My status is single but my heart was taken

My status is single but my heart was taken

My status is single but my heart was taken. I never want others girl but her. She’s my everything even though I know she doesn’t see me in that way. She's beautiful just the way she is. With just a simple smile from her my life was brightening. I never imagined that our first encounter can make my life upside down. Even though I was young at that age to know what love was but from that very point I know I want to protect her.

My name Kwon Ji Yong and my only love Kim Hyuna.

Yes. I’m Jiyong aka G-Dragon from Big Bang and also a solo artist in YG.  I know her before both of us become an idol. It was a secret from everyone when we act as if we don’t know each other. It was supposed to be a secret. Even though we both are busy, we will still meet up when we were free. My mother and her mother were close friends that she will often come to my house and have dinner or even visit my mother whenever she free.

A year passed, our image or appearance as an idol has changed throughout the year but Hyuna was still the Hyuna I know. Even though her image on stage as a y diva but when she off stage she was so much different. But no matter what her image was as an idol I still love her the way I love her for years. She was still the Hyuna I love. Her passion towards dancing wasn’t a joke. Whenever she stands on stage, her aura was so strong that you can’t take your eyes off from her.

Today as usual she will be coming to my house for dinner and I always make sure I’m detached from my schedule so that I can go home. She always makes herself free once a month to drop by even when her mother has passed away. Her mother was her life and her mother was her strength. When her mother passes away she becomes a dead person without a soul. She too, didn't eat nor drink anymore. She shuts herself up inside her room doesn’t care what happen outside. She may look strong but actually her heart was like glasses that can be broken easily.

And because of this she drops out from Wonder Girl. She gives up her dream her passion. It takes 2 years for her to recover from her pain when I always stay by her side and give her all my strength. It really hurt me to see her in pain and keep everything inside her petite body. She stops crying ever since her mother passes away. I rather she cries out all the pain than keeping all her pain inside her that hurt her even more. She even cut herself when she was left alone. According to the psychologist say, her emotional pain she keeps inside was overflowing that she decides to transfer her pain to physical pain.

Every day I will stay by her side in case she has done something stupid again. Even though during that time I was busy with my work but it never stops me from staying by her side. Every day I will sing to her or more like rap to her. Same as me she was a rapper in Wonder Girl too. Her voice was so unique that it helps to cover her rapping skill. I will compose songs for her to listen. Sometime I will even dance in front of her too. I know she still has the passion for becoming an idol again so I need to do something about it to pull her back.

Almost a year has passed but everything still remains the same. She never speaks nor cry. She never eats nor drinks. We basically have to feed her to eat and drink. She was like a human without a soul. One day when I was singing “Breathe” to her which was my new compose song, she finally makes a soft sound that I miss so much. Day by day has passed and I still have the same routine. I still compose song for her and dance for her but this time it totally different. She will smile and look at me sometimes she even has the urge to dance with me. I know her favorite dancing style and I always will make funny moves to make her smile or laugh.

After 2 years of healing, she finally back to the Hyuna I first saw. She back to entertainment world under Cube Entertainment and become part of 4Minute. She was the main rapper, main dancer and the face of her group. Because of her, I have released my first solo album. Almost all the song that was input into this album was written when I was with her during the past 2 years. She was busy with her debut when I was busy with my solo album but I will still send her my greeting or even call her up.

Time passes really fast. She became popular through the years. Our company has invited her to feature in PSY Hyung music video and it became a hit throughout the world. They even create a female version of Gangnam style for her singing with PSY Hyung. I was happy to see her around and she was having so much fun when she is filming the video.

“Ji Oppa.” I heard Hyuna shouted through the house when I step into the house. I saw her running to me when she was wearing a yellow apron with a spoon in her hand. She hugs me tightly when I return her the hug but not as tight as she gives me

“Oppa. How have you been?” Hyuna asked breaking the hug away from me and smiling brightly to me. Those are the smile that I miss a lot.

“Great.” I answer simply when taking off my shoes

“I thought you can’t make it today.” Hyuna asked and smile happily

“Today my schedule was free so I thought I should come back home.” I say. But actually I am forcing my manager to push my entire schedule away to make myself free today when I know Hyuna will back home today.

“OK. Dinner will be ready. You have your bath first. Once is done I will call you down.” Hyuna turn back to the kitchen jumping happily. She looks a wife to me when she behaves this way and this is why I always will be home when she will come back home. Before I forget, since the day her mother passes away she has been staying at my house. She became part of my family. But it's sad that she thought I treat her like my little sister but actually I want her to become my girlfriend. But I can’t blame her when she thinks that way. It was really my way that I treat her make her think that way.

As usual she will help my mother to cook dinner and stay overnight. She will keep talking and talking when I will just listen to her while we having our dinner together with our family. She was smiling happily eating her rice.

“Hyuna-ah. Have you found yourself a boyfriend?” My mother suddenly asks out of the blue but I was curious whether she has a not. Many idols take Hyuna as their ideal type which make me very jealous when I just told the media that my girl is not an artist and only one person in a long time.

“Ani. But I have someone I love.” Hyuna say looking down at her bowl and blushing at her answer. She has fallen in love with someone? Who was that? Was it Junhyung? I heard a lot of rumors about her and Junhyung and how they interact with each other. But she always says Junhyung was just a brother to her and after I know Junhyung was dating Hara I was in a relief. But now they have broken up that make me more anxious with Hyuna answer.

“Mwo? My Hyuna have grown up. Who was that? Was he an idol like you?” My father asked while I look closely at Hyuna reaction. She nodded her head

“Yeah. He was an idol too.” Hyuna say

“Mwo? My Hyuna have become secretive to her personal life already. How about you tell us how was he?” My mother says. Yeah. Both my parent love Hyuna a lot. It can even more than me. They basically treat her like their daughter.

