Restrictions

I'm Taking You Back

“Good morning noona my love!!!” Woohyun greeted after seeing her on the hallway.

“Morning cutie!” she winked.

Jaejoong was just a few feet behind her and was immediately flabbergasted. ‘Cutie? How ‘bout if I beat the out of that kid? Pft!’

He then sent a death glare to the blushing teenager.

Another guy who was watching Jihyun elbowed Woohyun and nodded at Jaejoong. “Dude… Is it just me or someone is being territorial?”

“Tch! More like jealous jerk! And pleeaasseee… He already has a girlfriend! He can’t have my noona too!?”

“Seriously though… Haven’t you noticed something? Ever since that Jaejoong guy came, Jihyun became a lot livelier and glowing. She smiles more often, doesn’t scowl that much anymore, I even saw her blushing last time. And look! They even came to work together.” the guy added while Woohyun made faces at Jaejoong.

A girl teammate joined in. “You know what? For a guy? You don’t seem to be the type who likes to gossip…” she poked his temple. “And didn’t you think that they just happened to meet downstairs and went up here together? Besides! They’re partners in this project! Idiot!”

Woohyun slowly moved forward with a fist raised in conviction. “No one can have Angel Jihyun but me! We are perfect for each other!”

The girl smacked the back of his head. “And that makes you an obsessive idiot!” she left. “Better get outta here before I get a mental breakdown from you two!”

----------

Since it was a Monday morning, everyone was so busy as if each of them were in their own worlds. Tiffany was with Bumki and President Kim for a meeting where Minjun took notes. Jihyun was left in her office having a discussion with Hani and Jaejoong.

“Unnie, any news about the cf?”

“The shooting was already done and the production team is in the middle of editing. Hopefully, we will have the finish product by tomorrow.”

“Good! How ‘bout the photoshoot for the magazine?”

Hani scanned her scheduler and looked at Jaejoong. “Errmmm… J-Jae? Hello?”

He was actually watching Jihyun from the side smiling with a twinkle in his eyes.

Jihyun also noticed him and slapped his arm. “Yah! Pay attention!”

Jaejoong beamed even more. “I am paying attention!” he continued without getting distracted. “The photoshoot was done last week and the magazine will be published on Thursday. Anything else?”

Jihyun rolled her eyes and went back to Hani. “Unnie, I didn’t have breakfast yet. Can you please get me some food?”

“Okay… I’ll be back.”

The door closed and she continued working.

“Jihyun-ah… I’ll pick you up again tomorrow but it’s gonna be earlier so we can have breakfast before going here.”

“Not anymore, Jae. I only allowed you to pick me up today coz my car got a flat tire.”

“But I still want to do it…” he pouted with puppy eyes.

With the pitiful look on his face, Jihyun couldn’t find the strength to resist him. She reached out to his nose and playfully pinched it. “Look Jae… I want to see you every morning and want to spend the entire day with you! I swear I want it so bad! But we can’t! You know what the situation is right?”

Jaejoong turned serious and squeezed her hand. “I know…” he sighed. “Just continue with that you’re doing. I’ll just watch you from here! Hehehe!”

“Mwoh?! KIM JAEJOONG!” she scolded and tried pulling away from him. “Yah! How can I work if you won’t let go of my hand!”

“Mehrong~” he stuck his tongue out and locked her hand under his cheek. “I’m going to sleep…”

“You can be so annoying at times, don’t you know that?”

Then a knock came on the door.

Jaejoong released her and placed his chin on his arm again.

“Come in!” she said.

Woohyun came and strutted to her side. “Noona!”

“Hi! Do you need anything?” she looked up to him.

“I just wanted to ask directions…” he asked.

“To where?”

“To your heart…” he grinned from ear to ear.

Jihyun melted while Jaejoong’s face fell and shifted to that of a raging bull. ‘How ‘bout I show you the directions to my fist?’ Jihyun had to kick him on the foot when she felt the intensity on his face.

“Aigooo~” she then clasped both hands on her chest. “You’re such a sweetheart, Nam Woohyun!” she giggled but stopped when Jaejoong shifted his anger to her. “Uhmmm... Anyway… What brings you over, Namu?”

