WHAT IS DHAMPIR?

✖GREEK VAMPIRE ACADEMY Roleplay✖ [INFINITELY OPEN SINCE JUNE 4th 2012]

Have originally been born from Moroi mixing with humans. They cannot reproduce with each other or with humans, but only with Moroi. When dhampirs and Moroi have children together, they come out as standard dhampirs : half human and half vampire. Since Moroi are the only ones with whom dhampirs can reproduce, they have to stay close to them. It is in their interest that the Moroi survive; this is how the Guardian system started.

Most of the dhampir men and few dhampir women train to become guardians. After their graduation they stay with a Moroi who they have to protect from the Strigoi.

Dhampirs have no magical gifts, but they are very strong and can turn into great warriors. Their reflexes and senses are the same as vampires with strength and endurance from humans. Their strength surpasses noth humans and Moroi. They heal faster than humans do. They feed the same way as humans do and have no problems being out in the sun. Their looks are human, too though they are described as being more attractive than humans. They are not as powerful as the Strigoi so they have to train very hard to increase their strength, speed and stamina.

There are only few long-term Moroi-dhampir relationships because most Moroi want to have Moroi children. Many Moroi men like being with dhampir women, but in the end marry Moroi women. That’s why there are a lot of single dhampir mothers.

Plenty of dhampir women do not become guardians because they want to raise their children. they either work normal jobs or live in communities that have a very bad reputation. It is said that they let Moroi men bite them during . For that reason they are called "Blood ".

There are also dhampirs who have a long-term relationship with another dhampir, which is considered scndalous. It is seen as a waste and disgrace because they cannot have children and neglect their duty of protecting Moroi.