Just Another Day...

Be Careful What You Wish For...

-Xiumin-

"I'm so sorry Xiumin ge." Tao lowered his head down in shame

"It's okay." I sighed, looking down at my stained shirt

-Flashback-

Beep Beep Beep~

My alarm went off at it's normal time. The annoying beeps floating through my ears and pulling up my heavy eyelids. My hand blindly searched for the source, my lips dropping to a frown because it was taking longer than usual to find the alarm. A smile graced my lips when my fingers finally brushed against the loud plastic object. Skillfully my finger pressed the middle button, allowing silence to flow through the room once again.

I let out a quiet yawn and gently lifted the covers off of me. I tried to get out of bed, only to have warm hands pull me back down.

"Xiumin ge, please come back to bed." Tao yawned

Trust me you don't know how bad I wanted to, but if I did, nothing would get around here. Just the thought of dirty dishes, old smelly laundry, sticky floors...it was enough to make my head throb.

"Sorry Tao, maybe tomorrow." I smiled, my hands searching for his head, patting it lightly

 I doubt it.

Tao nodded his head and yawned. I gently pulled away from him and placed my feet on the cold ground. With my eyes barely open I looked at the clock.

6:04 a.m.

Seems like I wasted four minutes. I stood up and slowly stretched, awakening my stiff muscles. I opened my eyes fully, my body protesting. I looked around the dark room and stopped at Tao's unmade bed.

I let out a sigh and took a few steps to his bed. I quickly made his bed, wresting with the sheets, for they would keep pulling off the corners, making me start all over again.

After I was finished fixing Tao's bed the way I wanted, I walked to our shared closet. I grabbed me some clothes and quietly shut it.

I walked to the door and twisted the doorknob. Once I was out in the hallway, I could hear some of the other members soft snoring. When they're all asleep is when the house is most peaceful.

I quietly made my way to the bathroom at the end of the hall. The room closest to the bathroom was Chen's and Lay's room.

I walked into the bathroom and rubbed my hand up and down the wall, trying to find the light switch. After some delay, I found the light switch and the lights. The now bright light making me shut my eyes, I slowly reopening them. I walked further into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I placed my clothes on the toilet seat and turned to the shower.

I pulled the lever and the pipes squeaked a little before the water came screaming out. After adjusting it to the right temperature, I began to get undressed. Once I was down to my briefs, the door opened and a half awake Lay strolled into the bathroom, rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning." Lay yawned

His hair was cutely sticking up in different directions. He wore a white tank top and his boxers. I could see his thin, but muscular arms flex as he stretched. He walked further into the bathroom and gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Good morning." I smiled

Lay returned my smile with a sleepy one. He turned around and walked out the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

He's probably going to go make breakfast.

I took off my briefs and stepped into the shower. The first drop hit my skin.

I'm so glad that we have a two day break, I could take a longer shower, but I should hurry up and help Lay.

The water stream collided into my skin, releasing tension. I closed my eyes, and let the hot steam envelope my body. I grabbed the body wash and the scrubby and gentle scrubbed my skin. As I washed the soap suds off me, the water sending them in little streams down my back. After I was done, I shut the water off and grabbed the towel on the rack.

I dried my self off and then wrapped the towel around my waist, cautiously stepping out of the shower. I dropped the towel on the floor and quickly started to get dressed. I walked to the sink when I was finished and grabbed my toothbrush.

After I was done brushing my teeth, I picked up my clothes and towel. I opened the bathroom door and walked down to the laundry room. I dropped the clothes in the basket and walked out to the kitchen.

Lay was moving all around the kitchen, food on the stove, bowls filled with what I think is pancake batter. I walked to the counter and sat on one of the stools. Lay placed a hot cup of coffee in front of me and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you Lay."

"No problem." He smiled "Do you think you can take over while I take my shower? I'll be really fast."

"Sure." I said

I got up and walked around the counter, to the stove just as Lay walked pass me. I started to flip the pancakes that were already in the pan. Just as I was done with the first batch, arms s around my waist.

