One | Invertigo with Zhang Yixing.

Amusement Park with EXO.

 

Stepping through the glorious front gates of King's Island, there was a collective sigh of bliss from the twelve boys standing behind me. Almost instantly, Chanyeol and Jongin began jumping up and down like young children, begging to ride every single thing in the park. Laughing, I swatted at their hands as they continue poking either of my sides.

"We will!" I promised in between giggles, loving the wide smiles on their handsome faces. The pair high-fived before Joonmyun called for the eleven other boys and myself to circle around the group's leader.

"Why don't we let ____ decide, since she's familiar with the park and was kind enough to bring us here." Joonmyun chided the others lightly before giving me one of his infamous smiles, the dimple appearing in his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah!" Zitao bounced on his feet from his spot between Jongdae and Yi Fan.

"It is only fair." Minseok smiled so widely that his eyes practically disappeared.

"So which ride will it be, sweetheart?" Forever the sweet flirt, Yixing proped his chin on my shoulder, giving me a dimply smile.  

Pursing my lips I looked around, I took in the sights of the familiar theme park, smiling widely as I remembered many times here with firends and family before. I knew all the boys were adventurous but I don't think any of theme were quite ready to take on a monster coaster like the Diamondback just yet. "Hm...I don't know yet..."

"What about that?" Sehun pointed at the coaster that was set up just to the side of the entrance, on the other side of some games and stores. Taking the twisted behemoth made of blue and teal metal, I swallowed nervously. Invertigo. The name came to me instantly but I knew in all my years of coming here, I hadn't had quite enough courage to tame the thing.

"Uh oh, I don't think ____ is for that." Yi Fan replied to the maknae calmly, taking off his black sunglasses as his brows furrowed on his forehead.

I quickly shook my head, not wanting to ruin any of the boys' fun. It wasn't their first time in America but I wanted to make this trip to my home memorable. "No, no! I'll be fine! I've just never...been on that one before." I bit my lower lip, watching the the train of seats on it now thrash widely around the curls of metal.

A warm hand slid into mine and I looked up to see Yixing smiling down at me. "That makes two of us." A light blush tinted my cheeks causing the boys to laugh as they watched our shy interaction.

"Well, we all know who's riding with ____ first." Chanyeol pouted, the cute expression a complete contrast from his baritone voice, sending a playful glare in Yixing's direction.

The twelve boys and I began making our way to the line, which wasn't that bad for it being right after the park opened for the day. Standing with Yixing's hand still in mine, I found myself looking up at the train as it launched up from the station, the riders all screaming in excitement before they were launched out of the station, up to the top where they rested before launched down at full speed.

"____?" Jongin's usual smiling face popped into my line of sight as he looked at me with a frown on his plump lips. "You're not going to get sick, are you?"

"Or cry." Luhan spoke up softly from the other side of Yi Fan, who towered over me on my left. Yixing squeezed my hand, making me to look up at the Chinese boy, a worried expression on his handsome face.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" He asked softly, in his usual calm manner.

Looking up at his pretty brown eyes, I found myself nodding, trying my hardest to block out the screams of the riders ahead of us. "I-I think I'll be okay."

Without the slightest bit of warning, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun began singing 'Baby Don't Cry', completely ruining the moment and causing several heads to swivel around as their two angelic voices reached the poor American civilians who hadn't the slightest clue as to who they were. I felt my face flush red with color as the boys all burst out laughing, even Yixing, who had nudged my face to rest against his chest as his hand ran through my hair. He chuckled huskily against my ear, causing the blush to worsen and he knew it.

Slowly but surely, the thirteen of us made our way to the front of the line, where the worker split us up into pairs. With Yi Fan and I being the only two that could speak and understand English, we interpreted for the other members. The way it ended up, I sat in the same car as Yixing while Sehun and Joonmyun sat across from us. Before taking his seat, Joonmyun patted my knee lightly before he focused on tying himself into the harness.

I kicked off my sandals, taking Yixing's hand as he helped me into the seat, personally buckling my harness himself with a serious look on his face before he flashed me a grin, winking at me. "I'll be right here, mei li." He cooed softly, smoothing down my hair before taking his own seat and buckling himself in.

