I hate you

Love Triangle

“Did you guys hear?? I heard Kim Ryeowook got himself a new girlfriend!” a girl at the hallway said to her group of friends while side-eyeing Shiyee.

“Ohmaigosh! Is that true?? Didn’t he just dump—“Another girl said, but was interrupted by a loud bang.

“That bastard…” Shiyee thought silently to herself. She walked with big strides to her classroom. She couldn’t believe her ears. How could that bastard do that when they’ve just broken up a few days ago. 

“He said I was too good for him. What bull. Stupid bastard. He still claims that he love me and that we broke up for my own good. Well look at that. He has a new girlfriend now.  Just 1 day after our breakup. I should’ve listened to my friends. He is nothing but a big liar.” She cursed and swear under her breath while walking to her seat. Just then, the usual clique called SJ walked into the class and she heard a familiar voice.

“Ashlee honey! Did you have a good sleep last night? I missed you so much, honey. Come here, give me a kiss.” Ryeowook’s voice echoed and his new girlfriend stood up and ran over to him and gave him a huge hug and kiss.

“Disgusting bastard.” Shiyee muttered.

“Who’s a disgusting bastard?” Shiyee jumped and turned around to see that a guy from SJ was smiling at her.

“Huh? What? N-Nothing. I was just mumbling to myself.”  She stammered. “Boy does he have such a sweet smile,” she thought.  “Cute eyes too. And a really nice voice.”

“Done admiring me now? My name is Sungmin, if you didn’t know.” He smiled shyly and stuck his hand out for a handshake. Shiyee shyly grabbed and shook his hands.

“I’m Shiyee.”

“I know.” He smiled again. Then he muttered something which you couldn’t figure out.

“Sorry? Did you say someth—“

“Everyone please get back to your seats! It’s time for lesson!” Mrs Lee, your first period subject teacher shouted out.

“See you during lunch?” Sungmin smiled and hurried back to his seat. Shiyee was stunned and just simply nodded. During the whole of Math lesson, she couldn’t concentrate.

“Sungmin… That’s a nice name,” she thought. “I wonder why he suddenly came up to me this morning… He seems cute. And really friendly too… I wonder if h—“

“Shiyee! Aren’t you going for lunch??” Shiyee snapped out of her train of thoughts and looked up to see her best friend, Alicia, looking at her.

“Nah. You go ahead. I’m waiting for someone.” Shiyee smiled and said. Alicia nodded and walked off to the canteen.

“Hey, I see you are waiting for me. I’m so sorry that you had to reject your friend for me. I didn’t know you were meeting her for lunch…” Sungmin popped out from behind and said.

“No, it’s fine. Come on, let’s go grab something to eat.” Shiyee stood up and walked off, with Sungmin following behind.

“So…. I heard that you and Rye—“

“I prefer you not to mention that name in front of my face. Thank you.” Shiyee interrupted, not wanting to hear that bastard’s name any more.

“Do you hate him that much?” Sungmin continued to question.

“Can we not talk about this? If you continue I’ll really flare up.”

“Okay, okay. Let’s talk about other things then. Chill.” Sungmin backed off and put his hands around Shiyee’s shoulders.

“Do you know why I asked you out for lunch?” He asked.

“No, not really. Why?” Shiyee was curious about the reason. Could it be…

“I have a crush on you since a long time ago actually… But I never had the courage to tell you and you were dating one of my brothers so I couldn’t really ask you out or anything. But now since you guys have already broken up… I’m here to chase after you and also cherish you and not treat you like how he did.” Shiyee was stunned.

“This is all too sudden,” she thought. “I have someone here confessing to me right after I broke up with him…”

“Woah, woah, woah. Wait up. So now you want to date me? Right after I broke up with your brother?”  Shiyee eyed him. She wondered if there was anything wrong with Sungmin because no one in the right mind would ask a person who has just been dumped out again.

“Apparently yes…” Sungmin said sheepishly.