"Good morning." I said

He pressed his face into my neck and sighed.

"Good morning." He yawned "mmm...You smell good."

"Thank you Luhan."

I felt something warm and wet slither up my neck. I jumped slightly, fighting off the shivers down my spine.

"You taste even better." He said

"If you keep doing that, I'm going to burn the pancakes." I said

"And?"

"You won't have anything to eat for breakfast."

"I can just eat you." He said, lightly grazing his teeth over my neck

"B-But what about the others?" I asked, my heart beat quickening

Luhan paused his torture and hummed to himself.

"I do hate sharing...Fine." He sighed

He pressed a kiss to my cheek and then I felt him disappear. I let out a breath of relief and went back to making breakfast.

"Is there anymore coffee?" He yawned, I could hear him take a seat on a stool

"Just take mine." I said

"Thanks."

After I was about finished with the pancakes, Lay walked back into the kitchen.

"Thank you so much for taking over. I can finish the rest." Lay said

I nodded to him and allowed him to take over.

"I'm going to take a shower now." Luhan said, getting off the stool

"Okay." I said, grabbing the now empty coffee cup, placing it in the sink

Luhan walked to the bathroom and I walked into the room next to it. I walked to the bed with the sleeping figure still in it. I pulled back the covers to see Chen's sleepy face.

He looked so cute and innocent. A smile curved into my lips. I gently shook his shoulder and he sighed. I shook slightly harder and he rolled over to the other end of the bed.

I let out a sigh and climbed up on the bed. I reached him and poked his cheek. 

"Wake up Chen. Breakfast is almost done." I said gently

His lips turned into a smile, making me raise an eyebrow. He turn over on his back and grabbed my hand, pulling me down on him. He opened his eyes and looked up at me, our faces just inches away from each other.

"But what if I want to stay in bed with you?" He asked, there was still a hint of sleepiness in his voice

"You won't get breakfast if you do." I said, trying my hardest not to fall on him

My hands were on either side of his head, my chest barely touching his, my knees on both sides of his waist.

"Would you still be in bed with me?"

"Nope, I would leave you and go eat."

Something flashed in his eyes and before I knew it, I was under him. I looked up at him, the sweet smile was now replaced with a dangerous smirk.

"What if I keep you here?"

I let out another sigh. It seems like I've been doing that a lot recently.

I close my eyes and tried to analyze my situation. He didn't have my hands or  legs restrained. I could get out of this. It seems like Chen just likes to challenge me, he's been doing it a lot.

I opened my eyes and smiled at Chen. I placed my hands on his chest and placed one of my legs on his waist.

I just need to apply the right amount of force...

I pushed my hips upward and flipped our positions, pressing him deep into the bed.

"Go eat breakfast." I said against his lips and got off of him

I fixed my clothes and walked out the room, but not before hearing him.

"I'll get you next time." he said

I doubt it.

I walked down the hall and into my shared room. I was surprised to see that Tao wasn't in the room. I guess he got up by himself this time.

I walked out my room and into the next. I took a deep breath as I look down at Kris. His hair was scattered all over the place, making his intimidating features cute.

The truth was that there was nothing cute about what was about to happen. Kris likes his sleep, more than the rest of us. It became my job to wake him up after the last incident with Chen and the pillow case.

I shivered, just thinking about how frighten Chen looked when he walked out the room. He for some unknown reason doesn't try to kill me when I wake him up and that's why I was assigned this.

I let out a shaky breath and lowered myself down to my knees. Soft sighs left Kris's lips. It felt almost like a crime to wake him up.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and gently shook him. His hand jumped up and grabbed my wrist firmly. He pulled me closer to his face. My breathing stopped and my heart fluttered, as his eyes slowly opened.

"Xiumin?" He asked in a sleepy tone

"...Yup." I weakly smiled

His grip loosened but he didn't let go. He pressed his lips to my forehead and then let go of my wrist. He sat up, the blanket falling off of him.

