Happy First Day

Roger Rabbit Prequel: Stomach Tied in Knots

    Ruby twirled to the center of the stage on pointe. Bowing low and full of grace, she began her solo. Every leap, bend, and spin seem perfect but Ruby knew she was missing something. A pair of strong hands held on to her waist and lifted her into the air. Ah, a partner was what she was missing Ruby thought as she felt she was flying with this one simple move. As he put her down Ruby went to look in her partner's eyes and-

   ~Don't be so nice to me like that

  as I won't know how to react 

    with these heap-up words,

 I can hardly see your smile~~

   "in' Clock!" Ruby growled and slapped her alarm clock off her nightstand, which effectivly stopped its "singing". 

Ruby stretched and got out of bed to get ready for school, the dream still lingering in her mind. Weird Ruby thought. Being as good as she is, Ruby never needed a dance partner, she just got assigned them. And she never felt like she was "flying" whenever she was with them either.

 "Whatever." Ruby said to herself while showering. Afterwards she looked at her school uniform.

"Cute" Ruby said with a smile. It fitted her better than her old sailor suit, and it worked well with her black and red striped kneesocks and black combat booties.

"Good Morning!" Ruby yelled while running down the stairs.

"Morning" Her parents said in unison. Her mother was in the kitchen cooking while her father was tying up his uniform boots.

"Hey, take out all the star-studded piercings and put in your ones." Her mother complained. "We don't need you getting into trouble on the first day."

"We're worrying about her getting in trouble on the first day and yet you talk about her appearance?" Her father laughed at his wife. He then turned to Ruby.

"No fighting" He warned her in a deathly tone.

"Yea I won't Daddy." She kissed them both on the cheek and went upstairs to changed her priecings into silver-studded ones. 

"Here's your lunch," Her mother said."Remember your locker number, homeroom and you know what to say to the class when they introdunce you its Kasa-

Mrs. D'Amors first day instructions were interrupted by three sharp knocks on their door. Thank God thought Ruby.