“Oh! The design you asked me is already done!” he then laid a blueprint on her desk.

“Uwaaaa~ Good job Woohyunnie!”

Jaejoong watched on the other side and was irked at the fact that Jihyun was leaning closer while Woohyun stooped lower. “This is the interior…” he pointed.

“Oh right…” she agreed. “What about this? What’s this?”

Woohyun moved closer. “This is the exit…”

“Aaahhhh…” Jihyun suddenly looked at him and didn’t realize how close they were that the tips of their noses almost touched.

‘That’s it! This kid is getting on my nerves!’ Jaejoong stood and grabbed the back of Woohyun’s collar. “I think you’re work here is done!” he dragged him towards the door. “We’ll just call you if we need something.”

“What the hell?” the boy staggered. “But hyung! I’m not done with noona yet!”

“You are now!” he threw him out the door and slammed it.

Jihyun covered her face with a folder to hide the snickers and snorts. ‘I never thought Jaejoong can be so cute! Kekeke~’

Next thing she know, the covering flew out of nowhere and was replaced by a very charming face. Jaejoong planted both hands on the arm rest of her chair as he stooped and pierced his eyes full of jealousy.  “Do you think this is funny? Do you think I’m having the time of my life watching you getting close with another guy?”

“Yahhh…” she chuckled. “Are you jealous with Woohyun? Nam Woohyun? He’s just a boy!” she snorted.

“I don’t give a ! He clearly likes you and I am very much threatened!” he sneered.

“Hahahaha! You’re so cute, Jae…” she pushed him aside but Jaejoong won’t budge. His glare was locked to her since his anger was in full gear.

Jihyun’s lips curled up and gently held his face with both hands. “If only I could scream and shout how much I love you, I would’ve done that ever since you stepped into my office… There’s no one else better who can sweep me off my feet but you. And although Woohyun have the best pick up lines, you still have the best voice to sing me to sleep.”

Jaejoong softened up and tilted his head as he leaned closer. “Are you proposing to me?”

“No…” she murmured. “It’s your job, not mine…”

He opened his mouth and kissed her tenderly. She took a deep breath as if it was her last.

Jaejoong savored her aggressively, almost serene and bewitched.

“Jae… Hani unnie is coming…”

“How… did you know?” he muttered in her tongue.

“Trust me… I know…” she replied.

Jaejoong let out a sigh and regretfully went back to his chair.

True enough, her secretary came with Tiffany.

“Hi babe!” the girlfriend wen to him in delight. “Abeoji is looking for you. Let’s go?”

“O-Okay…” Jaejoong stood and left with her.

Jihyun pretended no one existed  through her iMac so when the door closed, Hani sat on one the chairs in front of the table. “Is there something that I should know about?”

“Huh? Not that I know of…” she shrugged.

“Oh c’mon Ahn Jihyun! Looking at you and Jaejoong right now is like blast from the past!”

Jihyun blew out an air and faced her. “Unnie… Jaejoong and I are now okay…”

“I knew it!” she smirked. “But when you say, okay… Is it okay like we-are-back-together-and-cheats-with-Tiffany-okay or we-are-back-together-as-friends-okay?”

“Uhmmm… B-Both… I think?” she shyly admitted.

Hani slapped her forehead. “I hope you realize what a big mess this is if people will find out. This is serious, Jihyun.”

“I know... But he told me that he will talk to Tiffany and sort things out.”

The worried secretary went and placed an arm around her in comfort. “I just want you to know that I’m happy for you and Jaejoong, and I will support you no matter what. I just don’t want to see you both getting hurt again.”

“Thanks unnie. It really means a lot.”

“Anytime dear… By the way, Minjun said that Jaejoong organized a surprise party for his dad later.”

Jihyun leaned away and looked up to her. “Really? That’s nice!”

“Mhmmm! You should go!”

“Naahhhh… They should celebrate it as a family.” she smiled with honesty. “Anyway, is the gift ready?”

“Yup!” Hani raised a thumb. “Your car is also okay to use!”

“Cool! You’re the best!”