Final

The Sushi and California Temaki To Your Heart

“Luhan, let’s go there! Quick, quick, they’re calling out for me already,” Sehun quickened his pace, pulling the smaller man with him.

 

Luhan frowned a little at his impatience, wondering why on earth his boyfriend would think that they were actually calling out at him (in cute, squeaky voices, Sehun once told him, much to Luhan’s horror). Besides, there was no need to rush when the little plastic-wrapped sushi and California temaki were just right there, lying peacefully in the comforts of the refrigerated display.

 

They won’t grow legs, Luhan wanted to tell the younger one, but decided to save his heart from all the erratic stories that Sehun would probably going to come up.

 

He doesn’t need more ideas, Luhan mentally patted his back for the reminder.

 

As Luhan watched Sehun swoon over the display of sushi and California temaki, he couldn’t help but huff in jealousy, puffing his cheeks in the process. He glared at the seemingly innocent lumps of rice in disgust and tapped incessantly at the entranced boy’s shoulder, which was hunched over the display counter.

 

Bringing his index fingers to each cheek when Sehun finally turned around, Luhan asked cutely, “Sehun-ah, am I cuter than the sushi over there?”

 

As Sehun contemplated, looking back and forth at the oversized sweater-clad boy and the display, Luhan blinked once in disbelief; Is there even anything to compare?

 

Sehun finally made a decision and pinched Luhan’s chubby cheek with a little too much force, “Of course it’s you, Bambi.”

 

Luhan rubbed at his cheek and looked doubtfully at him, narrowing his eyes in suspicion. He dropped his arms away from his face and pondered for a while, all the while glaring at Sehun, who had turned his attention back to the sushi and California temaki. (“Hmm, which one should I choose? Ah, you guys, stop quarrelling, I will just buy all of you,” Sehun hums adoringly.)

 

The competition is on, Luhan thought with a surge of determination, a fist punching in the cool air of the shopping mall.

 

 

Luhan hummed quietly to himself as he laid out the thick cotton blanket across the bed that he and Sehun shared, patting it down until it was wrinkle-free. As he straightened up to admire his piece of work, he heard jingling of keys at the front door and immediately jumps onto one of the ends of the blanket breadth wise, rolling himself across the bed.

 

“Luhan, I’m home~  Did you make California temaki as you promised?” Sehun called excitedly across the house, half-running into their bedroom.

 

“Lu-“ Sehun paused for a moment when he opened the door to their bedroom and stared at the sight before him.

 

On the bed laid Luhan, snugly wrapped in the cushy white blanket and lying on his tummy.  The life-sized California temaki rolled over the face Sehun, leaving a short trail of blanket beside him, and grinned happily at him. As if that wasn’t enough, Luhan had stuck a bolster between his body and the blankets “for a more realistic look”.

 

“Sehun-ah, is this big enough for you?” Luhan’s eyes turned into little crescents as he gave a playful grin.

 

Momentarily forgetting about his dinner, Sehun abandoned his school bag and loosened the tie around his collar, flinging it to the corner of the room where his school bag was. He unsmilingly climbed onto the bed slowly, with his gaze fixed on Luhan. The doe-eyed boy gulped nervously, part of him already regretting his antic.

 

“S-Sehun-ah…” Luhan whimpered timidly, squirming a little in the limited space.

 

Sehun, unable to contain his laughter at his boyfriend’s reaction, turned into guffawing mess, occasionally snorting when he couldn’t breathe right. Offended, Luhan glanced sideways at him and turned away with small creases between his brows.

 

When Sehun stopped wheezing like a dying seal, he turned to see an unmoving head of brown hair.

 

“Luhaaaaan, are you angry?” Sehun tried his best to say it as cutely as possible, almost convincing the older one to turn around.

 

No, you do not turn around. You are the manliest; you do not dissolve into a puddle of goo with Sehun’s aegyo.

 

“Luhan-ahhhh, turn around and look at me.”

 

Nope, not turning around. You are the manliest.