"Oh, there he is." Mrs. D'Amors kissed her husband and daughter's cheeks as she handed Ruby her bento box for lunch. "Have a Good Day!!!"

~~~

After Key knocked on the door he looked at his watch to check the time. When he and his mom saw they had new neighbors they knew they just had to meet them. Seeing that they were black, their daughter was going to need to be shown the ropes. As far he knew (and he knows alot persay) she was the first black kid he has ever seen at his school.

The door opened suddenly and popped Key out of his thoughts.

"Annyeonghaseyo" A deep but warm voice boomed from behind Key, making him shudder. He turned around to see the really tall light-skinned Mr. D'Amor and a heavily prieced but pretty black chick that was already glaring at him.

Or was that her natural expression?

Key put on his nicest smile. "Hey you must be Ruby." He said in confidently correct English and extended his hand to both. Her dad shook it while Ruby bowed.

"Cheom boepgesseumnida [Nice to meet you]" She said in a really unwelcoming tone. "What's your name?"

"Kim Kibum, but  please, call me Key." 

"Sure..." Ruby replied reluctanly.

Mr. D'Amors insisted that he drive them to school. It was kinda awkard.

"So..." Key started "Where did you live before here?" 

"Japan"

"Oh cool," Key said smiling. "I bet that was fun." 

"It was." 

...

She is either still missing her friends in Japan or an ice princess.  Key though to himself. He turned to look at Ruby, who sat next to him in the backseat looking out the window. 

"I'll glady show you around the school if you want." He smiled brightly. Ruby turned to him with unreadable expression. 

"Ruby would be quite thankful if you did so." Her father answered for her. She gave him a "wtf" inside the review mirror. He gave her a "be nice" look back. Ruby turned back to the window and sighed.

"Have a good day at school." Mr. D'Amors called to Key and Ruby when he dropped them off at the school's entrance. "And Ruby,"

"What!?!"

"Please shine." 

Mr. D'amors droved off before Ruby could respond, leaving her frozen by her classmate. 

"Hey Ruby..." Key waited for her.

She turned to him with a warm smile, shocking him.

"So," She smiled brightly, "Can you show me where Mrs. Kwon's room is?" Ruby latched her arm onto Key as they walked and talked on the way to class, swaying though the group of staring students.

--------

"Have you seen the new girl?"

"Yeah!" 

"She's a hot black foreigner!" 

"Yeah right, her hair probably isn't real!"

"She came here in a black Volkswagon!"

"She's already friends with Kim Kibum!"

"She's probably mean did you see her priecings?" 

"I bet she dosen't know any Korean."

"She looks like an Africa Princess!"

"Do you think he likes chicken?"

Everyone in the class stopped chatting and gave Onew a WTF look. Except for his best friend, Jonghyun, who faceplamed himself.

"Goodmorning Class." The teacher, Mrs. Kwon walked in, while everyone got in their seats.

"So we have a new student today, so please make her feel welcome at Seoul North High." She smiled brightly and turned toward the door. "You may come in now." 

In walked a girl with chocolate and golden curls. Jonghyun wanted to scream when she turned to face the class. Pushing her hair out of her face she looked at the class confidently though black-rimmed glasses. 

"Annyeonghoseyo, Ruby D'Amors imnida." She said her Korean perfectly and gave a bow. "Nice to meet you all and please treat me well." She smiled. 

What the ! Jonghyun thought to himself. It's that damn girl from yesterday! Jonghyun's phone vibrated in his pocket. He opened to see who texted him.

From: Onew

That girl is BEAUTIFUL! :D 

Jonghyun looked up from his phone to give Onew a "Are you kidding me?" look from his desk two rows across from him. Onew just winked at him. 

"Ruby, you can sit next to Ms. Choi right here." The teacher said. Ruby went to her seat which was two rows infront of Jonghyun. 

From: Jonghyun

Are you kidding me!?! That's the chick that wrecked our store yesterday!

From: Onew  

Oh really? But you said she was ugly!

From: Jonghyun

She is! Well, I didn't see much of her face. All I saw was hair and glasses and legs...

Mrs. Kwon tapped on the chalkboard hard, starting class for the day. Jonghyun sent his text and put his phone away quickly. He stole a glance at Onew, who was grazing dreamily in Ruby's direction. He rolled his eyes and looked in Ruby's direction. She had her  head proped on her desk with her arm and her graze straight at the teacher, listening to the lecture.

Jonghyun glared in her direction then smirked to himself. Ruby, he thought, now I have a chance to get back at her...

---------

"Ugh!" Ruby stretched her arms while walking to her next class with Key. "Taking classes are boring when you already learned the lesson in another language." 

"Well then, you can help me with my homework if you're bored." Key nughed her playfully. "Did you see anyone you can possibly be friends with?" 

"Not really," Ruby shrugged "My deskmate, Sooyoung I think her name is, and about 5 of her friends freaking bombarded me with those new kid questions like "Where are you from?" "When is your birthday?" "Is your hair real?" "Is your prieceings real?" "Can I touch it/them?" and "Where did you learn Korean?" She recalled mimicking their excited voices. "Of course I told them they were real but I would punched them if they had touched them." Ruby shivered. 

Key laughed at her. Well, I'm glad you're having a good first day. Here's your next class. See you at lunch girl!" Key walked off.

Ruby waved goodbye and stared at the beautiful paintings and drawings on the wall of her Art Class. A man wearing a messy art apron walked up to her. 

"Well hello you must be the student, Ruby" He smiled. She nodded. "Well I'm Mr. Wu and we are working on  Abstarct paintings this week, so just choose one of the empty canvases and just go at it." 

"Okay" She'smiled. He's super chill.

Ruby went straight to canvas near a window and thought about what to paint.  She decide to do a ballet painting and picked up a pencil and drew a rough sketch. She drew the skeleton of a ballerina at the last position of Pirouette en Pointe and then picked up a brush with red paint on it.

"You like dancing?" Said a female voice behind Ruby, causing her to jump and accidently swipe the brush across her canvas. She turned to face the person, anger and surprised evident on her face. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Said a shorter girl with a light brown hair and doe-like eyes. She had a painicked and sadden look on her face, causing Ruby's anger to fade instantly. 

