I Yah

The Secret to the Sea

 

It was a beautiful sunny day, the sky was clear and and the birds were singing. That was the view of what Jihyun saw outside of the window as she sat inside her classroom. It was the last day of school and whatever the teacher was saying was going in one ear and out the other. Jihyun had far more exciting things on her mind such as the cruise ship she was going on tomorrow. Going to a boarding school was tough, like living away from her parents but they certainly made up for it this time. Normally she would've caught an express train home but they had brought a cruise ship ticket for her to get home as a late birthday present. 

Since she attends a boarding school, she shares a dorm with her best friend Sojin. Staring across beside her sat Sojin, her eyes fixated on her phone screen that she played with under the desk. On the screen was several boys lined in a neat row, more of them as her finger scrolled down the screen. Jihyun rolled her eyes before chuckling to herself, Sojin was a major fan girl and it drove her insane. They are completely different but opposites attract, which was what made them such good friends. The probably only thing they had in common was their matching school backpacks.

Sojin was a very forgetful person, whenever it came to assignments she was the worst to work with however her sense of humour always made up for that. As if the thought passed her head at the perfect timing, a loud sound erupted in the silent class...

"Nae I yah dalkomhan gotongi millyeowa, -"

The teacher immediately whipped his head and slammed his ruler on the desk. "Yah whose phone is that? I thought I said no phones allowed in class!" he shouted. His eyes scanning across the room, as we all looked around in confusion finding the culprit. Sojin panicked as she the vibration sounds were loud, her fingers wildly pressing her phone screen.

"- I yah beoseonal su eobseo"

Sojin had clumsily forgotten to put her phone on silent once again and unfortunately for her, "Yah Lee Sojin! You know the rules about mobile phones.... hand it over. Come see me tomorrow morning." Mr Yoo scolded. The whole class was staring as she grumpily handed it over defeated. Everyone chuckled and shook my head silently, typical Sojin, the class always thought she'd get caught one day constantly fangirling over BOYFRIEND. 

The last school bell for the semester had rang and it was officially holidays. Everyone ran out of the classroom doors rejoicing, papers flying everywhere as cheers rang out. Jihyun immediately went to her upstairs to the dorms, and placed her books neatly into her backpack, chuckling to herself. 

"Yah Lee Sojin. How could you manage to get caught like that huh? You need more patience! Only a few more mintues than you can fangirl all over the internet all summer!" Jihyun exclaimed. Sojin groaned as she joined her in their shared dorm, slumping on the ground and began quickly packing her suitcase, getting ready for tomorrow morning. 

"Urgh. Damn that Mr Yoo.. now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to get it back." she sighed as she sat on her suitcase, trying to zip it shut from the flooding clothes inside. 

"Hey! You're lucky his giving it back to you at all! He could've threaten to keep it all summer." Jihyun exclaimed before raising her eyebrows, as Sojin threw a pillow to her face. 

"YAH! Don't say stuff like that it makes me nervous! How am i going to survive the night without my phone! I was meant to receive BOYFRIEND's Star Call tonight aswell.... Aiyah..." Sojin sulked, flailing about like a fish out of water. 

"You really are the biggest fangirl. It's just one night besides I never understood why you are so obsessed with them." Jihyun rolled her eyes and neatly folded her clothes. Placing it all into her suitcase and zipping it up neatly. She began to tune out of Sojin's fangirling, her eyes gazing upon the empty dorm room. She was going to miss it here but was glad to go back home. Looking up at the lonely pinboard, one side was filled with Sojin's pictures of six boys holding a kid who was a boy and girl.... the other side was just empty with two Cruise Ship tickets. She unpinned them both, placing hers in her wallet and handed the other to Sojin.

"Yah isn't it funny how we are both going home by by ship.. but we are going on different ones.. our parents should've organised it better." Jihyun said as she watched Sojin pack her bag with cups of instant ramen and pepero. Both girls lived in Busan, which would've taken them hours and hours to get home by train but luckily a ship would be faster. Both their ships leave at 9am sharp however one was Sojin's was an international tourist cruise ship and Jihyun's was a simple national one. Sojin nervously fidgeted with her fingers and nodded, "Yeah, we could've been together but I guess our parents stuffed that one up. Maybe next time when we come up right?" she eyesmiled. 

They finished packing their suitcases and backpacks. Well more like Jihyun had to nag Sojin to pack it to be organised for the next morning as they leave. The girls both settled into bed for the last time at their Boarding School that summer. 


Sojin woke up at 7am and immediately got out of bed. She couldn't sleep all the night because she was so nervous about this morning. It was the morning where she was going to meet BOYFRIEND. All six gorgeous handsome members, Jeongmin, Minwoo, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Hyunseong and Donghyun. She had been a BESTFRIEND right from the beginning, the thought of calling herself a GIRLFRIEND just made her heart flail too much. She had waiting and planning for this day for months. 

