Chapter 6

Strawberry Drops
Please log in to read the full chapter

  ***Jinyoung POV***

Chin Ho faces us. Mixed emotions show in his eyes.

"She disappeared," Chin Ho says.

"How can a person disappear?" I tell him. "Maybe she left on purpose."

"Jinyoung!" Gongchan slaps my thigh. He turns to face Chin Ho again. "Sorry. Please continue."

"To be honest I don't think she wanted to disappear," Chin Ho sighs.

"What do you mean?" Gongchan asks.

"She was pregnant. She didn't have family to run to if she ever ran away." Chin Ho stays quiet.

"How did you meet her?" I ask him.

A warm smile spreads on Chin Ho's face. "I met her in my college days. I was going to the bar with my friends. She happened to be working there. I fell for her instantly. When I met her she was already pregnant. Although she tried to push me away, I always went back. After so many times I pleaded she finally accepted me. We grew close quickly. I guess everything happened fast. But the closer it got to the due date she grew sickly. She couldn't control her transformation either."

"Have you ever thought she got lost?" I in. "Have you even searched for her?"

"Maybe he did!" Gongchan yells.

"Trust me, I did. It's like the earth swallowed her. She was gone. There was no track of her. That day she told me she was going for some fresh air. She never came back. She left without saying a word. It hurt me," Tears Stream down Chin Ho's eyes.

"Did anyone ever ask about her and tell you anything?" Gongchan asks.

"Actually... Someone did come up to me. I don't remember his face. He said his master sent him. He said "Forget" then disappeared ," Chin Ho replies.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I get fraustrated.

"I don't know. I feel like I'm forgetting something important. It hurts just trying to remember," he replies.

I feel a sting in my chest. Flashes start happening. Before I know it I'm in my half human/ half bat form.

"Jinyoung?" Gongchan asks.

I fully transform. I fly out the window heading towards an unknown direction. IM BEING PULLED.

I suddenly feel heavy. My wings cripple. I feel myself falling.

 

------

I wake up in my human form. I wipe mud off my face. Weird noises surround me. I prepare for combat. As I look around I see I'm at a cemetery. I look down and see I'm on a tomb. My vision adjusts on the tomb.

"Weird..." I shake my head. "How did I end up here?"

A plaque catches my attention. My eyes grow wide when I read the fancy lettering and the family crescent "Jung Family".

"My family?" I scratch my head.

I look down to find the name of the person. I find the plaque covered in dried mud. I bend down and try to scratch off the mud with my nails.

"," I curse.

Once the lettering shows a bit I try to make out the words.

"In honor of Yun," the plaque reads.

"Yun? I've never heard of that person. Its a family code to know all previous Jung clan members. Who is this?"

My head start

Please log in to read the full chapter