Final

With Him By Her Side
She walked through the hospital garden slowly, looking at the wilting flowers. Her eyes portrayed sadness as she walked alone. "Miss," one of the nurses called out, "You should go back to your room. It's getting colder, and the forecaster said that it would be raining later." The younger girl said nothing as she stared at the nurse. Silently, she turned around and made her way back to the building as the nuse frowned sadly.
 
Walking into her hospital room, she looked out the window, only to see that the rain had began to sprinkle lightly. The room was quiet; only the sound of quiet breathing and the soft pitter-patter of the rain on the window can be heard. Soon, a knock on the door was heard, causing the girl to turn her head towards the visitor, who grinned, "Hey, you."
 
Silence. He closed the door behind him before walking up to her and sitting down in the chair next to her bed, "You doing better?" She nodded, but remained silent as he let out a sigh, "That's good. Soon enough, you'll be able to discharge."
 
Still nothing. He heard sniffling, and as he lifted her head up slightly by the chin, he frowned worriedly at the gathered tears at the corner of her eyes, "Are you alright? Should I get the doctor?"
 
As he got up to walk towards the door, she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face into the back of his shirt. He stopped in his tracks as he felt the warmth on his shirt. As he tried to remove her arms, she tightened them, causing him to soften. "I'm not going to leave you," he coaxed softly before he felt her arms loosen their grip. He turned around and bent his knees so that he was eye-level with her. He cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears away with his thumbs and using them to carress her cheeks gently, "What's wrong, hm? You can tell me." She only glanced at him quickly before fling her arms around his neck, burying her face in the crook of his neck. He sighed before looping his arm under her knees and behind her back, allowing himself to sit on the bed before placing her on his lap.
 
An hour past, and they stayed in the same position. She had fallen asleep whereas he remained awake, running his hand through her long, soft, brown hair. He felt her stir and gazed at her lovingly as she opened her eyes slowly. Yawning, she rubbed her eyes.
 
"Good evening, sweetheart," she heard as she felt lips press against her temple. She softened at his voice and snuggled into his chest, resting her head above his heart and sighing as she listened to his even heartbeat.
 
She felt arms wrapped around her waist and a chin rest on top of her head, causing her to flinch slightly. He pulled her into his chest, "Do you mind if I stay here for the night?" He felt her shake her head, and he grinned. Adjusting their position so that both of them were facing each other as they laid on their side. He pulled her closer into his embrace, his arm draped around her waist. With one hand, he rested it on her cheek, and she nuzzled into his warm hand, her own small hand holding the hand on her cheek. He moved his face closer to hers so that their foreheads touched. "I love you," he breathed out, a small lingering smile on his face.
 
Looking into her eyes, he rolled on top of her, his body propped up onto his forearms. She could feel his warm breath on her face as he leaned in closer and closer. "I love you so much," he whispered  before dipping his head down to connect their lips.
 
The kiss was slow and gentle, and it took her breath away. The kisses they shared were always like their first, and it was hard to hold back that shiver down her spine whenever they kissed. He never rushed her, and he made sure to pour every single ounce of his love into the kiss.
 
One of his hands moved up to cup her face as he deepened the kiss, and her hands turned into small fists as she clenched his shirt. After a few minutes, he pulled away first, slightly out of breath as he looked at her. Her cheeks were flushed, and her lips were slightly swollen. He chuckled as he rolled off of her. Instead, he wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her flush against his chest, her back making contact with his chest. She turned around, making her face his chest. Looking up at him, she rested a hand on his cheek, and he rested one of his hands on hers. He laced their fingers together, holding it in front of their faces as he smiled at her lovingly, "I love you."
 
She snuggled into his chest, their hands never parting as they fell asleep after her first and last statement of the day.
 
"I love you, too."
 
 

*facepalm*
...This is one of the worst one-shots I must have ever written.
*bangs head on table*
If you're going to ask me what's going on, I have no idea myself. I wrote this last week, maybe?, and I honestly don't know if I like it or not.
I'll left you guys decided on that.
---Nghi