Kissing the photo of BOYFRIEND playing with Ilayda and Jungmin from Hello Baby on her pinboard she felt her heart flutter. In the middle of the night she couldn't sleep so changed into her ILOVEBOYFRIEND jumper and jeans so that she'd be organised this morning. 

"So exciting..." she mumbled to herself as she looked at Jihyun sleeping on the top bunk. She had never seen her sleep before, mainly because Sojin was always the one to sleep in and get screamed at to wake up. She felt slightly guilty that she had lied to Jihyun but it was the only way to keep her from minding her own business. 

The truth was Sojin found out weeks ago that BOYFRIEND's schedule so happens to coincide with today and that they were travelling by an International Tourist Cruise Ship to Japan and back to Korea. It was her one chance to ever be able to be with them. Even if security wanted to kick her off, they couldn't, all patrons would be stuck on the ship and there isn't any place to physically escape except for the water. It was a fool proof plan which needed major planning. A fellow fan rang her yesterday in class to confirm the details as there were going to be a group of them. Sojin had to pay for the ticket by herself which was quite expensive but she didn't eat, go out or buy anything for the sake of seeing her favourite handsome boys. She lied to her parents saying that she was staying at school for summer camp. 

Pulling her suitcase out the door and wearing her backpack, she remember.. "Aish, my phone.." she mumbled. After waiting for what seemed forever, she  got her phone back and immediately rang the fancafe leader, agreeing to meet up at the Pier, waiting to board. 

"This is my chance. Live and breathe the same air as the boys. To see them with my own eyes and to hear the sounds of their voice." she nodded, fist pumping to herself as she headed to the pier. 





At the pier sat many small boats, fishing boats and two ships. The International Tourist Cruise Ship and the smaller ship that sailed only within Korea. BOYFRIEND's manager and security got out of their van and grunted after seeing the busy dock filled with girls and a smaller portion of relatively normal looking passengers. 

"Bloody hell..." Mr Kim cursed as she rolled his eyes. He showed little grattitude towards the fans unlike the BOYFRIEND members who watched from inside the tinted windows of the van. Mr Kim had been managing the boys ever since he met Youngmin and Kwangmin when they were little. He wasn't exactly friendly, his managing approach was sort of unique in a sense because he was a gangster in his past life.

"Woah so many fans!" Jeongmin shouted as Minwoo nodded in agreement. The boys were wearing puffy raincoat hooded jackets, mouthmasks and sunglasses to mask their disguise. "Poor things. They must be so cold, why are they even up this early?" Youngmin nodded in agreement. 

Donghyun began to laugh out of shock as he slowly looked at the fans lined up at the pier.. the girls had suitcases with them. "Hang on, what amazes is that our fans always know our schedules but.... they are going to be on the ship with us? All the way to Japan?" he questioned appearing puzzled. He always knew that the fans loved them but to the extent to go to another country? 

"Stupid girls. They don't know when to quit huh? I'm not putting up with this. Last time we had a fan on the same flight, Hyunseong almost got felt up." Mr Kim muttered angrily. Everyone began choking with laughter except Hyunseong. "Yah not funny!" he protested as he playfully pushed the others. 

Mr Kim got out of the car and eyed the crowd up and down with an evil smirk. He took a photo of the group of girls gathered on the pier and sent it off. Punching a number, he made a phone call. 

"It's Manager Kim here. Listen, I need to get some work done and it's not going to get done if I have these brats on my ship. I will pay you a negotiated lump sum only if you manage to ........" he spoke slowly as his eyes began wandering, scanning the pier as he spotted a ship. A much smaller ship, it was only travelling within Korea. 

"...... manage to somehow get those girls from our ship to a different one. I don't care how you do it.. just make sure none of them come unto my ship and you'll be rewarded. " He finished icily as the other line agreed, hanging up right away. 

 

Jihyun rolled over and her eyes peeled open form the bright sunlight. "Mmmm what time is it?" she murmured as she rubbed her eyes open. Sitting up on her bed she looked at her watch. It read 8:45am. 

"CRAP!!!" she exclaimed and scrambled to her feet, flinging on her backpack and pulling her suitcase in a flash. "CRAP! 15 minutes! 15 Minutes!!!" she exclaimed, running as fast as she could in the hope to make her ship. 


A/N: Hope you enjoy and please subscribe :) 

I'm so excited to be writing this fic as I'm a big BOYFRIEND fan! 

Please leave me story comments as this is my first BOYFRIEND story!

I'm still deciding whether to make this fic M or not, what are your thoughts?

Collarbonekisses xox