02; College gathering.

The Battle For Her Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

        Chapter 02. 

 

Kris glanced at the black and white checkered card he held in his hands. The 63th Class College Gathering. It says. Kris flipped open the invitation card hesitatingly. 

Kris Wu, you are invited to the most fabulous gathering ever! 

Venue: Our Usual Place

Time: 6pm

Dress code: Smart casual

(P.S. NO SLIPPERS OR SANDALS PLEASE.)

See you! 

A small smile spread over Kris' face, the card was practically yelling 'Done by Yemin'. Kris was pretty close with her, she's Sumin's closest buddy. Whenever Kris wanted to plan a surprise for her, he would approach Yemin. 

When the both of them bickered with each other and absolutely refused to talk to one another, Yemin will act as the peacemaker between the both of them. 

After the incident, Kris was back in Canada when he received a text message from Yemin. 

"I will try my best to help her recall her past, don't worry. Take care of yourself, alright?" 

Kris jumped a little when the loud ringtone of his phone filled his room. He walked towards his study table, picking up his phone. It was an unknown number but he answered the call anyway. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey, is that you, Kris?" Kris found the voice oddly familiar. 

"Yeah, it's me. May I know who is this?" Kris tried recalling but to no avail. 

"Wow, you don't remember me anymore? You rock, Kris, you rock." The other party said sarcastically. A light bulb went off in Kris' head and the corners of his lips tugged upwards slightly. 

"Jung Yemin?" Kris made a guess but he knew for sure that he was right. 

"Took you long enough, Wu Fan. So how have you been? I supposed that you received the invitation card to the gathering right?" 

"I'm... Fine. Yeah I'm holding onto it right now but I have yet to decide whether I'm going or not." Kris twirled the card around in his hand. 

"Lie." Yemin knew that Kris wasn't fine at all. Kris smirked, she's still the same after all these years. "Oh and, if you are planning to ditch the gathering, you better not! Erm... She... Will be there. I think it's better if you go and take a look at her." Yemin spoke slower towards the end, being extra careful of her words. 

"How is she?" Kris asked despite he was afraid to know that maybe she is doing well without him. Though for him, it's the complete opposite. 

"She is doing, um, well, yeah. Just promise me you will be there later on, alright? I gotta go now, Kris!" 

"No promises, I will see how it goes." 

"Ey, you lil' idiot." Yemin grumbled. "See you later, Kris!" She emphasized before hanging up. *Still the same, hanging up so abruptly.* 

Kris was about to place his phone back onto the table when it started ringing again. Sliding the 'answer' bar, Kris pressed his phone against his ear. 

"Kris! Are you going to the gathering?" He heard Lay's voice along with Luhan shouting at the back. "I suppose so." Kris twisted his lips. 

"Awesome! We will drop by your house at 5.30pm and make our way there together, alright?" Kris could hear Lay trying to get Luhan to zip his mouth up. 

"That's fine with me. Yixing, let that poor deer talk, or else he might go berserk." Kris joked lightly and he was startled by his own words. Surprisingly, he felt happier and little... lighter. 

"Argh, he will live. See you later, Kris!" Kris hummed in response and ended the call. He placed his phone back onto the table and his head jerked towards the door when he heard a knock. 

Moments later, his Mum came walking into his room while he stood by the study table with his hands tugged into his pockets. Kris' heart ached when he saw how listless his Mum was. 

"How are you doing, Kris?" He gazed into his Mum's eyes and he softened. "I'm fine. What about you, Mum? Is he still..." Kris looked at his Mum knowingly. 

"Sometimes." Mrs Wu answered truthf

Please log in to read the full chapter