First.

The Battle For Her Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

           Chapter 01. 

 

 

♦♦♦

Exo-M laid around Kris' living room, all their eyes fixed on him. They were all worried for him, he was different ever since the incident. 

"K-Kris." Xiumin called out softly. Kris' eyes flickered from the floor to his, staring into his eyes blankly. 

Xiumin swallowed, he knew that he isn't near 'okay' at all. Nonetheless, he still asked. 

"Are you okay?" Xiumin studied Kris' expression carefully. Kris just gave him a curt nod and his eyes flickered back to the wooden tiled floor. 

Kris shifted his attention to the ring around his fourth finger, twirling it around his finger. Pain and longing crossed his face, he couldn't stop thinking about her. 

How is she right now? Have she remembered him yet? Did the memories they shared together vanished completely from her mind? Is Kris... nothing but a stranger to her? 

All those unsolved questions made his heart ache even more. But it was Tao that delivered the final blow. 

"Do you think duizhang lost his memory like how sis-in-law did?" Tao nudged Chen who was sitting beside him and asked innocently. Chen immediately elbowed him and stared at him, telling him to zip up. 

Kris eyes were shut tight and his brows were slightly furrowed. His grip around the ring on his finger tightened and Tao finally realised that he said something he shouldn't ever have. 

Kris pushed himself up from the couch, walking into his room and closing the door gently behind him. 

"Now look at what you have done, Tao!" Chen hissed. Tao glanced at Kris' door apologetically. 

"Stop blaming him, Chen. He just wanted to help Kris as much as we want to." Xiumin patted Tao's shoulder, trying to wash away a little of the guilt that was written all over Tao's face. 

"Not to forget, today isn't a good day for Kris. Today marks the second year since the incident happened. So, guys, let's be more careful of our words today, alright?" Xiumin glanced at the 4 of them and they nodded in response. 

They are in Canada right now. After the incident, Sumin's father believed that Kris was the cause of the incident so he forced Kris to leave the country and demanded him to stay away from Sumin. 

Kris had no other choice but to leave and Exo-M, being the loyal friends they are, followed him back to Canada as well. They can't possibly leave him alone when they knew that Kris was undergoing the hardest part of his life, could they? 

For the past 2 years, Kris remained the same as the night that the incident took place - Reserved, quiet, expressionless, emotionless. 

Exo-M is worried sick about him, they tried every single way they could thought of to cheer him up, to make him return back to who he was before. The new Kris scared them, it was exactly how he was before he met Sumin. 

But Sumin changed him completely. After Kris met her, he was all smiles, talkative till the extent where the others will by saying they like the old Kris more. 

They knew that in this entire world, only Sumin have the capability of transforming him into a cheerful guy. 

"I should go talk to him." Tao mumbled and stood up from the couch, walking towards Kris' room timidly. He was afraid that he will hurt Kris with his words again but in Exo-M, Kris is the closest to Tao.

Kris sided him whenever the other members teased and bullied him, he will head out with him for meals and shop together with him. In other words, Kris is like a brother to Tao who is always there for him. 

Tao knocked on the door twice before slowly opening the door. He poked his head into the small gap he opened, peeking into Kris' room. He saw that Kris was standing by the window, with one his hands tucked into his pocket and talking on the phone. 

He stepped into the room and closed the door behind him softly. He sat cross-legged on Kris' bed, eyes glued on Kris' back. 

"Seoul?" Tao heard Kris' voice. 

"Can't you send someone else?" With every sentence Kris spoke, Tao got even more curious. 

"Alright, I got it." Without a 'bye', Kris ended the call. He spun around, not even surprised of seeing Tao sitting on his bed. 

"Duizhang, what's going on?" Tao is used to addressing Kris as 'duizhang

Please log in to read the full chapter