First Meeting

Hard to Admit

"Bye grandpa! Take care!" I shouted to my grandpa saying goodbye. I will be sad leaving him again but I'll always visit.

"You too, Yuri! Take care!" My grandpa turned around. After taking a few steps he turned to me again, "Be nice to other people, make friends!" He reminded me. I just nodded but I wasn't sure I was gonna do that.

After my parent's divorce and my mom's death, I lived with my grandpa in the countryside. He was very kind to me and I loved him. But I only stayed with him for 2 months then I started going to boarding school. My grandpa insisted on staying with him and just go to a school near his house but I didn't want to be a burden to him. Besides, I heard that my new school had good reputation. It was probably full of brainiacs since it's an elite school. I was able to recieve the offer in this school because of my grades when I was in elementary. Anyway, I couldn't possibly have my grandpa take me to and from school, the school is far away from his house for heaven's sake! So, I decided to stay in the hostel.

After the registration and saying goodbye to my grandpa, I went to the hostel and brought all my stuff. When I got to the building I noticed a lot of dorms. The building was HUGE. Wow! I'm gonna stay here for 5 years! Cool! 

When I got to the entrance, I saw a tall boy. What's he doing here? I should go ask him.

"Erm..excuse me?" 

He turned around and had a shocked face. Then he looked at a paper not looking at me back.

"Why are you here?" I asked politely. Since I'm a freshman I don't think I should be rude. But he's also bringing luggage. 


Uh oh.

 

"Isn't this the girls' dorm? What are you doing here?" I asked him again. He wasn't answering nor looking at me like he didn't care but I had to be patient.

Finally he payed attention.

"What do you mean? Isn't this the boys' dorm?" He showed me the paper that he was looking at earlier. 

"HAHAHAHAHA!~"

"Hey, why are you laughing?"

Is this kid serious? I have to stop him from embarassing himself.

"I think the boys' dorm is that one," I pointed to the building in near the girls' dorm. A bit further though. I was still holding in my laughter. 

"Are you sure about that?"

Then we both saw some girls coming downstairs from the building.

"I told you," I simply said. He blushed. Weird. He looked like a cold person just now.

"Thank you," 

"For what?"

"For helping me escape huge embarassment,"

"Oh, okay. You better go before someone sees you," I said. He nodded. "See you around," I waved to him.

 

"No."

 

 

"What the~" Suddenly I felt a strange aura around him. The cold aura when I tried talking to him. What's up with him?

 

He walked to the boys' dorm as if nothing happened. Does this guy have two personalities? He was nice just now then cold all of a sudden. Pfft~ Whatever. Why am I even thinking about that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I brought my luggage upstairs to my dorm one by one. I arrived late so all the other students probably already entered their dorms and there was no one to help me out.

"Ah, dorm 99. Cool, my dorm is at the end," I muttered to myself. I looked over to the side. The girls' and boys' dorm are pretty close, it's pratically next to eachother. The school is huge but the space for the hostel seems so packed like theres not enough room. The school probably took all the space.

When I reached my hand for the door, somebody already opened it for me. I was shocked. 

"Oh, are you Kwon Yuri?" The girl asked. I nodded. "Ah, good thing you came in time. I was just about to look for you, you know, in case you got lost, but now I won't have to waste energy going downstairs," she said happily.

Who would get lost here? The hostel is small, anyway. Except for that boy just now. Come to think of it, I didn't even ask his name. Well, my grandpa did tell me to be friendly.

"Well, come in. Oh, you got a lot of stuff there, let me help you with that.," she offered. 

She help me unpack all my stuff, folding it and putting it in the closet. The closet was big enough for 3 people, I thought.

"Oh, my bad. My name is Im Yoona," she introduced herself, holding out her hand. I shook her hand.

"I'm Kwon Yuri. Nice to meet you," I bowed. "Thank you for helping me."

"It's nothing. And why are you bowing? Am I that old to you?" She laughed.

"Eh? How old are you? You're not a senior here?" She laughed harder.

"Man, you're funny. I'm 13. I just transferred here too."

"But you seem to know the place like you've been here for a while already," 

"Ah, that's because my father is the principal. I've been to this school a couple of times," she said. I nodded.

Wow, her father is the principal. She must be so cool. And in a prestigious school like this, she must be rich too, I thought.

I lied down on my bed. It's so cosy! I think I'm gonna like it here. I had a quick look around the dorm. It was pretty big. It could fit five people. But then I noticed there was another bed. 

"Is it just us two in here?" I asked

"No, there's someone else. She went to go eat with her family before. She sure is taking a while, she'll be back later,"

"Oh, okay then."

I wonder how the other girl will be like. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N - hey, i just finished another chapter. i'm hoping to update a lot of chapters before i go back to school next monday (13/6/11) since i stay in a boarding school i might not be able to update some chapters. 2 or 3 weeks hiatus maybe? sorry! i seriously don't wanna go back anyway. i'm not confident with my grades since i've been focused on SNSD more than exams haha!

please comment my story and tell me what you think! 

about the character's mom's death, i'll describe about it in another chapter. a bit too sudden? i'm sorry i didn't plan out my story well. oh, and guess who the tall boy was, hehe!