“He was a great rapper in his group. He was always being by my side when I have a tough time. His inner self and outer self were different. People might see him as a playboy but actually he wasn’t.” Hyuna say thinking of how to describe him and start to giggle at what she says.

My moods have spoilt because of that. I was complete silence and I lost my appetite and I put down my spoon and greet my parent and left for my room. Before I left the table I have a peek at Hyuna. She was looking at me with worry face as if I was sick or something. Yeah. I’m sick. I have love sick.

Knock Knock

I heard the knock when I was lying on my bed looking at the door

“It's me.” Hyuna shouted and open the door just enough for small head to be out of the door.

“Are you busy? Can I come in?” Hyuna ask again. I sit straight from my bed and pat my bed asking her to sit on my bed, without saying anything. Yeah. I don’t speak much but she somehow gets used to this.

“Are you OK? You didn’t eat much just now” Hyuna ask and put her hand over my head

“I’m fine.” I say assure and pull her hand away and she pout at me

“I know something bothering you.” She says and sit on my lap when I lay back on the back of the bed with my leg straighten facing me

“You’re thinking too much.” I say trying to hold myself from looking at her

“YAH. LOOK AT ME WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU.” Hyuna put both her hand on my head and pull my face looking straight at her puffy cheek. Her angry but worry expression was shown on her face. I know she was worried about me and I really do want to tell her how much I love her but I can’t. I just don’t want to ruin the relationship between us. Before she became an idol she have a boyfriend but it turns out that he cheated on her. She runs to me cries telling me everything. After hearing everything from her, the next day I beat that ex-boyfriend of hers up.

“YAH. KWON JI YONG. I’M TALKING TO YOU.” Hyuna shouted and pulling me out of my thought

“I’m listening.” I say

“What thing bothering you? Are you going to tell me?” Hyuna tell from her pout face to a worried face

“Ani. I just tired from my work.” I say but she doesn’t see convince with my lie.

“If you say so, then close your eyes now and relax a bit.” She says and gives up knowing that I wouldn’t tell her anything. I do what she says and relax a bit with her still sitting on top of me. Aish, such a torture to me.

She begins to massage my head like she usually will act to relieve my burden. Don’t know how, but she always has the ability making relief my thought and me become calmer. 

“Hehe.” I heard Hyuna giggling

“What are you giggling at?” I asked still closing my eyes

“Do you know that you look like the person I in love with? He always has a frowny face when something bothering him yet doesn’t want to say anything.” She says still laughing however my heart was really aching when she say that

“Have you confessed to him yet?” I asked not showing my pain

“Ani. He very popular and many girls take him as their ideal type. I don't think I would stand a chance. You know well about me and my hater.” She say but with a sad tone when saying about her hater. Yeah. Her fame increase with many fans increase but at the same time her hater increase too. Their words have hurt her real hard that she stop twittering and this really hurt me when she have to say about her hater

“Why are you bothering about your haters? As an idol everyone will have haters. Even I myself have haters too. We are not perfect to get everyone happy or like us. People who like you appreciate you but if the people don’t like you then just don’t bother about it. Like and dislike is a feeling that we can’t control. So take your hater as your strength and make yourself stronger and remember that many people out there love you more than just you think.” I say and patted her head.

“And back to your crush. Just confess to him. If he really doesn’t like you the way you like him, so what? He just happens to be a person that never found out that you a treasure to him.” I say. Yeah, what I told her wasn’t what I’m doing.

“How about you, oppa? I know Dara unnie and you are close and many fans ship both of you too.” She say with curious face

“Dara and me just friends and label mate nothing more. Stop thinking something that not possible.” I say

“How do you know not possible? You can even put your arm on her shoulder. This wasn’t just friendship anymore.” She says, folding her arm in front of her chest and raising her eyebrow

“We just best friend. And Dara already has a boyfriend who happens to be my friends.” I say looking straight at her not going down to her chest

“Then who do you like? I want to know who the lucky girl was. I have known you for so many years but you never talk about girls before and you just happen to date one girl and you never bring her to us to see.” She whine and pouting moving closet to me.

Yeah. After I say about the girl on the variety show, Hyuna start to ask me about that girl. So I basically just make up a lie saying that a girl was someone she doesn’t know and we date secretly that no one know. But actually that girl I in love was Hyuna which no one really knows.

“I can’t tell you who was that when you also keeping yours to yourself.” I say trying to stop her from asking

“If I tell you mine you will tell me yours?” She asked looking straight at me with a dare face

“Yeah. If you tell me yours I will tell you mine.” I say

“What if I tell you mine and you never tell me yours? You have a secret girlfriend that even me as your childhood friend doesn’t know. How can I believe you?” She asked. Aish. She really sees through my plan

“OK. How about like this. We write down that person's name on the paper and exchange with one another?” I turn and put out from my side table for a pen and a piece of paper and tear the paper in half

“OK. But you can’t cheat. You must write her name. If happen to be fake, I will never speak to you again.” She threatens me. OK. What am I going to do now? Am I going to write down the real name or just a random name that she never heard before? But what if she found out? She will be going to ignore me and she wasn’t easy to please her when she really ignores me. It takes months for her finally talk to me.

“OK. Have you written down the name?” Hyuna ask looking at me and I nodded my head.

We exchange the paper and slowing I open up and head up looking at her directly after I open it in shock. I was completely speechless.

“The pabo that I was sitting on”

When she opens up the paper, she has the same reaction as me. But I saw something that I have been waiting for years. Her Tears! She never has tears for years ever since the last time her mother passed away. I lean forwards and capture her lips and caress her face with tears rolling down her face while I was smiling like an idiot.

“The beautiful girl who was sitting on my lap”

 

 

 

 

 

() The End ()