 

“Buing buing, Luhan~”

 

“That’s outdated, it’s no longer cute,” Luhan tried sounding catty, but a slight waver in his voice betrayed him.

 

“Aigooo, our little Bambi is angry. Let’s see… Luhan-ah, you are as cute as a tamago sushi!”

 

The blanket around Luhan went flying across the room.

 

Oops.

 

 

Luhan paced around the bedroom, a finger tapping lightly on his lower lip.

 

“Well, he did say a tamago sushi is cute…”

 

He turned towards the bed and eyed the white fluffy pillow, hmm…

 

 

Sehun came home with a paper bag in his hand and called out to his boyfriend, “Luhan, I bought sushi for dinner!”

 

Receiving no response, Sehun assumed that the bubbly Bambi had fallen asleep while waiting for him to return home and approached the bedroom all ready to turn into a life-sized alarm clock. Clearing his throat in preparation, he opened the door and started, “LU-“

 

Sehun swore he almost started bawling when he saw his boyfriend, in a yellow one-piece, slumped motionless over two pillows neatly lined together, face down.

 

“Life-sized tamago sushi for dinner, Sehun-ah~” Luhan lifted his chin away from the pillow to grin foolishly at the younger one, much to his relief. His boyfriend wasn’t dead.

 

Sehun blinked a few times before he was pulled back to reality, thanks to a certain tamago sushi whose short arms waved enthusiastically at him. His heart squeezed a little at the sight; why was his boyfriend so unbearably adorable?

 

As if on cue, Luhan rolled over and stretched his arms out, just as Sehun took him into an embrace, school bag all but forgotten on the edge of the bed.

 

“Yah, you’re not supposed to lie on my bed without showering first,” Luhan ruined the sweet moment with his pet-peeve, effectively putting a pause to the kisses that Sehun was peppering all over his face.

 

Sehun shook his stubbornly with a small frown and whined, “Just this once, hyung,” emphasising on the last word to make his plea more endearing.

 

Knowing that the adorable whine of his was the last thing on Earth that Luhan could ever resist, Sehun hid a satisfied smile when he complied with a reluctant nod of his head. Sehun pulled the paper bag of sushi that he took away for dinner and fished out a pair of chopsticks and split it into two.

 

“Yah, where’re my chopsticks? Did you forget to take another pair?” Luhan asked, already sliding out of bed to go to the kitchen.

 

He was pulled back to where he was, with a simple tug from Sehun who wrapped his long fingers around his wrist.

 

“I didn’t say I bought these for both of us, these sushi belong to me and only me. I’m extremely possessive, just in case you don’t know.” Sehun decided to play around with the smaller one but got a not-so-gentle smack on the arm.

 

“There’s no need, I’ll feed you,” Sehun said nonchalantly, earning a pointed look from Luhan.

 

“Male chauvinist pig,” Luhan grumbled, but Sehun deliberately ignored him and continued to unwrap the sushi from their plastic wrappers.

 

“Sehun-ah, do you really like sushi and California temaki more than me?” Luhan decided to ask out of the blue.

 

Sehun pretended to ponder for a moment and replied, “They have accompanied me for seventeen years of my life, they laughed with me when I’m happy, and consoled me when I’m upset. No one can come in between us, we are inseparable.”

 

Luhan took a deep breath and was all prepared to throw a fit (and sushi are over the room) when Sehun stopped him with a peck on the lips.

 

“You silly Bambi, of course you’re the best.”

 

“Really?” Luhan widened his eyes and Sehun could literally see the glimmer of hope and satisfaction in them, “Am I the sushi and California temaki to your heart?”

 

Sehun decided that Luhan needed a better convincing and placed the bag of sushi away on the night stand. Maybe a life-sized tamago sushi would taste better.

 

(1376 words)

Author's note:

-Fluffy hunhan is irresistable ok you guys

-I would have turned this into a fic if I could but let's not ruin this fic

-Subscribe, comment or upvote to show your love kk I will pepper you guys with kisses too