My face quickly heated up as my eyes raked over his shirtless chest. It looked so soft and flawless.

"Xiumin?" He called

"Huh?" I said, snapping out of my thoughts

"I was asking if the rest of the members are up?"

"Yup." I said, quickly standing up.

He nodded his head and climbed out of bed. I walked out the room, afraid if I stayed in there I would drool all over the place.

Time for breakfast, lets see how this is going to play out.

_________________________________

After a small pancake eating contest between Chen and Luhan, seat switching, and a pile of dishes, breakfast was over.

"Thank you for breakfast Lay." I was sitting on a stool, my fresh cup of coffee waiting next to me for me to consume it.

"You did most of the work." He said leaning over the counter, handing me some sugar

I smiled and poured some sugar into my coffee. I mixed it in and got up from the stool. Me and Lay were going to watch TV with the rest of the guys.

Just then I heard arguing. 

"Give me the remote." Tao said

"No, it's my turn to pick something to watch." Chen said

"You chose last time." He said

"No I didn't." Chen said

I let out another sigh and started to walk into the living room with my coffee. I guess I have to stop this before it gets out of hand. Just as I walked into the living room, Tao bumped into me, spilling the dark liquid on me.

I hissed in pain as the liquid slowly stung my skin.

Maybe this is a sign, telling me to stop drinking coffee.

Tao looked down at me in shock and quickly grabbed the cup before it dropped.

-End of Flashback-

"I'm so sorry Xiumin ge." Tao lowered his head down in shame

"It's okay." I sighed, looking down at my stained shirt

"I'm really sorry." Tao said, slightly panicked

"It's okay. I was going to do laundry anyway." I said "Oh and do you think you guys can pick me up some more detergent?"

I walked down the hallway and into the laundry room. I pulled off my shirt and threw it with the rest of the dirty clothes. I walked into my room and to the closet. I grabbed a shirt and froze when I felt hands on my shoulders.

I turned around and looked at Lay.

"We're heading out to the store. Are you going to be okay by yourself?" He asked

"Yes." I smiled

His eyes moved from mine down to my chest. One of his hands gently ghosted over the place where the coffee spilled. His cold hand felt good against the burning flesh.

"Are you okay?" He asked, gliding his fingers down

I nodded my head, scared to talk. He stepped closer and lowered his head. He placed a small kiss to my chest. My stomach was doing flips as my heart pounded.

"Now you're better." he smiled

"Why are you so cheesy?" I laughed

"I'm cheesy? Should I kiss you in different places to show that I'm not?" He asked, moving closer

"Lay come on!" Luhan yelled

"Coming!" Lay shouted back

Lay winked at me and left the room.

I pulled my shirt over my head, just as I heard the door slam.

Sometimes I wish they would know how it feels to be more responsible.

-Tao-

We walked down the street, on our way back home.

I felt so bad for spilling coffee all over Xiumin. He has been like a mother to all of us. Cleaning our rooms, our clothes, taking care of us when were sick and I could list a number of other things he does but doesn't have too. All we do is complain and fight, everyone but Kris. It very rare to see Lay do anything wrong, but he does have a short temper when it comes to food being wasted.

A store caught my eyes. It was called La Boulangerie Rèves. I'm guessing it's a french name. I stopped to stare at the dark purple building. The store had two big windows, but were covered with dark velvety curtains, hiding all the secrets within.

Something was pulling me to the store.

"Tao you okay?" Kris asked

"Can I go check out that store?" I asked

"Sure but make it quick. Do you want someone to go with you?" Kris asked

"No thank you."

"Okay, well wait for you outside." Kris said

Luhan and the others sighed and leaned against the wall as I pushed open the door.

There was a soft ring. It was warm inside. It smelt like yeast, cinnamon, frying fat and coffee. There was bagels in shiny layered rows, topped with seeds. In the glass displays, sugar sparkle like snow on the cinnamon twists, jelly donuts gleamed in their translucent icing. Brown bread, in big round loaves, puts forth it's aroma of wholesome goodness. The barrel in the corner held the slim baguettes, each with it's crinkly brown paper bag.

