Chapter 5. Sleeping Beauty

Stealing You

EUNHYUKS POV

 

“BOA!” I reach out and catch her just before her body hits the ground. Music pounds in my ears as I frantically search her face for any response to what I’m saying.

“Yah! Get up! Holy , BOA!” people start to crowd around us and I can hear a reaction of gasps and gossip sweeping through the crowd. Dammit, I have to get her the hell out of here before someone snaps a few photos and this hits headlines.

Someone’s flash goes off and I realize they’re already trying to snap photos. I can’t let this happen. Quickly stripping my jacket off, I throw it over her head and lift her up onto my back leaving as fast as I can.

“oh my god it’s Eunhyuk!” .

Luckily Boa’s light as a feather, we reach Donghae’s car in no time and I manage to open the car door with one hand and sit her in the passenger’s seat and close the door. As soon as I get in the car, I turn on the heater since I can see the goose bumps clearly rising on her skin.

She looks so beautiful right now, so vulnerable and innocent. This is a side of her that no one really gets to see when she performs. I’ve always respected her. I debuted in a group and I had so many difficulties, especially being separated from my family, I could never have imagined how difficult it was for her being so alone and having no one to rely on. I could stare at her all night long. Reaching over to buckle her in, I can smell the alcohol on her and I laugh to myself. Even if she was drunk, dancing with her was amazing. Let’s hope she doesn’t remember in the morning. I knew as soon as she started dancing and jumping around that she was drunk, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity, so I took her advice and danced with her. Though I still don’t know where my sudden bravery came from.

“mmmm … hy… uk…jaaaaeee” My heart stops and I freeze on the spot. Did she just… say my name?

“hyuk… eunhyuk, … “ her brow furrows a little and she shuffles a little beneath me.

“boa, are you awake?” I whisper it softly incase she’s sleep talking.

“eunhyuk ah gaji maseyo!” she starts to shift more uncomfortably and her frown deepens, her eyes flutter open for a second to reveal tears.

“eunhyuk ah, don’t go to her. Don’t go to her, jebal.” She sobs to me softly. Making my jaw drop and eyes pop open at her.

“mwo? “

“eunhyuk ah…  Kajima… She’s gonna hurt you…” she whispers the sentence to me then drifts away to sleep again leaving me stunned and staring at her, silent and still for at least ten minutes afterwards.  

I finally lean back into the drivers chair and breathe out a long hard sigh. What the hell? She didn’t just say my name did she? Am I dreaming? Out of all the people in the world, she called for me. Starting the engine I take another long look at her sleeping baby face and start our journey back to the suju dorm.

30 minutes later…

“urgh, it’s so hard to unlock the door when im trying to balance her on my back aswell.” I grumble to myself as I fumble with the keys. Just when I find the right one, the door opens and Donghae’s on the other side with a massive goofy smile on his face.

“AHHHH FINALLY ! I thought you would never make it home! What the hell were you two….” he looks at boa and his eyes widen in concern

“yes, she is knocked out. No, I didn’t do it… well not exactly” I mumble

“give her here, go lock the car and grab her stuff out , if she has any and make take your blankets onto the couch” Donghae’s voice holds a lot of authority right now, I can tell he’s serious. He grabs her off my back and places her on his own, motioning for me to move.

“why do I have to sleep on the couch? That’s MY room!” I complain

“You have the couch because she’s a woman. I won’t let her sleep out in the open in a dorm full of men. Plus, you stay up all night on the couch watching tv anyway, so just shut up and do what I said”

Without any further argument or words he takes her to my room and comes back with my blankets throwing them at me.

“now make up your couch and quit complaining. I’m gonna have a shower, take some blankets into her okay? And no funny business or else.” He warns

“of course, I’m not a ert you know”

“ahuh sure your not” he just laughs and walks away.

After making my couch comfortable enough for tonight I take some blankets in for boa only to find that she’s rolled off the bed and lying on the floor shivering. I make the bed up for her and take in some extra pillows before pulling back the blankets and lifting her onto the bed. I sit down beside her on the bed just taking in the sight and tuck the blankets around her chin. I remember our dance from earlier and smile to myself. Without even thinking I end up her hair away from her face.

“boa, you really are beautiful you know that?” I whisper into her ear as if she could hear me. But she responded instantly.

“eun…h…yuuk…. Kajima” her brow furrows again and shes kicking in the blankets. Again, I don’t know how to respond so I just soothe her back to sleep

“I’m not going anywhere, I’ll stay right here.” I don’t know why I said that. Especially since it’s only our first date. Our first BLIND date. But something about her made me want to stay, want to be there for her, something made me want her even more than before.

“Goodnight boa.” I lean into her, absorbing the sweet scent of her, taking in every little detail about her as if it were my last, and I lightly plant a kiss on her forehead and push myself up off the bed. Suddenly something caught my wrist and I turned to see boa holding me back with her eyes slightly open.

“kajima eunhyuk ssi, stay with me please… don’t go to her…” she’s sobbing again

“go back to sleep” I croon

“andwae, stay with me… jebal” she softly tugs on my wrist and I sit back down on the bed.

“okay, I’ll stay for a little while till your asleep.”

“andwae, stay with me… don’t go to her again, please don’t go to her again… lie down with me hyukjae” her words are still slurred, revealing just how drunk she is.

“no , what kind of guy would I be if I took advantage of you in this state?”

“just lie down, ontop of the blanket if you want, just don’t leave me please”

I don’t know why I did, but I did exactly as she asked. I lay down on my side right next to her, face to face. I was still on top of the blanket so there was no accidental skinship, apart from her hand, which she was refusing to detach from my wirst.

So he3re I am, facing the gorgeous face of a goddess in my eyes. Exchanging glances with the girl I’ve had a one sided love with for the past couple of years.

“Gomawo hyukjae ah” she whispers and her eyes flutter closed again, tears roll off her eyes and tumble down over her nose. Using my free hand I wipe them away.

“hey, you still awake?” I ask

“hmmm”

“who were you talking about? Don’t go to who?” I ask , I had been curious since she first mentioned it.

“IU, don’t go to her, she’ll hurt you “ *sobs”*

My heart jumps into my throat. How did she even know I was seeing IU? Even my own suju members didn’t know, only Donghae. And why did she care at all.

“haha your drunk” I

“mmmm and you’re a good dancer” she laughs back at me and finally drifts off into a deep sleep.

I don’t know if she’ll remember this, or if she means any of it. But I will, and I do. No matter what happens tomorrow, tonight was worth it.

“goodnight beautiful” I whisper and kiss her on the lips.

 

“don’t go to her” the words repeat in my head as I fall asleep.

“don’t go to her” ringing in my ears

“don’t go to her” how did she know>?

 

 

NO POV

 

They both lay on the bed deep asleep, undisturbed. Donghae walks in to check on boa and sees hyuk on the bed with her

“yah lee hyuk jae, you really have no manners.” He laughs.

He turns around, about to exit when he hears eunhyuks phone vibrate. He couldn’t help himself and curiosity got the better of him, as soon as he picked up the phone off the floor, he opened the message

Message: yeobo, I’m so sorry for what I did, I’m sorry for breaking up with you. I saw you at the bar tonight, who was that girl? Anyways, I want to try again. I know you still love me.

Donghae read the message with clenched teeth and looked up at his best friend and Boa on the bed and started typing a reply

Reply: that’s my girlfriend. Don’t contact me anymore.

“im sorry eunhyuk, but I won’t let that girl ruin this just to hurt you again.” Donghae says in eunhyuk’s direction then deletes the messages, blocks her number and walks out. Locking the door behind him,