Smoky Girl

y Beat! [An MBLAQ One Shot Collection]

1. Smoky Girl

My story behind: Track 2. Smoky Girl

Characters: Lee Joon, SunMi

Plot: One late night, Joon decides to go the club, where he interacts with a mysteriously beautiful girl who captures his attention.

A/N: I recommend listening to the song (with subs for non-Korean speakers) then reading the oneshot. They go hand in hand. Also, go ahead & listen while you read. Enjoy! : ) 


 

                “Pull yourself together SunMi. Look, you’re pretty hot. You need to get out there and mingle. You’ll have a new guy in your arms in no time ,” SunMi tried to convince herself as she started at her melancholy reflection in the bathroom mirror.

                “Tonight’s going to be my night. I’ll let it all out. I don’t need him!” she declared, with newly found confidence as she reached for the tube of lipstick labeled y Rouge. She coated her small, pouty lips with layers of the red substance, attempting to mask her usually innocent, lips with the alluring red.

                Then, she wrestled her hand inside her make-up bag until she felt her mini eye shadow palette.  She pulled it out. Smoky Black, it read. She put on one layer of the smoky black shadow. Then another layer; then another! One more layer and she might have resembled a raccoon. She then applied mascara and even some shimmer. She now stared at her reflection. This was something different. This was something new. A new image, a new look for her, and a new, empowering aura. She hoped it could help her leave her past behind.

                At last, she wrapped her most expensive watch around her wrist. It was 11:00 pm, which meant time to go. SunMi adjusted her tightly-fitted black dress, looked at the mirror one more time, and then left the bathroom.

“Goodbye,” she called out to her stuffed animals in the lifeless condo. She closed her door and locked it, leaving her home for the first time in over two weeks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Lee Joon turned his wrist to look at his overly expensive Rolex watch. It read 1:59 am in the morning. He signaled for a valet to come park his luxurious sports car in a private garage. He walked into the club with a distinct charisma that only Joon has. Heads turned and eyes scanned over him. His dark hair, dark suit, dark eyes, and his seductive aura: it caught everyone’s attention.

                However, Joon’s eyes were instantly focused on this one girl. She was sitting at the bar on the other side of the room. Miraculously, his eyes pinpointed her through the jungle of people drinking and dancing all over the room. Her eyes were fixed on her half full glass of coca cola. As Joon looked at her and admired her slim figure, he caught a glimpse of what looked like an expensive black watch on her thin, pale wrist.  His eyes quickly traveled up to her hair which was flowing down her back. The lights above the bar counter added to its rich, black color. It glistened and glowed.

                As he moved his focus upward, he got a glimpse of her eyes. Everything about her shouted y, stylish, and graceful except for her eyes. They had a sad, murky tint to them, appearing like a cloudy pool of water.

                He was curious about this girl. He could see that other men were constantly trying to approach her. If not, they were admiring her beauty from afar, with their eyes fixed on her just like him. She looked uninterested in all of them, playing with the straw in her now empty glass.

                But as she noticed Joon walking towards her, she lifted her head up. When he came closer, he saw that she was alluring from head to toe, decked in black except for the bold, red lipstick which enticed him. He was now standing next to her. She looked up, her sad eyes met his fierce ones but she smiled.

“Care for another glass?” he asked.

“Why don’t you six next to me instead,” she replied seductively.

“This girl-wow!” he thought.

“Actually, get me something strong,” she instantly refuted her previous statement as he was about to sit down.

                Joon ordered two drinks and handed it to her. Then he sat down. As soon as the glass touched her hand, she gulped down the entire thing.

“More, more!” she hissed.

                He ordered more drinks. As she gulped them down one by one, she scrunched her face and her eyes grew even more cloudy and moist.

“Open up to me, babe. What’s wrong?” Joon asked with genuine concern, ironic seeing that he had ordered those drinks for her. Not even caring that a stranger had called her babe, she replied to his question.

“Don’t worry about it. Just don’t treat me like he did,” she boldly hinted as she pulled him in for a rough kiss.  Before he could react to her spontaneous action, she held his hand and pulled him onto the dance floor. A once sad, helpless kitty turned into a seductive, bold tiger, she pranced upon him. Joon was alarmed but excited. They danced scandalously, hands all over and lips occasionally reuniting for lustful kisses. She felt good, and he felt good so nothing else mattered. This was just a one night adventure with a stranger she hoped she’d never see again.

The smoky girl whispered into Joon’s ear. “One more drink,” she said as she pulled away from his touch. He frowned at the sudden loss of physical contact.

“Alright, be right back,” he said and he winked as he walked away.

This was her cue. The girl checked her watch. 3:00 am, which meant time to go.

Few minutes later, Joon returned to the dance floor with the drink in his hand.  “Hasn’t she had enough to drink?” he thought as he scanned the room for her.  He searched for her for five more minutes but he grew impatient and proceeded onto gulping down the drink himself. 

“I knew there was something off about her,” he mumbled to himself. “Why’d she just disappear like smoke & erase herself? She didn’t even tell me here name,” He thought as he picked up his phone to call the valet.

                SunMi had hoped to move on from her past. The night out at the club helped her do just that. She toyed around with that hot guy and in a way, it made her feel confident. She broke her shackles of innocence and helplessness tonight and transformed into a new kind of woman- a seductress. “Mission complete!” she whispered to herself as she stepped out of the club. The gloomy cloud in her eyes had evaporated and a fierce fiery demeanor had taken over, matching her new, smoky image.