3 - Hakyeon Part 2

VIXX Drabbles & One-shots!
Continuation of Part 1.
 
Word Count: 1541

 

... I didn't know he felt like this towards me. I quickly walked away from the scene, afraid that they will find me eavesdropping on them. Oh crap, I forgot about class.
 
Class ended with me still thinking about it. Hakyeon didn't turn up for class. Jaekyung knew something was up with me, and she asked me if I was okay a million times. Sighing, I snapped, "Yes. I'm okay. How many times do I have to say it? Ugh." I felt bad instantly as the worried look on her face became hurt. 
 
"Ah... i'm sorry... i'll just go now." She turned back and walked off. Great, Soori. You just made your best friend sad. Feeling sad, I decided to go to the park nearby to cool off and relax.
 
"Soori! Where have you been? I've been searching for you for the whole day!" Hakyeon bounced up to me. 
 
"Um... I was in class? Talking about class, why didn't you show up? The professor is angry." I asked, trying to change the topic.
 
"I had to help my mum run an errand! She called me during break and I had to rush home. Hehe." He said with an awkward smile. Lies. 
 
"I see." I said with a harsh tone, without realising. He noticed my tone and it seemed like he wanted to say something but he didn't.
 
"Where are you going? Want to chill at my place?" He cheerfully asked, and suddenly it felt like all my worries were gone. 
 
"I was just going to the park, but yeah, sure. Let's go." I replied him, and he seemed happy.

 

 
"Hello Mrs. Cha!" I greeted her as we walked into the house.
 
"Ah, hello! It's been a long time since you came. I baked some cookies today, please help yourself!" She smiled, and I realised that Hakyeon looks like his mum more than his dad. I smiled and we walked into his room. It's not the first time I came to his house. He closed the door and sat down on the bed beside me. Before you start thinking of anything weird, we were just sitting down!!! It's kinda unusual though, normally he would talk non-stop for minutes. Or even hours. 
 
"What's wrong? Why are you so quiet today?' I asked, staring at him.
 
"Oh, um, what do you mean quiet? I've always been like this." He replied, and he played around with his fingers. A habit of his whenever he was nervous.
 
"Hey, I know you. What's wrong?' I asked again.
 
He sighed, "I like this girl. She's pretty, cute and funny. She's caring and kind and weird and she does all those crazy things and she doesn't care if people judges her or not. Ugh. She's driving me crazy." My mentally gasped, he was talking about me. And it felt weird, because I knew that he likes me, but he doesn't know that I know.
 
"Um, try confessing to her?" I replied, and I felt like hiding in a hole because I was asking him to confess to me. Fortunately, he didn't know. 
 
"I would do it if I had the guts... but everytime I look at her my heart stops." He sighed once more and rolled around his bed. I laughed at his behaviour.
 
"Stop doing that. You look retarded." I tried to change the topic, and it worked because he pouted, and I felt like pulling all of my hair out.
 
"Fine!" He childishly replied, and I laughed again.

 

 

My alarm rang and I was up almost immediately, because I was looking forward to Hakyeon's confession. He told me that he was going to confess to the "girl he likes" today. How am I going to react to it? Meh, we'll see.
 
I arrived at school earlier than usual, maybe it was because I rushed to school. I looked around and did not see him anywhere, so I just went to my locker to take out my books for the first period. When I opened my locker, a note with a heart sticker dropped out. I picked it up and read it.
 
"Meet me at the rooftop after school. ;) 
  Don't be late!!!
               
                             -Your Secret Admirer ❤"
 
I chuckled as I knew who it was from; Hakyeon. I couldn't wait for the day to end.

 

The school bell rang and I packed my bag in record time.

"Jaekyung! I'll be going first! Bye!" I shouted over to Jaekyung, who was still packing her bag and walked off without waiting for her reply. I brisk walked to the rooftop, and my legs were aching as there were god-knows how many flights of stairs you had to climb before reaching the rooftop. I sat down and waited for the "secret admirer" to arrive.

I sat down for a few minutes before a panting Hakyeon pushed the door open. He chuckled nervously and made his way to me.

"Hey." He casually said it, like he wasn't gonna confess or anything. Not like I was waiting for the confession. I nodded as a sign of acknowledgement and continued to stare at the city.

"So, um, you know what you and I are here for, right?' He nervously asked, and I nodded with a slight smile. He took a deep breath.

"The girl I like is you. I don't know, and I don't care if you don't return the feelings, but this has been bugging me for so long that I need to tell you right now." He took another deep breath, and started singing.

"Even if I’m not a good talker, please understand me

I will tell you all of the truth that I’ve been keeping

Do you remember the day we first met?"

Yes. The coffee shop...

"Your pretty lips smiled at me

After that day, I was determined

That I never want to lose you from my embrace

That I will go till the end

Saying I love you with words might not be enough but

Still I will confess to you today

I wanna be with you, always from a step behind you

Don’t forget there’s a person who will protect you

After I met you, I found something to do

It is to make you smile all day, every single day

There might be times when I’m really busy but

In my head, there are only thoughts of you"

I started to tear up, because I finally realised my own feelings.

"Saying I love you with words might not be enough but

Still I will confess to you today

When you tell me to cheer up

When your eyes are looking at me

Those things make me exist right now

I have nothing else to tell you but I love you

Thank you so much for waiting for me till the end

For looking at me without shaking

Lean on me, believe in my love

Let’s be together for always, forever

I love you, I need you.

I love you, I need you.

It’s only you for always

Stay by my side, I’ll comfort you

Let’s love as if the world stopped like this

Thank you for being you"

By the time he finished the song, I was bawling, like literally bawling.

"H-hey, what's wrong?! Ah, I knew it... The song was bad, and my singing skill is terrible..." He looked disappointed.

"No! It's because I finally realised my own feelings, that I like you too, scratch that, I love you." I said, in between sobs. He smiled the happiest smile I have ever seen and hugged me. 

"Hush, don't cry... I hate seeing you cry!" My face snuggled in his chest, his hands rubbing my back and all I could smell was his sweet scent. I finally calmed down and broke the hug.

"To be honest... I knew that you liked me since the day that girl confessed to you. I was there. Hehe." I told him, and his face became red with embarrassment. I pinched his cheeks and laughed.

"So, we're going out now?' He asked, and I started laughing because he was so dumb, ugh.

"Of course, you kid."

He grinned and hugged me again, this time pecking my lips.


 

"Your face was freaking hilarious. I should have taken a photo of it!" He exclaimed, and I immediately got up to hit his head. 

"UGHHH I WILL KILL YOU ONE DAY!!!!" I shouted at him in embarrassment.

"You can't, you love me too much to kill me." He smirked and I felt like rubbing his face on the ground.

"After all, I was the first one who's confession made you cry."

"GODDAMN, YOU LITTLE BIT-"

Then he kissed me. And I couldn't help but melt into the kiss. I could feel him smile into the kiss, and he pulled back. We cuddled and he suddenly said, "I'm glad to have you. Thank you for being you. I love you." 

"I love you too." I smiled and kissed him.


 

Hakyeon's scenario is done! I changed the story a bit, from the first part. Instead of Hakyeon asking if she remembers how they met, he asks if she remembers how he confessed to her. Also, the song is Love Letter!