Volume 01 - Chapter 01

High School with Seul Mi - Just Friends Arc

Introducing the main characters:-
Han Seul Mi the protagonist of the story, the only female in Class D and the only female to be close to the leader of the class;
Yoon Doo Joon is the male protagonist, Class D's leader who is lazy and hates girls;
Lee Gi Kwang is quiet most the time, he's the maturest but gets teased most the time;
Son Dong Woon is the tallest from the group, always pissing Hyun Seung off and is known as a glutton;
Yong Jun Hyung has the biggest temper, he loves to fight and loves to pick one too;
Jang Hyun Seung is the most cleanest and mannered one, he's always smacking Dong Woon for his sillyness and is always teased for looking girly;
and lastly Yang Yo Seob is almost always seen with his camera, he loves taking videos which weirds his friends out and he is the type who believes in "justice".


If you like this story and are joined to FaceBook then please check out the page for High School with Minako and support it by "LIKE"-ing it. Thank you^^

Credits: I would like to thank Miya @ LeeMi's Graphic Request Shop for her amazing Poster and Background!

~*~*~*~

NEW GIRL, RUMOURS AND A HAUNTING PAST

“Oi, Doo Joon!”

The morning sun of the midsummer season glistened down upon the picturesque landscape of the massive sprawling grounds of the Yeogang High. A light breeze was sweeping in and rustling through the still autumn leaves that covered the ground with red, orange and yellow. Their autumn leaves were gently taken from their branches and were gliding through the cool air like a feather. With no clouds in the powder blue sky, no one could have asked for a better day in which to enjoy the outdoors, and many of the students were doing so, except for one senior.

Tucked out of view, and hidden on the high roof top of the South Building, a third year student of Yeogang High was dozed off in a lazy manner out in the middle of the roof. His arms were tucked behind his head like a cushion to rest against the hard surface of the cement pavement. The third year dressed in the black blazer and black slacks of the boy’s uniform looked to be fully enjoying such a pleasant day in a way completely opposite to how others would spend theirs. A book lay on his face blocking the sunlight.

“Doo Joon!” his name was called out again. Yet he did not move until someone came and took the book from his face and hit his forehead causing him to bolt upright.

“Whaaa-t!” Yoon Doo Joon exclaimed. He saw his friends crowding around him, dressed in the same attire as him. He looked at his best friend, Lee Gi Kwang, who held his English book. He snatched the book back and smacked his arm.

“Apho!” Gi Kwang, the second youngest from the group, cried out. Even though he was the second youngest he’d use his brain more than the others. If Doo Joon didn’t use most of his free time sleeping he would have been seen as the clever one. “Mianhae.”

He looked at the rest of his friends. They had big grins on their face. “What do you guys want?”

“Guess who is looking for you,” Son Dong Woon said in a sing-song voice. Dong Woon was the tallest from the group at the height of 5’11” and the one who looked the oldest. If Dong Woon could be described with one word it would be ‘gluttonous’. He eats anything and everything. Food revolves around his friend.

“If its Eun Moon then I don’t want to know,” Doo Joon said, stretching his arm.

“Come on,” his other friend, Yong Jun Hyung pleaded. Jun Hyung was known for having the biggest temper, always up for a fight and his rough appearance spoke for itself. “She’s like the most popular girl in the school!”

“Every guy dreams of the girl!” Jang Hyun Seung practically yelled wanting his point to get through to his friend but instead got a not interesting look. The group sometimes found Hyun Seung the weirdest. He was all about tidiness and sometimes called ‘neat freak’ by them. Because of his ‘neatness’ he’d always end up arguing and fighting with Dong Woon the most since he liked to eat without any table manners.

“Then why don’t you go after her since she’s ‘every guys dream girl’. To me she’s just annoying,” Doo Joon said. He stood up in a matter of fact tone. “Didn’t the bell ring already?”

Yang Yo Seob, nodded his head. Yo Seob was a camera freak. He loved filming almost anything and everything. Even though he was the youngest, he looked the youngest from the group with his baby faced features. He was also the most immature one - along with Dong Woon. “The bell went off ages ago.”

“When did you ever care about class?” Gi Kwang questioned him.

“When did you guys become boring to hang out with?” Doo Joon retorted with a question.

The group of friends glared at him angrily. “So we became boring for you, your highness?” Hyun Seung sarcastically remarked. They all stood up.

“Yeah, so boring that I nearly died a thousand times!” Doo Joon said with a big grin on his face.

“Doo Joon, you lazy bastard, you are going to regret saying that!” Dong Woon yelled.

They plunged forward towards him. Doo Joon was quick to move, running into the building and then down the stairs.

 

~H~S~W~S~M~
 

A brunette looked up at the sign that was in front of the huge building. Yeogang High School. She forced upon a smile. Dressed in a black plaited skirt and a sailor white top with blue ribbon on the collar, she took a deep breath. This is her new school, with new uniform, new students and teachers. It was her new life. She wondered what kind of students attended this school.

“Okay!” Han Seul Mi took a deep breath and exhaled heavily. “Don’t be scared! You will be fine!” she assured herself.

Even as she said it she didn’t feel any different to the queasy feeling in her stomach. She walked through the gates. She heard the bell ring making her pace quicken. Late during the first day - not good! With much difficulty she found the teachers room. She knocked and waited patiently.

“Come on in!” someone shouted from the other side of the door.

Seul Mi opened the door slowly and walked inside. The place was practically deserted. Only two teachers and the head teacher - she assumed - were seated behind their desks.

“My name is Han Seul Mi, the new transfer student,” she said loudly and clearly. And then she bowed.

“Han Seul Mi,” the head teacher spoke. “You are ten minutes late!”

“Mianhamnida,” Seul Mi apologized, still in a bowing position.

“Come and take your lesson schedule and your homeroom teacher, Kim-sonsaengnim, will take you to your class,” the head teacher said, disappointment dripping in his voice.

The brunette stood up straight. “Neh!”

She turned to look at the teacher who stood up upon hearing his name. Kim Hyun Joong looked like he was in his mid twenties. For a split second he reminded her of her brother’s friend. He had long reddish-brown hair that was tied in a low pony with curly fringes sticking out at one side of his face.

“Annyong, Seul Mi,” Hyun Joong said stopping her from thinking any further. He had a genuine smile on his face that nearly made her blush.

“Please take care of me!” she said. She bowed once at him.

Hyun Joong chuckled lightly. “Please take care of me as well,” he bowed his head.

A grin formed on her face. Even if the head teacher wasn’t nice, the homeroom teacher was which made her feel happy.

“Ahem,” the head teacher cleared his voice.

Seul Mi quickly went to the head teacher’s desk and took the paper that he had placed in front of her. She took the piece of paper that had her lesson schedule on. “Please excuse me.” She bowed.

The head teacher was taken aback by her good manners. “Ah, yes,” he managed. He cleared his throat then motioned for her to leave.

Seul Mi followed the teacher out, not before respectfully bowing the other teacher that was in the room. The teacher bowed her head.

As she stepped out the room she heard the teacher talking to the head teacher.

“Is it okay for a nice girl like her to be in that class?” fear was heard in her voice.

“We don’t have any other classes available,” the head teacher said.

“But what if…” the teacher’s voice could no longer be heard as the door closed firmly behind her.

She wanted to hear what they had to say. What if what?

“Are you coming?” Hyun Joong asked. He was already walking ahead of her.

She had to run to catch up with him. When she was walking beside him, she fidgeted with her fingers. Is it okay for a nice girl like her to be in that class? The teacher’s voice rang in her head. Were they that bad? It couldn’t be that bad, could it? After all they have a great teacher?

“Um…” she began.

The teacher glanced at her. “Is there something wrong?”

“Um… what kind of…” she heard loud racket behind them. She ignored it since the teacher was doing the same. “What kind of…”

She couldn’t finish off her sentence when someone bumped into her making her fall forward. She was too startled to control herself, falling on her hands and knees with a thud. “Ow ow ow ow!” she cried out, looking up only to gaze into a pair of gray orbs. She caught her breath. She was lost in his warm eyes. The guy in front of her, who was the one who pushed her and had also fallen on the floor, stared back. She wasn’t the only one who had fallen into a daze. Her heart thumped against her chest and her nerves tingled from head to toe in response.

“Doo Joon!” a bunch of guys from behind called out.

“Han Seul Mi,” Hyun Joong bent down. “Kwaenchana?”

Seul Mi was forced out of her world-stopped-spinning few seconds of staring and looked up at the teacher. As if reality struck her she cried out in pain as her knee hurt.

Doo Joon, the guy who bumped into her, also looked as if he snapped out of his trance. He glanced behind her to the bunch of guys who were running towards them. “Mianhae,” he smiled. He scrambled up and ran the opposite direction of the way the guys were coming.

She watched him run off, disappearing around the corner as his friends chased after him. The teacher helped her up.

“If you were sorry you wouldn’t have been smiling,” she muttered to herself.

“That’s just the way he is,” the teacher said hearing her muttering.

“The way he is?” she asked.

“You’ll find out soon enough,” he said. “Can you walk?”

Seul Mi let go of the teacher’s arm to try to walk only to limper. She had grazed her knees and it was visible. “Does it look bad?” She looked down at her now red knees. Her skirt was just above her knees which wasn’t helpful.

Hyun Joong pressed his lips together trying to find a nicer way to answer.

“That bad?” she raised her eyebrow. She then thought of a way to cover it up. “Is it okay if I put on my gym pants?”

The teacher nodded. She clasped her hands together happily, taking off her white slippers and putting her bag on the floor. She rampaged through her bag and got out a black gym pants that had two white lines at both sides.

Hyun Joong realised that she would put it on in front of him. He quickly excused himself but not before giving her instruction to where the class was.

She put on her gym pants slowly as her knees still stung. She had refused to go to the nurses’ office since it was neither a cut nor was it bleeding. Once she fixed herself up she made her way to the classroom.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes
Translation:

Apho: Ouch!

Mianhae/Mianhamnida: Sorry/I'm sorry/excuse me.

Sonsaengnim: Teacher

Neh: “Yes”

Annyong/Annyong haseyo : Good morning.

Kwaenchana?: Are you alright?