Overprotective Family

Fallen

Your POV

Hyuk seems too find that funny and I notice my cousin/adoptive brother at my doorstep when we get there.

f3tKj3uDaK0LdBTPgU62NmTKhaxTJ5Kb9bfWd_-Y

Oh no… this isn’t going to be pretty.

“Jaida,” he calls out to me.

When we reach him he pulls me into his arms and covers me with his arms in a protective embrace.

I look up too see him glaring at Hyuk.

“Oppa, what are you doing?”

“Waiting for you. I thought we were going to go shopping today.”

“Oppa, I told you that I was going to go job hunting again today.”

Again I notice that Jin is glaring at Hyuk and Hyuk is trying to ignore it.

The look Jin is giving him seems to be making Hyuk uncomfortable.

“Ya, oppa let’s go inside already. I’m hungry. We have too celebrate me finding a job that pays well.”

“Really?”

This draws his eyes away from Hyuk and I wave to Hyuk, “Bye, I’ll talk to you at school.”

Hyuk nods his head as he waves me off.

When we enter the house my brother is staring at me as he asks, “Who was that?”

“He’s a friend of mine.”

“I know all your friends and he’s not one of them.”

“He just transferred here yesterday. So he’s a new friend.”

“What’s his name?”

I look at my brother, “Why should it matter to you? What is he too you? I have other guy friends that have walked me home and you never threw a fit before what is it you have against him?”

“He’s not… There’s something about him that makes me uneasy.”

“Says the guy who has invisible wings on his back.”

Jin looks at me and growls, “You know those are my angel wings.”

“Yeah, so what?”

“Jaida, you have too be careful. I’m here to protect you.”

“From what yourself. Oppa… You realize that you’re dead. You’re nothing but a ghost with a physical form.”

Jin’s face looks like I had hit him hard in the face… I’ve never fought with him before… not like this.

When he speaks his voice is weak and scared of something, “Sis…”

“What are you going to say some bull about what my name means? Well let me tell you it never says what kind of wings.”

I stomp off as my mother walks into view, “Jaida, what’s wrong?”

“Ask your stupid son,” I grumble as I walk right past her.

“Jin Sang, what did you say too your sister too anger her this time.”

“Nothing. I just told her the truth nothing else.”

“What did you say to her?”

“That she should be careful around her new friend that’s all.”

I get to my room and shout down the stairs, “I can still hear you, you know that right.”

It goes silent and I nod my head.

As I enter my room I throw my bag onto my desk and lay on it pulling out the ever changing feather.

I stare at it as I see that it had changed into a dark grey.

“What’s up with this feather?” I ask myself as I hold it up too the light too see the transition.

I stand up and walk over to my bookshelf and pull one of my longer antique books. The book is supposed to be based on true stories and one is about this small group of fallen angels that slowly turned into demons, but  there’s a legend that they can be saved.

I smile as I set the feather marking that page.

There’s a knock at my door and my mother walks in.

I close the book hiding the feather from view as I put the book back into it’s proper place on the shelf.

“Hi, mom do you need anything?”

“It’s just that your brother is really worried about you and he keeps claiming that the kid has this huge demon inside of him.”

I chuckle, “Really. Mom, Jin is just saying that cause he’s really protective over me, but all Hyuk has done is help me. He saved me twice already today.”

“Really?”

I nod my head, “I almost fell down the stairs at school and he caught me. Then I was almost hit by a car cause I wasn’t paying attention and he pulled me back.”

“He seems like a nice enough kid from that, but I’d like to meet him. Also what is this I hear that you got a job?”

“I got a job at a local cafe near my school. Hyuk’s adoptive brother’s own it. We had stopped in and one of his brother, Leo, was the only one out front so I helped him out a bit. Cause I worked fast and efficiently without any prior experience.”

“Really?”

I nod my head and my mother wraps me up in her arms.

“Mom, let me go.”

“No, I can't let my daughter go when I’m so proud of her.”

“I’m going to go to work with you tomorrow.”

“No, you are not going to work with me.”

“Yes, I am. I have too see what kind of place you’re going to be working at.”

“Mom, I’m not a child you don’t have to go to work with me.”

“Yes, you are and you’re my child.”

I sigh as I push her out of my room only leaving my room when the food is ready.

When my family starts talking about my work and new friend I leave the table after excusing myself.

Alone in my room I look at my bookshelf and pull the book down opening it too the page the feather marks.

I look at it as I read a page only too have my phone go off.

I look at it too see that it’s from Hyuk.

“I got your number from hyung. I wanted to ask if we can walk school together tomorrow.”

“That’d be great… I leave for school at 7.”

“Alright, see you then.”

I smile as I lock my phone and place it on my chest.

 

In the morning I dress in my school uniform and leave the house too find Hyuk outside waiting for me.

“Good morning,” he nods his head.

I peek over my shoulder as I push him forward.

“Why are you pushing me?”

“My mother already wants to come into work with me today so it’s alright skipping out on them in the morning.”

He nods his head still looking confused and I smile as we head too school for the day.

 

School ends and we leave too make it to Only You… Cafe.

When we reach it I walk into the bathroom and change into my black skinny jeans and white button up shirt. I add a loosely tied tie around my neck.

When I walk up front Leo looks at me and nods his head, “That looks nice. It seems to fit pretty well with what i ask the guys too wear.”

I look up too see my mother and I quickly hide behind the counter.

Leo looks around as he walks over to the counter and asks, “Why are you hiding?”

“My over protective mother is here… How did she find out where I work?”

“You didn’t tell your mother where you worked?”

“No duh, in my family I need some secrets so this doesn’t happen.”

N walks up front and asks loudly, “Why is the newbie hiding behind the counter?”

I jump up and hit N on the head and he glares at me, “Ya, don’t hit me I’m your boss.”

“Who owns the place?” N points too Leo and I nod my head, “So you’re not my boss. Leo is and I bet he’d love for you too talk normally in his cafe.”

Slowly I look over too see my mother looking shocked as she looks my way. With how fast she moved it sort of worried me.

“Hi, mom.”

She grabs my hand and starts pulls me out of the restaurant, “You’re not working here,” she says to me when we’re outside.

“Mom, this is the only place that is willing to hire me and I know they won’t try anything.”

“How do you know that? You’re working with… only men,” mom is trying to hide something.

“Mom…”

Before I can say more Hongbin and Leo come outside, “Mrs. Yang, you don’t have to worry about your daughter. We’re just here to look after her. We’ve been trying to find a competent with the register and customers. We’ve been doing really well with people wanting to try out the cafe, but since she helped out yesterday we had people come in 2 days in a row. I believe she can help us turn this cafe around for the better.”

“Fine, she can work here, but if anything happens too my daughter while she works here I”ll gladly sue you for everything you own.”

I look at my mother appalled by her. Stupid over protective family.  

Leo nods his head as he says to me, “You should go in and help out the customers.”

I don’t argue with him instead I simply nod my head and give my mother a look before I walk in and start my day.