After the workers checked all of our harnesses, I could hear Chanyeol's loud laugh as well as Jongdae telling Jongin to let go of his arm. I laughed nervously as Sehun sent me a wink from his spot across from me. Looking down at my bare feet dangling as I waited for the staff to give the all clear, I felt a hand curl over mine on the harness.

I looked up to see Yixing and his gorgeous face only inches from my own. "Tell you what...I'll give you a kiss if you make it through this ride without crying or getting sick, okay?" He proposed, as if it was the most simple thing in the world. I stared at him blankly, barely hearing the staff giving the okay as the platform under our feet dropped and we slowly went backwards out of the station. I found myself rendered speechless, either from the fear of the ride or Yixing's promise. Hell, it was probably both.

"Look at me, ____." He spoke again, causing me to look to my left and into his warm eyes as I felt the train taking us all the way up to the top of the launch. He kept our eyes locked as he unlocked my death grip on the handle to my harness, brushing his lips sweetly across my knuckles.

"Dammit, why don't I have my camera?" I heard Joonmyun chuckle with Sehun.

We suddenly lurched to a halt at the top and I could feel how high we were. Squeezing my eyes shut, I wait as the seconds drug on, ignoring the other members yell in encouragement to let us go. I barely had time to scream when I felt our train unlock, racing back through the station and suddenly, I was facing the sky. Before I could register that, we were already shooting up the other side, where we were locked again.

Yixing met my eyes and he gave me that grin, in which I returned with a nervous laugh just as we were let go again, shooting over the track again. I screamed a few times--hearing Baekhyun wailing in the background somewhere on the train--a smile on my face as I realize that it was...well, that it was alright. Yixing twined our fingers together, squeezing my hand just as we came to a gentle stop in the station.

And it was over, just like that.

I sat there a few moments in stunned silence, unable to process that I'd actually done it.

Yixing unlocked his harness and he was suddenly standing in front of me, undoing mine before his hands went under my legs, picking me up as my arms flew around his neck, listening to him chuckle against my shoulder while he set me down on my feet. I slid my shaky feet into my sandals, holding onto his hand for support as the other EXO boys crowded around us.

"I'm so proud of you, ____!" Luhan cried, flinging himself at me as we all headed towards the ramp off the ride, giggling like idiots.

"That's my girl!" Yi Fan chuckled, ruffling my hair lightly.

"Hey, hey, hands off." Yixing laughed, wrapping both of his arms around my waist as he squeezed me tightly, whispering in my ear. "I'm so proud of you. I told you that you could do it."

Biting my lip, I looked up at him shyly. "I-It wasn't so bad." Meanwhile, my still pounding heart begged to differ.

His dimples appeared as he grinned at me, stopping in front of all the boys, causing them to pause. "I owe you a kiss, do I not?"

"Whoa, wait!" Jongdae pouted. "Why do you get to kiss ____ and I don't?!"

Ignoring his whining friend, Yixing cupped my cheek and I released a surprised squeak, looking up at him with wide eyes. His eyes closed as he began to lean down towards me, my own eyes closing on their own accord. I waited to feel the light pressure of his lips on mine but was shocked to feel his mouth on my nose as he kissed the tip of it ever so lightly, pulling away and leaving me flustered.

"There," he said simply, releasing my face and beginnig to walk back towards the park, leaving me stunned while the other members laughed at my shocked expression.

"On with the park!" Yixing pointed with his finger on top of his head, almost like a unicorn's horn, making the other boys laugh hysterically. Jongin lightly pinched my sides, winking.

"Damn, it'll be interesting to see you on all the other rides, girlie." He smirked, making me scowl at him, my cheeks still burning.

And to think it was only the beginning.


Well.

Hai.

I've actually ridden Invertigo--for the first time as of yesterday--and it's intense. Like my glasses almost fell off. Like six times. Yeah, never again. xD <3

I've decided that not all of these are going to romantic drabbles but some of them will be. :3 Depends on my mood, I guess~ :) <3 Please comment and tell me what you think. <3