New Apartment

Not So Perfect...

 

When Myungsoo woke up the next morning the house was empty. She was nowhere to be found.

Where the hell did she go at 7 in the morning...

He really wanted to sleep at least four more hours. But after noticing she wasn't there he couldn't.

And she say's she's my manager? She leaves me here all alone. And I don't even have her number...

Finally, after he zapped trough every channel on the TV, she came back.

“Where the hell were you??” he yelled, sounding way more concerned than he wanted too.

“Huh... Good morning to you too??”

“That doesn't answer me.” she rolled her eyes.

“Will you calm down? You have a free day but I don't. I was working, okay? There were some things that needed to be done.”

“Oh... I see... Okay then. I'm going back to sleep.” he closed the door to his room behind him leaving an upset Jeesun behind.

He must be bipolar or something...

She took the opportunity and slept a bit more, too.

 

After a few hours, L woke up, sensing a good smell in the air. She was cooking again.

“Are you up sleeping beauty?” she mocked him.

“This is much better than the member's cooking”. He mumbled. A litle smirk appeared in Jeesun's face. That was an ACTUAL compliment, but she wasn't going to say anything about it, knowing Myungsoo he would imideatly take it back.

While he ate she took a moment to stare at him. He resembled the boy she once met, the younger Myungsoo. But his face was slimmer now, his lips were more defined and he had developed a strong and hypnotizing gaze.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” he asked.

“Pff, you're really full of yourself.” she tried to hide and quickly look away. “Narcissistic jerk...”

“Looking like I do I'm not being narcissistic, I'm just being truthful!”

“Eishhh. Can you hear yourself?...”

He ignored her and kept eating.

“Soo... what are you going to do today?” she asked, trying to start a conversation that didn't include exchanging insults.

“Why? So you can tag along and pester me all day?” was his response.

“Arghh, you know what, my fault for asking.” she was now really pissed, she went to lock herself in the burrowed room.

L continued eating his lunch, with no hurry, washed the dishes and when he was about to go to his room again:

“I'm just gonna rest for the rest of the day. It's not something you can tag along. But you can stay here... It's not like you have somewhere else to go...” he yelled at her closed door. She picked up a pillow and threw it to the door. “I heard that.” he said with a grin and when to his room.

The floor was quiet. To quiet. Jeesun was used to the mess and noise of having seven guys around. It just seemed unnatural. And, most of all, she was getting really curious about what that guy might be doing.

Trying to avoid that thoughts she went to the living room and turned the TV on.

Great, I'm Infinite's manager, in Infinite's apartment, watching Infinite's performance on TV... the irony...

She mumbled to herself when the comeback performance of the guys appeared on TV. Nop, the TV couldn't show how powerful their performance could be. Live was much better.

She was immersed in studying their moves and amazed with their change of attitude on stage when:

“You really love looking at me.” L surprised her, from the back. He heard Infinite's new music being played and decided to check on it just to find that girl with her nose almost touching the TV.

“OMMO. Yah do you wanna give me a heart attack? Weren't you sleeping?”

“Apparently there's only a certain amount of sleep that a body can tolerate.” he explained, already focused on the screen, and she rolled her eyes. “Tshh, don't watch this. I really screwed up.”

He mumbled and turned the TV off.

“What? You guys were so in Sync and all around perfect that my brain was hurting. Aren't you being a bit too harsh on yourself?” she blurted out only after realizing she had praised him. A big smirk was plastered on his face and he was about to say something but Jeesun was saved by the bell as her phone rang.

“A text message from an unknown number...” she mumbled not even realizing she had said it out loud. L was curious. He became even more curious when a big, stupid, incredibly wide smile appeared on her face. “ I have to go.” she suddenly announced and ran to the room where her bag was, in such a hurry that she even left her phone on the floor.

Nosy L took no time in picking it up and read the message:

“Annyong Jeesun.

Guess who it is? Hint: we have been colliding with each other way more than we should.

Good news, I found an apartment that is so close to Infinite's apartment than to be closer to them you would have to live with them. It's pretty cheap too.

I have the afternoon off. What do you say we go see it together?

Can you meet me at the coffee shop on the corner of Infinite's building?

Kyuhyun”

KYUHYUN? LIKE IN CHOI KYUHYUN? LIKE IN SUPER JUNIOR'S CHOI KYUHYUN? A voice screamed in L's head.

“How the hell does she know him? And now they're going on a date?...” he whispered to himself.

Neh! I'll be there in 5 minutes. Kamsahamnida ^^” he read Jeesun's response to the first message.

“YAHHH! Don't you know it is rude to go through other people's stuff?” she suddenly appeared behind L and fetched her phone from his hands. He looked at her, still with his mouth wide open in surprise. But quickly composed himself.

“Your fault for leaving it laying around MY house.” he blurted and turned the TV back on, trying to look disinterested in what he had just read. But the truth was that he even noticed how she tried to dress something that made her look good, even though her clothes were still all wrinkled.

“I'll be going, then.” she said.

“What? What about the taking care of me thing?” he protested.

“I don't think you need assistance in watching TV or sleeping. But in case you need something...” she found a pen and wrote something right in his hand, despite his protests. “Here is my number. Annyong.”

And like that she exited the apartment, almost floating.