"It's okay girl," She shrugged "It was an accident." The girl let out the breath she was holding. "But you're painting though..." They both turned to look at it.

The red paint was swiped in a arch right above the ballerina's outstretched arms. Ruby analayzed it for a sec. 

"I like it." Ruby said "It gives it a nice effect." 

"Really?" The girl's eyes lit up. "That's great!" She extented her hand. "The name's Lee Min Young, everyone calls me Min." She smiled. 

Ruby took Min's Hand. "Ruby D'Amor, Your English is really good."

"Thanks" Min beamed. "I used to live in the U.S., so it helped to learn their lauguage." 

"True, True"  Ruby replied back. "How long did you live in the U.S.?"

"Five Years, my dad got transfered there on business. I got there when I when I was seven and came back to Korea when I was twelve." Min swifted her weight from foot to foot. "How long have you been in Korea?"

"Three days" Ruby mumbled.

"Really? Your Korean is really good!"

"Thank you!" Ruby smiled and took a look at Min's painting beside her. "Um, what is your painting about?" Ruby started at the unfinished painting closely. It depicted a well-off looking modern women walking past four scenes. The first one had a man giving a teenage girl his credit card in a clothing store.

"Oh, This is a painting symbolizing an independent woman." Min said proudly. "She doesn't need her daddy's money to get what she needs. She dosen't have to flirt at clubs to get a rich man to pay her bills. She's strong and represents all the independant ladies. It's good right?" She beamed.

"Girl that's amazing! I can't wait to see the whole thing!" Ruby complimented.

The bell rung singaling the end of class. Ruby followed Min to where she could put away their paintings and head to lunch.

"You're totally sitting at my table." Min linked her arm with Ruby's and lead her to the cafetria. She lead her to a circluar table near the middle of the caf. Two girls already sat there, one reading a book with glasses while eating and the other sleeping, her straight black hair fanning over the table. Min slapped her hand on the table hard, waking  the sleeping girl and shocking the book reading girl's glasses off.

"Huh? What? Where?" The awaken girl looked around startled. The other one just looked at her with a pokerface.

"Yah!" Min said excitely "We have a new friend here."This is Ruby, she came here from Japan." 

"Hi" Ruby smiled and sat down across from them. "It's nice to meet you." 

The sleepy girl stared at Ruby with a slightly dazed expression. "If you're from Japan, why are you black?" Sleepy girl got smacked in the back of the head by the reader girl, while Ruby burst out laughing.

"Yah, Suzy! That's a rude question to ask!"  Reader Girl scolded. "She's probably miltary so she moves around alot." She turned to Ruby. "Hello, I'm Wang Fei Fei but you can call me Fei." She smiled. Suzy rubbed the back of her head and turned to Ruby too. 

"I'm Bae Suzy, nice to meet you." Suzy smiled sheepishly. "Sorry for that." 

Ruby laughed. "Nice to meet both of you." She repeated and took out her bento box for lunch. 

"Wow cool a bento box." A familiar voice awed as two people slid on either side of Ruby and slammed into her.

"Ohmigawd dafuq!" Ruby looked to see Key and a Pink-Haired girl mischeivously smiling at her. 

"I'm mad you stole my new gal pal Min." Key said playfully. Min stuck her tounge at him.

"Ruby," Key pouted. "You suppose to with mmmeeee." He whined. Ruby giggled at his silliness. 

"No way" The Pink-Haired Girl slapped his arm playfully. "Your table's full of all boys, and no girl wants to sit with those weridos." She gestured to a table of the right side of the right side of the cafeteria. There were four boys sitting there, on of whom looked frightening familiar. Ruby turned away quickly. 

"Yeah, thanks but no thanks." Ruby replied. "I enjoy sitting here." Min, Fei, Suzy, and the Pink- Hair Chick stuck out their tounges at him in victory. Key rolled his eyes.

Oh my fricken gawd. Jonghyun thought to himself as his locked on Min's table, wishing that his eyes could burn Ruby's head off. 

"Hyung, what are you looking at?" Said a boy drinking banana milk next to him. Onew looked up from his chicken sandwich to the direction he was staring at. Jonghyun broke out his trance.

"Oh nothing." Jonghyun smiled reassurely. "I'm just gonna sit with Key and his friends today." He picked up his lunch tray and left the table. 

"Can I come too?" Onew left his chicken at the table and joined him. 

Taemin looked at the discareded chicken sandwich left on the table and then looked at a equally wide-eye Minho. 

"Did he just-"

"Yeah."

They stared at each other in shock.

"What the heck" They said together.

---------

Ruby was just munching on her sandwich happily while Min and Key agured about taking each other's makeup. 

"Girl, what did I tell you about using my eyeliner?" Key growled.

"Boy you didn't tell me diddly." Min snapped back at him while she applied on HIS eyeliner with her compatch. He glared at her with his cat eyes while Suzy, Fei, and Jia, the Pink-hair Chick laughed at their silliness. 

Fei looked at Ruby. "What are you eating?"  

"Shrimp Po-Boy." She replied between bites.

"What?" The whole table asked. Ruby looked up.

"Fried Shrimp, Lettece, Mayoniese, Tomatos, and Mustard on French Bread."

"Oh..." They all replied when two boys walked up.

"Oh, hey Onew." Min said sweetly, tucking her hair behind her ear.  Before he could reply Jonghyun steped up, tray in hand.

"Hey Key," Jonghyun smiled mischeivously. "Who's your friend?" He turned to Ruby.

"Hi Jonghyun," Key said, "This is-"

Before Key could finish his sentence Jonghyun dumped his tray of noodles, veggies and beef on Ruby's Hair. The whole group frozed, saved for Ruby, who looked at him in a boiling rage.

"Happy First Day." Jonghyun walked off.

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 ~whispers~ Shinee's back

just kidding

OMG IM BACK!!! I'm so so sorry I haven't been updating like I should, (bad author-nim >.<) senior year of high school drove me off course, and getting ready for college even more so. But I have not given up on this story! I began with the end in mind and I shall do so, but more slowly than I thought. Bear with me, my lovely readers, and will try not to disappoint. 

Love Ya

♥ Amor