Seraphiel

Lacrimosa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seraphiel
"Angel of purification."

 

 

My hands were shaking right now. I felt like I was about to faint. Each and every second hurt like hell. My eyes… I couldn’t keep them open. It felt… It felt like someone kept scratching them with their nails. I tried to inhale as much air as possible; but I couldn’t do this anymore.

“What’s happening to me?” my voice died away inside this cell. I couldn’t even get up for shower time. I was all by myself in here. My fingers tried to my cheeks, but my face started feeling numb.

“Luhan?” I whispered. “Luhan?” I couldn’t even hear myself anymore. My heart rate went through the roof. “Luhan? Where are you?”

“Luhan.” The sound of someone else’s voice drifted through my cell. A shiver went down my spine. I couldn’t turn around in my bed, but I had to. I had to carry my body out of my bed and see who was speaking to me. I had never heard this voice before.

My eyes were still closed. I couldn’t open them. They hurt like hell. As if the inside of my eyelids were made of sandpaper.

“Luhan? Is that you?” I sounded like a lost child. If I had known what kind of hell this place was turning into. This was insanity at its finest.

Cold hands touched my face. Miraculously the numb feeling that had been haunting my face, started to fade away slowly. I couldn’t open my eyes. It felt as if I had a bottle of soap splashed into my pupils. It burned so much.

I stayed silent, until realization hit me. This could only be him. “Chanyeol? Is that you?”

“Poor, dark soul,” this was him. I knew it was him. I had never heard his voice before, but it had to be him. I could hear the soft clicking sounds he used to make. It was Chanyeol. He was here, behind the prison bars. “Why must thou pay for empty deeds?”

I frowned and realized that this gesture made my eyes even hurt more. At first I thought I was crying, but I knew these weren’t ordinary tears. I tried to block the thought.

Chanyeol’s finger wiped away the blood. He hissed softly and shrieked. “Soon, Tao. Soon this place will be covered in eternal silence. I crave for that silence but find that selfish and greedy. Please forgive me for thinking like that. I tried to atone, but I can’t.”

He lifted his hands and laid his fingers on my eyelids. They actually felt better. I couldn’t speak.

“The dirt will corrupt your skin. The rain will fall. The stone will call out to you. You will be alone. Alone in everything you do.” His voice turned into a whispered. “Alone in everything you are.”

“I’m scared,” I shrieked in terror and had no idea where that voice came from. I didn’t know. It was as if it had already been there, trying to get out. “Help.”

“Alone you will be; alone you won’t feel. Dark feathers will form a warm cloak. Your soul won’t rot.” I could almost hear him smile. It was relieving. It calmed me down.

“I’m Alpha. You’re Omega.” He let go of my eyes and the burns returned. “Rest thy soul, rest thy spirit. Fate will always catch up. Destiny is prewritten. You can’t run from it.”

He disappeared and I couldn’t help but realize that my face hit the ground hard. I couldn’t handle this. Chanyeol spoke in riddles; riddles I didn’t want to solve. The truth would be unbearable.

When I woke up,  I felt as if things had gone back to normal again. For me, at least. Maybe I had become immune to the despicable pain. Maybe. The prison itself was still drenched in a dark atmosphere. It felt like it was drowning. Sinking deeper and deeper.

I tried to remember what Chanyeol had said to me, but it almost felt like I had heard him in a long, lost dream. I couldn’t help myself anymore.

Luhan was still nowhere to be found. I had to wait for Chen to get back from shower time; but had to chance to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter