Seeking solace

100 Themed MBLAQ One Shots

Seungho walked out of the room, with sore eyes and heavy steps. He knew this would happen sooner or later. But, no matter he prepare for this, he would never ready for this. Everytime he look, he only remember the memories. He was the person who led Seungho, who took care of him. He was his hero. Seungho knew, his grandpa is in pain, and if he stays in this world, he'll feel more pain. But, now Seungho felt empty. He doesn't know what to do. Not without his guide.

He was lost in his thought, the next thing he know is that he was outside his dorm. He looked up to a soft ray of moonlight coming from the sky. He slowly unlocked the door and looked inside the dorm. It was empty. He figured everyone was in schedule. Until, a person suddenly sat up and gretted him.

"Hyung.." Joon said with a soft voice. He was aware that Seungho must've cried for a long time. Judging by the sore-ness of his eye. Seungho shows a faint smile, as he walked to his room.

"Hyung, do you want to talk?" He asked again.

"Umm, I don't think so Joon.."  He said softly.

"You know hyung, it might be easier if you talk to other people. It's okay, you can cry in front of me.. Just don't go to your room and cry by yourself. You know, shared pain is halfed." Seungho smiled and walk towards Joon. He sat down beside him in the sofa.

"It's just.. He's my hero Joonie. Even through we're total opposites." He said. 

"My grandfather who hated dyed hair, when I'm.. Well" He said, ruffling his silky, blonde locks.

"My grandfather who hated earrings, and I wear one." Seungho touched his earing on his left ear.

"My grandfather who would switch channels is he saw a dancing or singing program, when I'm a member of a boyband, who sings dance songs." He chuckled at the irony.

"My grandfather who hated left handed people, and I have a brother who I love so much, left handed." Joon smiled at this statement. Nodding in agreement.

"My grandfather was like that. B-but when I became a singer and appear on TV.." He can feel his eyes getting hot, he started to choke at his word.

"He would search for dancing and singing program just to look for me." He said as tears started to fall. Seeing this, Joon started to hug him tightly.

"A-And, even in the ICU, When he couldn't talk, couldn't even recognise anybody and do anything.." His voice started to get smaller and smaller.

"B-but when I came, He smiled and talk to me. Hell, he even laughed for me, Joonie!" Now he can't hold back his tears anymore. He started to cry on Joon's shoulder.

"I-It's gonna be okay, hyung." Joon said softly, trying to calm the elder. He didn't know what to do to comfort Seungho, at all.

"I know.." He said as he calmed down.

"I just really wanna thank him Joonie, but I didn't get a chance, I wanna say thankyou for smiling.. Smiling the last time for me." A faint smile formed in Seungho's lips.

"If only he could stay a little longer.. And see me, see us when we reached the top.. He would've been proud of me!"

"No. I might not know anything about your grandpa, But I'm sure he was already proud of you." Joon said.

"...Yes." Seungho answered. 

That night, they fell asleep on the couch, the other members got home and decided not to wake any of them and just put blankets over them. They knew Joon must've stayed for God knows how long calming Seungho.

And the efforts showed. The following morning, Seungho wasn't all gloomy anymore. He was back to his usual self. He would've never guessed, that the solace that he needed, he would found it in Joon's arms.

 


UGH TOOK ME SO LONG TO WRITE THIS! Probably not the best idea to watch SHINee's Hello right before writing sad chapter. I fell all fluffy inside. And watching It's War right after didn't help 

This is inspired by Seungho's letter to his late grandpa ^^;;;