Chapter 7

Strawberry Drops
Please log in to read the full chapter

 ***Gongchan POV***

"Are you sure about this?" I ask Jinyoung.

He nods his head then finally flies off. I follow behind him. We reach the boarding house the next day.

"Jinyoung are you sure?" I ask him again.

Jinyoung walks up to me. He holds me close.

"I'm sure," he whispers in my ear. "Go your room or one of our friends’ rooms."

I can feel his heart beat faster. He looks deeply into my eyes. His lips lock onto mine. Our tongues tangle. I suddenly feel a soft pain. As he moves away, blood slides down my lip. 

"Be careful," I tell him.

Jinyoung smiles and hugs me again. "I will."

Jinyoung storms into the boarding house. I wait a while before I go in. I watch his body transform then take off. Why does this feel like a goodbye?

 

***Jinyoung POV***

I reach the top level of the boarding house. The doors open once I step on the ground. I head towards my "father's" office.

"Jinyoung," my mom yells as she sees me.

She walks towards me. I look at her. She looks paler than usual. I shake my head and ignore her. I reach the office.

Once the door opens, he stares at me. Anger is blasting through his eyes. He stands up and walks towards me. He stops in front of me.

His hand slams on my face. "You worthless brat."

"Shin!" My mother yells. "He's your son! Don't hit him!"

I look to the side. I immediately start laughing.

"You don't have to lie," I continue laughing. "I know the truth. I'm not the son of an evil tyrant. And guess what? I'm done with you 'father.'"

My mother's eyes become filled with tears. I look at my father.

"Shall I call you Mr. Jung?" I tell him.

He smiles at me. He moves closer to me.

"I'm glad you know what you're worth now. Coming from some and being taken in by us," he gazes at me.

"How dare you speak sickly of someone who is dead?" I get closer to him.

He raises his hand. My mom gets in between us.

"Move!" He yells at her.

"Stop," she begs him.

She stares at him. He pushes her to the side.

"Shin you're not the person I used to know," she cries.

I walk over to her. "Sorry Mother."

I go over to face my father.

"Leave me out of your life forever," I tell him.

"You think it’s that easy to escape?" He smiles.

I turn into my bat form. Before I know it, I find myself falling to the ground. He picks me up.

"You can never escape me," he says. He turns to a guy with a tranquilizing gun. "Good job."

 

***Gongchan POV***

"So let me get this straight, he went to face Mr. Jung?" Baro asks.

"Yes," I tap my feet impatiently.

"He's in big trouble," Sandeul says while eating some chips.

"I know," I tell him.

"You should sneak into the top floor," Sandeul says.

Baro hits Sandeul. "The top floor only opens up for the Jung family, remember? Unless they know you’re coming."

"Oh," Sandeul pouts. "Then all we can do is wait."

The door to their room opens. CNU steps in.

"Gongchan, Mr. Jung wants to see you," he says.

I nod. I follow him towards the office on the top floor. The doors open up.

"This way," CNU says.

"Are you okay?" I ask CNU.

"I'm fine," he replies in a serious tone.

"It seems you're bit odd today," I tell him.

"You're imagining things," he says.

I feel a sharp pain when we pass a room door. I stop in front of it.

"Hurry," CNU says.

He pulls me. We walk by another room. This time the door is open. A pale lady sits silently. A maid brushes her long black hair.

"Who is that?" I ask.

"That is Mrs. Jung," CNU replies coldly.

We finally reach the end of the corridor. The doors open.

"I've been waiting," Mr. Jung says.

"Hello," I reply.

"I would offer you to sit, but this won't take long," he says.

He walks over to me. He puts a finger on my face. It slides down covered in blood. I touch my face that is burning. Blood streams onto my hand.

"You leave this house in two hours," he tells me.

"But... "I start saying.

"Dongwoo help prepare things," he tells CNU.

CNU bows. I stare in shock that CNU doesn't say anything.

"Jinyoung!? Where is he!?" I yell.

Mr. Jung smiles. "His whereabouts don't concern you. Last thing I heard from him is that he didn't want anything to do with you."

CNU drags me out. Before I know it we are back on the first floor.

"I need to stop in my room," CNU tells me.

I why is he acting this way?

CNU walks back. He carries something with him. We finally reach my room.

"Here," CNU hands me a paper.

I open it up and read it. "By the time you read this I might not be me. What I mean is... They're controlling me. Mr. Jung had a chip installed in me. Nobody knows. I overheard his plan. He wants to get rid of you and force Jinyoung to take control of the clan. I'm slowly losing control of my own self. I want you to pack your things. Tell Sandeul and Baro to go with you. Once you’re out tell them about the situation. Save Jinyoung and get away from here. As for me... I will be fine -CNU"

I look at CNU who is folding my clothes.

"Done," he tells me.

"Yes," I nod. "I need to say goodbye."

I walk o

Please log in to read the full chapter