Experiment 126

Experiment 126

 

They were following me and this was actually the third time. My heart was beating uncontrollably when I ran as fast as I could towards my car and locked myself in. I tried to start the engine but it wouldn't so I really feared that they might get to me in no time. I immediately locked all the doors and looked straight at the dark forest. I could feel they were coming near my car and I just prayed that they won't break the windows. *Smash* My prayers weren't granted as I heard the window on my right break so I tried to stay far from the windows.
 
 
Jae is possessed again together with his friends. He stood on the left side of the car and banged on the window. Another window got broken, the one at the left back door. They were starting to get inside through the windows so I decided to break the windshield and crawl my way out. I successfully escaped from them and ran to the cottage I saw earlier which is near the highway. I looked back and saw Jae following me. I went inside the cottage and forgot to lock the door as I dashed to the second floor. Jae was so fast that I didn't notice he was already a foot behind me. I just felt him pulling on my leg, forcing me to sit down on one of the steps. I thrashed and kicked him but he wouldn't budge. We were like this for almost ten minutes, none of us giving in to what the other wants. I only gave up once I saw the color of his eyes turn back to their normal color. He's back. My Jae is back.
 
 
 
 
"I'm so sorry, baby." He enveloped me in his arms then rocked me back and forth. My tears were dampening his shirt and I hugged him tightly.
 
 
"Please tell me how this can be stopped. I am scared, Jae. You're also getting hurt because of it." I looked into his eyes but my sight was a bit blurred due to the tears that were still flowing.
 
 
"We haven't found a cure for this yet but we're only a few steps in finding it out. Let's just pray that this won't happen again. Okay?"
 
 
 
His words calmed me down a bit and I just nodded. The others came running to the cottage and went to the two of us. They apologized to me but I told them it's fine. Jae told the others to guard the cottage first while we talk.
 
 
 
"Baby, I'm really sorry. We didn't expect that to happen. Please forgive me. I should've seen it coming. Promise me that when this happens again, you run as fast as you can to Mr. Hwang's house. He knows what to do." He explained further while I just hummed in response.
 
 
"Jae, I'm really tired and I'm sure you and the guys are too. Let's go back to my house."
 
 
 
We walked back to my house which was not that far from here. It's only 20 minutes away from the highway. As soon as we reached my house, I set up some mattresses on the living room for the guys to sleep in. They cleaned themselves first before calling it a night. Jae and I head off to my room and plopped ourselves on the bed.
 
 
 
"I set up the alarm system before leaving the house earlier. Seems like they found out I live here. The CCTV cameras captured some men, about your age, peeping through the gate." I informed him.
 
 
He stiffened and turned to face me. He cupped my face and said, "I won't let them do anything to you. I know I can't trust myself with you either knowing that we still haven't found out the cure but I promise to take care of you while I'm normal."
 
 
"I know. I hope everything will be solved already. I miss the old times when you haven't had that accident yet. Stupid scientists. They're the reason why you're like this." I pouted.
 
 
"Hey, let's not think about that anymore. Let's just go to sleep. I'm here to protect you so you can sleep well." He said.
 
 
"I know. Just don't leave me." 
 
 
 
We slept in each other's arms comfortably once again.