The walls were a dark purple, the ceiling a midnight blue. A crystal chandelier hung, showering the room in dim light.

There wasn't anyone behind the counter. It seemed like the place was empty. Were they closed? 

I looked around the store, everything looking delicious. My eyes landed on a small round table, a dark red table clothed draped over it. On top was a single cupcake, a glass lid covering it.

I walked over to the table and looked down at the cupcake. The icing had all the colors of the rainbow infused in it. Small little rainbow pearl sprinkles scattered all over it. It was pretty, sort of like a flower. A forbidden flower that should only be seen and not touched.

Xiumin would like this. I could give this to him as a sorry gift. I wonder how much this cost? There's no price tag.

I looked closer at the cupcake and saw that there was a small card under it. What does it say?

"I see you're interested in the cupcake." the voice came from behind me

I nearly jumped out of my skin. I'm usually good at sensing when someone is behind me, but I didn't sense her. I quickly turned around, my eyes falling on a short old woman, wearing glasses. Her clothes were a bit thick, kind of unusual when it was so warm in here. She wore a long sleeve shirt, along with a red scarf. She had on a long thick skirt, that stopped at her ankles, weird designs all over it. She wore house slippers along with socks. Her gray hair was put up in a mess bun, some hair falling into her face.

"Y-yes." I said

"It's a very special cupcake." She said

"What flavor is it?"

"Vanilla."

"How much is it?"

"Who are you planning to give it too?"

Odd question...

"Someone special."

She smiled at me and then moved to look at the cupcake.

"It's free."

"I couldn't possible just take it." I protested

"I insist." She said

She walked to the table and lifted the glass lid, placing it gently next to the cupcake. She grabbed the cupcake and the small card. She walked behind the counter and put it into a small white box, golden stars covered it. She grabbed some black ribbon and tied a bow. She then held the box out to me.

"But, but"

"You seem like a very nice young man and I want to give this to you for coming to my shop. Not a lot of people come here." She smiled "Now come over here and get this. You don't want this old lady to walk back over there. I have weak bones."

I felt guilty as I walked to the counter. I bowed my head and grabbed the box.

"Thank you." I said

She returned my smile and bowed. There bell rang, signaling that the door had opened. I turned around and watched as Lay walked in.

"Tao, what's taking so long?" He asked

"I was just thanking the shop owner."

"Who?"

"She's rights...here?"

I turned around to see no one behind the counter. Where did she go? Weird... All I know is that, she can sure move fast for an old lady.

"If your done, let's get going." Lay said holding the door open

I walked to the door, just as Lay walked out. I walked outside and saw that the rest of the guys were starting to walk ahead. Before I closed the door, I looked back at the store and then down at the box.

I wonder if Xiumin will like this...

"I'm sure he'll like it." The lady said

I looked up just in time to see the door shut.

It's official, I'm freaked out.

"Hurry up Tao." Chen shouted

-Xiumin-

It was now 1 pm. I was finally finished. I had cleaned every room, mopped and cleaned the kitchen, swept the living room and did the laundry with the last of the soap. Now I just wanted to take a nap. I plopped down on the couch and closed my eyes.

The door opened and I could hear everyone's voice. I guess a nap is out of the question. My eyes shot open.

"Wow, you really cleaned the place." Chen said

"You must be tired." Lay said

I got up from the couch just as Kris locked the front door. He had a bag which I assumed was the detergent.

"I'll put that away." I said holding my hand out

"No, you've done enough. Go rest, you look tired." Kris said

"But-"

"Here you go." Tao said, handing me a small box with stars all over it.

"What is this?" I asked

"It's a sorry gift. I'm sorry for spilling your coffee on you." Tao said

"You didn't have to-"

"It's okay. I wanted to." He said

I looked at the box and then up at a blushing Tao.