He saved her number on his phone under the name “Annoying old woman” and next he called Sungyeol, sure that the king of drama would know everything:

“YAHHH, what is this about Jeesun and Kyuhyun going on a date??”

 

 

 

Jeesun entered the coffee shop, her heart throbbing like crazy in her chest.

“Jeesun-shi...” she heard someone calling from her side.

When she sat in front of Kyuhyun she couldn't help but laugh.

“What?” he asked. He was wearing some of the biggest sunglasses she had ever seen and a super long scarf wrapped around his neck that almost hide his entire face.

“Kyuhyun-shi, is that supposed to make you blend?” she said still giggling.

“Oh!!” he laughed too. “It's just that it's not easy to go out on the streets being me. NOT that I want to sound conceited. It's just is. “ he confessed.

“I know. Don't worry.”

“So it would be better if you didn't call me by my name either.” he thought out loud.

“What should I call you then?”

“Firstly You have to drop the formalities. Not only now, always...”

“You called me Jeesun-shi, thought!” she pointed.

“I forgot.” he said with a childish grin. “But what should you call me? Oppa?”

Jeesun's cheeks went instantly red, and she choked on her own saliva. Kyuhyun, lost in he's thoughts didn't even realize.

“Or maybe Kyu?”

“That. Let's go with Kyu.” Jeesun agreed, relieved.

“Okay.” he agreed smiling. “This is an improvement, don't you think? Meeting with no ruined shirts or without you almost crashing into a glass door.” he joked, after ordering some drinks. She chuckled too.

“Yes, it is. And the company now is much better than the one I had before!” she confessed remembering the stupid jerk invading her privacy by going trough her phone.

“Really? Did you and your friend fight?”

“Huuhh, something like that.” suddenly she became shy. What would Kyuhyun think if he knew she had slept in Infinite's apartment.

“There's a story behind that hesitation, I'm sure.” he encouraged her to continue. She sighed and said:

“The truth is there is no friend. I've been sleeping in one of Wooliment's waiting rooms until I find a place.” Kyuhyun was shocked, to say the least. “And yesterday L found me and made me sleep in Infinite's apartment.” Kyuhyun hold his breath. “I slept in one of the other member's bed cause they are all abroad for a fan-meeting. L was the only one who stayed cause he's shooting a drama.” Kyuhyun couldn't quite decide if that was better or worse.

“That's... really surprising.” he said and she sighed again.

“But the worst thing is that I can't stand that guy. He really get's on my nerves. How am I supposed to work with someone if I just feel like slapping him all the time?” it was no rhetorical question, she was actually asking. Somehow and for some reason, knowing that Jeesun and L didn't get along made Kyu feel more relaxed.

“When I feel like slapping my hyungs I just spill their secrets on TV.” he confessed with a serious face but after a second both of them burst in laughter.

“Ahahah that happens a lot of times then.” she said, remembering how Kyuhyun was known for being the evil maknae.

“But I guess you're relationship will eventually improve. And even if it doesn't you can just do your work and get along with the others. I'm sure he won't feel hurt. L has so much attention already.”

“Yeah, I guess your right. Right now I just want to find some place for myself and get the hell out of his apartment.”

“Should we get going then?” Kyuhyun asked.

“YESSS!” she agreed happily.

The building was a mere 200 meters away from Infinite's. And she recognized it because she had been there before checking an apartment that was absolutely perfect but totally out of her reach.

She was surprised when Kyu opened the door to the exact same house she had visited before. She followed him around every room, falling more in love with the place. It had two rooms and a open kitchen-living room division. The location was perfect.

“So what do you think?” Kyuhyun finally asked, with a smile.

“It's perfect.” her smile was sad. “But I can't afford it.”

“What are you saying? I checked with the owner and it's under the maximum rent you told me.” he explained. The first time she had been there the price was really high. If it had dropped he most certainly have done something.

“What have you done?” she asked with a serious tone. “I have been here before and the price was too high for me. What did you do to make it drop?”

Kyuhyun looked a bit ashamed for being caught.

“Oh... So you have been here before??” he rubbed the back of his neck. “Okay, don't get angry. I had to take pictures and give autographs to the whole family. But that's nothing right? I made them happy and I was able to help you.”

“Komawo”. She vowed. “ But I can't accept it.”

“What? Why not?”

“You don't even know me that well. You don't have to do this kind of things for me. Besides, if someone founds out this spells SCANDAL.”

“Eii, this girl. You worry to much. I told them it was for a cousin alright? And I might not know you well but your different, and funny and refreshing. I like you.” Jeessun felt her cheeks would catch on fire. “Besides I would do this for anyone. I'm not robbing anyone right? And you're almost homeless for gods sake. Just take it and lets never talk about it again.” he said with a wink and put the key in her hand.

The fact was she was desperate. She really needed some place to stay. She nodded affirmatively and swear to pay him back one day.

“Don't worry about it. Just enjoy it well.” she agreed.

 

 

“So... Are you dating him?” was the way L greeted her when she entered Infinite's apartment to get her things.

“What?”

“Are you dating Choi Kyuhyun?” he repeated.

“Are you nuts??? And do I owe you any explanations for that matter?” she growled back. He rolled his eyes. “I'm going. You have my number right? Just call me if you need something. And... thanks for let me staying here.. or something like that...”

With her bag on her shoulder she run out of the apartment not even giving him time to reply.

Strange, strange girl...