because you said you needed to use my amazing shampoo, and I bought it here because I thought you were finally taking care of your hair, because Lord, have you seen it lately? So when looking like that I-"

   "OMFG SHUT UP KEY!" Jonghyun shouted at him. Key give him a glare but stopped talking. He decided to just chuckle quietly under his breath instead. Jonghyun sighed and contiuned rising out his hair. 

   "I going to get her back." Jonghyun finally said, drying his hair with a towel. If it's a war she wants, then I'll bring it!" He scrowled. Key rolled his eyes. The War between the Peers, part one.

----------

   Ruby laid upon her bed, laptop on, as she had promise Nana she'll telll her about her first day after dinner. 

   "Aww, your school uniform is so cute!" Nana squealed. "It goes perfectly with your black and red wardore, Harley." She joked.

   "What did I tell you about calling me that?" Ruby stuck her tongue out at her. Nana giggled.

   "Well, how are your classes, did you make any new friends, and did you see anyone you see anyone you thought was cute?" Nana wiggled her eyebrows at the last part.

    "Geez, you sound like my mom. Ruby rolled her eyes at her. "Well the classes are easy, it's gonna be a stitch Acing them, and I actually made alot of friends!" Nana smiled at her. 

    "My first friend is actually this boy who lives next door named Key and he showed me around school. Then I met this really cool chick in art class named Min and she's really funny and hyper." She smiled. "She acutally reminded me alot of you."

    "Pff, whatever," Nana scoffed. "Noone can be this kawaii-awesome." She boasted, making a her hands form a heart. Ruby laughed. 

    "Yeah Yeah, So anyway I met them and they introduced me to all their friends. They seem pretty cool, all except..." Ruby trailed off. 

    "All, except?" Nana asked. 

    Ruby sighed. "Remember that boy I told you about? The one who's store I messed up?" 

    She nodded, a smile creeping up on her face. 

     "Well he goes to my school and is friends with Key. He is-"

     "Omg I knew you were going to see him again!" Nana squealed, cutting her off. "Is he cute is he hawt is y-"

    "ing No!" Ruby yelled, stopping Nana in her boy-induced tracks. "He ing dumped his tray on me in front of everyone in the cafetria!" 

    "Well damn," Nana said. "Did you see him again after that?" 

    Ruby recounted the exchange her and Jonghyun had between class, to the bucket of glue prank she pulled on him afterschool.

    "Ruby, you're not gonna get into a childish prank war with Jonghyun are you?" Nana questioned. "Remember the last time that happened and then that boy-"

   "No No No, this time it's different." Ruby assured her. "It isn't some childish prank war, it's a 'friendly' competition. Which I'll surely win." Ruby smiled, while Nana shook her head in disbelif and doubt.

   "Well anways," Ruby moved on, "How was your day, Nana-san?" 

  "Oh it was great!" Nana beamed. "Remember that Daichi kid I'm been crushing on?"

  "Yeah..."

  "Well, today in English class, he.."

  And the two friends kept chatting into the night, as another day drew to a close.

 

   _____________________________________________________________________________

I'm leaving for College this Friday. Hopefully I have time to write during Welcome Week...

New Subbies!!! Thanks so much for reading my story and don't forget to leaves comments! 

Gawd why is so finnnneeeee