"Thank you." I smiled

I looked around me and noticed that everyone was already in the living room, except Tao. I turned around and walked into the kitchen, Tao following close behind me.

I sat on a stool and untied the black ribbon. I lifted the lid up just as Tao took a seat right next to me.

Inside was a very colorful cupcake. It was so pretty. I looked at Tao and smiled.

"Thank you Tao." I smiled

I leaned up and gave Tao a peck on the cheek.

I looked back down at the cupcake. It was so pretty that I didn't want to ruin it by eating it.

"You should taste it. The lady at the store said it was vanilla." Tao said

"But then I'll ruin it." I said

"If you don't eat it one of them will." Tao said

"True."

I picked up the cupcake and peeled some of the wrapper off. I took a small bite and instantly regretted it.

The cupcake tasted like anything but vanilla. I felt my face cringed up. What in the world is this?

Right now I had two choices: 1) I could spit this out and hurt Tao's feelings or 2) I could it up and swallow this for Tao's sake.

I swallowed the distasteful dessert.

"So how was it?" Tao asked

"...Great, but I think I'll save the rest for later." I said

"Okay."

"Thanks again. I'm going to take a nap now." I said

I stood up and picked up the cupcake. When I was about to place it back in it's box, I saw a small little card at the bottom. I picked it up and scanned my eyes over the paper.

Wishes and desires fill my heart and mind.

Into existence I speak them at this time.

Go forth from my lips and be born of me.

Desires and wishes return three times three.

What is this? A poem?

"Xiumin! Chen's being a hole!" Luhan shouted

I wish I could act immature for once and they would take care of me.

"Chen be nice!" I shouted

"But what if I want to be naughty?!"

"Chen." I heard Kris growl

"Shutting up now." Chen said

I shook my head and placed the dangerous cupcake into the box, closing it. I walked to the fridge and placed it inside.

I felt really drowsy, probably because of all that cleaning. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"Do you think I could take one with you?" Tao asked

I'm not going to lie, Tao is really comfortable to lay with.

"Sure." I yawned

We walked into our room. Dropped on the bed as Tao closed the door. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh. It felt good to relax.

I felt the bed dip. Tao laid down behind me, pulling me into his chest. I slowly drifted off. Why does something feel wrong?

__________________________________
 
My eyes shot open and I looked around. Everything seemed fine. I'm probably just over reacting. The clock read 2:45pm. I've been asleep for more than an hour.
 
I turned over and looked at Tao's sleeping face. I felt smaller for some reason, well laying next to Tao has that effect. It's hard to believe some people are scared of him, when he looked so innocent.
 
I reached a hand out to touch his cheek and froze.
 
My hand...that can't be my hand. I wiggled fingers looking at the unknown hand. I brought the hand closer for observation. Every time I wanted it to move, it moved. 
 
But, But, this can't be my hand. It's a kid's hand. It was small and soft. I quickly sat up and looked down at my body.
 
Oh. My. Gosh! I patted my hands down my body, trying to make sure this was real. I was in a child's body! My clothes now baggy and big.
 
How? 
 
Why? 
 
What!?
 
I-I-I don't understand... 
 
This isn't happening....
 
How can this...I-I-I
 
Maybe this is just a dream. Yeah a dream. A very horrible nightmare is more like it. Don't people say that if you pinch yourself, you'll wake up.
 
I lifted my hand up, the sleeves sliding back. Man this shirt was huge now.
 
I closed my eyes and pinched my shoulder. I expected to wake up, but all I felt was the sharp pain.
 
The tears started to build up, spilling down my cheek. I was so sensitive now. I felt my bottom lip tremble, and I started to sniffle.
 
I wasn't doing this on purpose. I had no control over my emotions. It was like I was a little kid, crying for no reason. How ironic, I am a little kid.
 
I froze when I felt Tao move. I looked over at him to see him yawn. His eyes slowly opening.
 
"Xiumin ge, why are you...crying?"
 
Tao's eyes widened and he shot up quickly. He looked at me and his mouth opened but no words came out.

Well this should be interesting...