V.I.U

V.I.U

Sunggyu was blind. Not physically, but when it came to seeing another's emotions, he was... Blank. Totally. That didn't stop numerous girls from crushing on him, sending gifts, toys, chocolate and whatnot. He acepted everything with a crinkled eye smile, nodding enthusiastically at people he didn't know crowding around him to offer their daily gift to him, in hopes that he would ask them out maybe return the gift, but he never did. 

Well, not because he was a stingy bastard, but because he didn't know what this flood of gifts were for. Yeaps, call him naive or even dense but he really didn't know what those red lacy lingerie(that was the first present, he never bothered with them after that) was for, I mean, he couldn't exactly wear them right?

One fine day however, when he stepped through the same school hallway on a normal Monday morning and then reaching his locker, after fighting through the throng of givers, girls and guys alike, that he managed to wrestle the unwilling locker open and out fell..

..a card. Silver and glittery, with the words written neatly, 'V.I.U' on it, smack dab in the middle. It seemed to shine up at him, silver letters on creamy pale paper.

He looked down at it, stunned for a moment, because really, who knew the combination to open the damned locker other than himself? Shuddering, he dropped the gifts into the bag next to him and picked it up with reverence, before silently tucking it into his own personal bag unlike the other gifts, which was going to be "sorted" out by his sister(take what she likes and give away the others). 

He made sure no one was there before he changed the combination to his locker, but it continued. It freaked him out at first, but when he realized that the mysterious person wasn't going to take his stuff away, he gradually stopped changing his locker number. When the maid cleared his room out, she always saw the same stack of cards, stacked neatly, arranged by date, left there, all with the same words, 'V.I.U'. She would smile, and not say anything, but then slip away to the other house she was cleaning and write a note to leave it on another pile of cards, all written with the same thing, in her neat and cursive handwriting. "Received." over and over again, that word was repeated on a pale blue card, the color that Nam Woohyun, the school's famous musician liked.

365 days later however, after the first card had come in and there was a huge stack of cards on Sunggyu's desk, the words changed. "Hi", was emblazoned in gold across dark blue stiff paper, and Sunggyu had cocked his head to the side, before shrugging and taking out a whole stack of empty cards that his maid had thoughtfully left for him on his dresser that morning, along with the note 'You'll need it'. He had mindlessly dumped it into his book bag, then rushed out of the house.

Sighing, he clicked open his pen and forced his fingers to move in reply, 'Hi, who are you?' Stuffing it into his locker but taking out the new card and his needed books for the day, Sunggyu left, shutting the locker door and adjusting his bag straps.

It continued this way for another year, both parties sending replies back and forth that became extremely long and the time passed. 

Another year, and Sunggyu was going to graduate. No way in hell was he going to leave school without knowing who his mysterious note sender was. Finally, on one of the mornings, he plucked up enough courage to write on the bottom 'Can We Meet?' in his best handwriting.

The notes stopped after that. Without reason, they just stopped. His best friends Dongwoo and Howon consoled him, saying that it probably was a game and that the sender wasn't serious, but he still couldn't let it rest. 

Exactly 6 days later, on his birthday, he received another card. Pushing up his glasses, he picked it up silently to see
an arrow pointing to the right. A few steps to the right allowed him to see another card pasted there, pointing up the stairs. He followed the cards all the way up onto the rooftop where he saw the back of his mysterious card sender, leaning over the school railing, inhaling deeply and talking on the phone. 

"Oh my god, Dongwoo, what if he rejects me? I've been waiting two years for this, don't tell me I've waite- HOWON SHUT THE HELL UP BEFORE I INTRODUCE MY MIDDLE FINGER TO YOUR , JUST BECAUSE YOU FOUND DONGWOO DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME DUMB IDIO-" The person swung around and paused there, freezing at the sight of Sunggyu, wearing a beanie and glasses, staring at him out of those squinty adorable eyes. Snapping his phone shut and then smiling weakly, Woohyun smiled and waved.

"Hi..?" He grinned weakly, dropping his hand when Sunggyu didn't answer. Shuffling forwards, Sunggyu held out the pieces of cards he collected on the way up.

"I think that these are.. Yours." Nodding, Sunggyu pushed them into Woohyun's slack hand, then a furious blush starting across his face, turned around to leave. 

Woohyun barely gave him an answer before jumping on him and pinning him to the ground.

~

The next day saw the school's star musician holding onto Sunggyu's hand as he led him to his locker and waited patiently for him to pull out his books. 
Sunggyu peeked out from his locker door, hand grabbing onto a card.

"Wht does V.I.U mean anyway?" he asked, shutting the door close and ignoring the throngs of gift givers huddling around, waiting expectantly for him to take their gifts. 

"Hmm. It stands for very important U." Woohyun looks up from the music sheet he's holding and smiles, looking down at the note Sunggyu has in his hand. 

"Oh and that's the last one note you're getting, V.I.U." turning around, he holds out his hand for Sunggyu to take and when he does, begins to pull them towards their classroom. 

"That's fine with me, V.I.U." Sunggyu smiles at the new found word, pulling out the last card to push it into the display pocket of his wallet. And it stays in the display pocket always as he spends his life next to Woohyun.. The last card that says..

"I Love You, V.I.U."