First Day of School

Fallen

Hyuk’s POV

I wanted to be in, that girl, Jaida’s class, but I had no such luck

Instead I’m stuck in the classroom right next to her’s.

I had to be introduced to the class and I hated it, but when they said that it was lunch I happily ran to Jaida’s classroom and opened the door.

I almost lose it when i see a group of guys surrounding her and she just sits there smiling.

I can tell she’s not happy with one of them pulling the moves on her or at least trying.

I walk up and smile at her.

When she notices me and my smile her’s becomes real, “Hyuk.”

I smile as I say her name, “Hey, sorry to pull you away from these guys, but I was wondering if you’d eat with me since you're the only person I know here.”

I hope this whole ‘I’m a cute innocent kid’ will help her to pick me.

I don’t know what I’ll do if she picks these animals.

“Yes, of course how about we go eat outside it seems stuffy in here,” she moves her hand as if she smells something bad instead of like getting rid of a bad smell.

I almost feel my body jump in joy as I look at her.

I watch as she picks up her bag and walks out with me.

When we get outside she pulls out 2 small containers that in no way can feed a girl her size, “I know they are really small, but it’s cause my mom didn’t have any other clean food containers today.”

She seems to be ignoring the fact that I’m raging about those guys that she allowed to hit on her.

I want to ask her about them, but I can’t seem to find words to express what I want to say.

“I bet you’re wondering about those guys,” she says and I make no move to answer her so she continues, “They’re this annoying group of guys that love to harass me because they have nothing better to do. The main guy is always trying to get something from me. It’s disgusting.”

The look on her face as she says this makes me angry at the group of boys… it makes me want to go back and rip their off and make them eat them.

I feel a light hand on my arm and all those thoughts went away. I look down at my arm too see Jaida’s hand with the small black rose ring made of onyx on her promise finger. There is engraving on the side that matches the one on my ring.

1vjYzNMVYuP3-yaphLGsmCAQwVqrgmp2JevfNI-z0BuZRYtLGWtsSJqiAIc8AJWuUDz9aRIza1F02a3V

Still I can’t seem to read it.  I’ll try to ask her about it at a later date.

I look up at her and smile, “Well it’s a good thing that they aren’t by you anymore.”

I watch as she nods with a look that says that she doesn’t even believe those words that I had just spoken to her.

“Hyuk you’re pretty nice you know that. You always seem to be listening to what I have to say even though we met last night.”

I shrug my shoulders and ask her, “Have you started on the guitar yet?”

She shakes her head, “No, I had to stash it in Miss. Oh’s room since she’ll hide it from prying eyes.”

“Why?”

“Cause the principal hates my little projects afraid that I’ll ruin the school’s image.”

“That’s stupid,” I tell her, in a rougher tone then I plan, as I sit there with her.

She looks at me startled, “What makes you say that?”

I look at her and smile, “It seems like you love guitar and music, but you hide behind your little mask.”

I watch her blush and I notice I must have hit the nail head on.

Yet she gets mad, “Dont’ act like you know anything about me.”

“I don’t I just noticed a few things on our walk here.”

She gets a look of guilt on her face, “Look I’m sorry it’s just you saw my home.”

She’s right I did twice.

She looks over at me with a look that could only be explained as empty, “My dad ran off when I was little leaving my mom and I in a debt that he had created. I don’t even know if he’s still alive now. I use to work, but my mom made me quit my job since she was worried for me. My old boss was a bit handsy no matter what age or gender you were. He tried to get handsy with me and my cousin had stopped by to pick me up. He had sent my boss to the hospital with a few contusions and a concussion. I was obviously fired, but I didn’t care cause he didn’t put it on a permanent record or anything. Mostly because he thought my cousin would kill him.”

I watch as she reaches deeper into her bag and pulls out a notebook, but a white feather falls out at the same time.

I reach to pick it up and as I do it turns a dark shade of grey, but not close enough to be considered black.

It’s my feather that can just fallen off when I took off today after stopping by her home to check up on her to make sure she was safe.

I set the feather back at the ground quickly afraid that she had noticed, but no instead she sees it and smiles picking it up.

I notice as she picks it up she purifies the color back to white.

She simply smiles at me and says, “I found this outside my door today and it was all black, but after I picked it up it was white like this, white like snow.”

I watch a shiver run through her and I know she has some issues.

“Jaida, I know you have some issues and you know I have my own so let’s keep this between us alright. If you ever want to talk about something feel free to empty it all onto me. I’ll be your wall that you can lean up against to keep you up. I’ll be your bed to keep you warm and protect you when you are growing tired or ill.”

I watch her cheeks turn a pretty shade of pink and I want to ask my hyungs about this feeling that’s in my chest whenever I think of Jaida or when I see her.

I move her hair out of her face and see a slight scar that looks like a halo on the top of her forehead in the right corner right before her hairline.

I hear a bell and Jaida sighs, “That’s a warning bell telling us that we should head back to class.”

I nod my head as i watch her stand up.

As I go to push myself up I watch Jaida push her bangs behind one of her ears and reaches out for me, “Come on let’s go.”

The rest of my day went by slowly, but as the day ended I started to feel excited at the thought of seeing Jaida again.

I race out of my classroom to see Jaida waiting for me with a warm smile on her face.

She’s still there just like she promised.

Maybe all of this isn’t going to be as bad as I thought.