Final

Priceless

“Sehun…” Luhan whined as they were getting out of the taxi in front of the airport. “Can’t we stay a little bit longer? Let’s cancel the flight and go back!”

“Luhan, we’ve already discussed this. I canceled our last flight and extended our stay a week for you, we need to go home now,” Sehun had the urge to roll his eyes; his patience already wearing thin and it was still early in the morning.

“Luhan, help me with the luggage, will you?” Sehun requested as he pulled out one too many large suitcases and a duffle bag from the trunk. He wondered how they even fit in the small compartment.

“No. I’m mad at you,” Luhan replied curtly while crossing his arms and turning away dramatically.

 “Fine,” Sehun huffed as he struggled to transport their luggage between the crowds. As they stood in line to get checked in, Sehun heard sniffles and a muffled sob from his side. In his peripheral vision, he could see Luhan wipe away tears as he cried. It irked Sehun that his heart melted at the adorable sight and he could no longer resist the older boy. He turned towards Luhan and was about to put down the luggage and give him a big bear hug but the line started to move.

“Lu,” Sehun started, already feeling close to tears himself, “don’t be mad baby, I’ll make it up to you, I promise I’ll do whatever you want…just please don’t cry.”

Luhan looked up at Sehun with puppy-dog eyes and a pout, “Anything? So you mean we can stay-“

“Anything but that,” Sehun interjected quickly. Luhan’s eyes began to pool with tears again.

Sehun was about to give in when Luhan made a request, “Okay, fine…but can I buy some candy to make me feel better?”

Sehun beamed, Candy, no problem!

He thought Luhan was going to ask for something over-the-top like he usually did, and to be honest, after a two-week trip to China with his extravagant boyfriend, he simply could not afford it. “Absolutely, Lu! As soon as we get home, I’ll buy you all the candy your heart desires!”

“But I want it now,” Luhan insisted while stomping his foot like a spoiled child.

Sehun was about to object but he was called to the desk for check-in.

“Tickets, please”.

As Sehun rummaged his pockets for their airplane tickets, he thought to himself that it would probably be a futile attempt to get his boyfriend to comply with him, but he would try to convince him anyway. He did not mind buying Luhan candy, but airport shops overpriced things ten times over. He decided to try reasoning with Luhan once they have checked in. He did not want to be ripped off.

Once they dropped off their luggage, Luhan reminded Sehun that he still wanted some candy.

“Baby, listen, once we’re back in Korea I’ll buy you as much candy as you want, but it’s too expensive here. You know airports overprice everything.”

“But you said you would do whatever I wanted,” Luhan protested with a scowl.

“Alright, alright…” Sehun wondered why he even tried. There was no talking Luhan out of something he wanted and it was too late to start now since Sehun had already spoiled him rotten. “…but we need to make it quick or we’ll miss our flight.”

“Okay!” Luhan said cheerfully.

What are a few candies going to hurt after all? It can’t be all that expensive… Sehun thought.

Once in the candy store, Luhan hurriedly grabbed a bag and began looking at the selection of sweet treats.

“You can only get one chocolate.” A mother with her young son said right beside Luhan as he opened a bin to scoop up some M&M’s. The child took one block of chocolate out of the adjacent bin and put it into his bag, looking at it dejectedly as Luhan began to snicker. The boy looked up at Luhan who smiled tauntingly at him and the latter began to slowly put one chocolate after another in his own bag to tease the child. The look of envy on the boy’s face was purely amusing to him.

 

Luhan was taking longer than expected inside the candy shop and Sehun decided to go in and hurry him up. He wandered around casually and a sign by the cash register caught his attention immediately as he walked into the store.

$6.99 per quarter lb

What the hell? Sehun looked towards Luhan to try to convince him to reconsider buying from that store and found that Luhan’s plastic bag was already half full. What’s worse, it seemed that Luhan was only choosing the typical candy selection: M&M’s, pastel mints, saltwater taffy, and other candies that he could buy from any other shop at a fraction of the price.

Sehun hurried towards Luhan who was still deciding on whether to get chocolate-covered raisins or malt balls, and grabbed him by the wrist, “Lu, we’re gonna be late, let’s pay for your candy and hurry back to our terminal.” Luhan was hesitant at first but went to the register with Sehun anyway. He figured too much candy would give him a stomach ache.

At the cash register, the little boy and his mother were checking out and Luhan eyed the child who was looking at a giant gummy bear longingly. Luhan tugged Sehun’s sleeve, “Hunnie, I want that gummy bear…” He said loudly as he pointed to the obviously pricey confection.  Luhan looked from the gummy bear to the little boy, to and fro, as he begged his boyfriend for it.

“Luhan, those gummy bears don’t even taste good…you have some great treats already…” Sehun was going to continue his attempt to persuade his boyfriend when he noticed Luhan’s train of vision. He knew how competitive Luhan could be and seeing that he was obviously rivaling the child, there was no way he could talk him out of buying the gummy bear.

“Yeah, okay sure,” Sehun surrendered before putting up a fight. Luhan snatched the oversized candy from the register and laughed mockingly at the little boy who looked like he wanted to cry.

$51.95

Sehun was about to pull his hair out in frustration when the cashier rang up the total, and Luhan decided to drift away from him since he was obviously steaming. It scared him.

He walked to the corner of the shop and his face lit up when he saw adorable stuffed plushies hanging on a rack. He almost didn’t notice the same little boy looking up at the stuffed animals as he his thumb. 

“So, which one is your favorite?” Luhan asked the boy casually, and the child pointed to a stuffed deer. Luhan quickly snatched the deer plush and looked at the youngster as he chuckled victoriously. “Too bad your mommy can’t buy it for you, huh?”

When he was done paying, Sehun started walking out of the shop, muttering curses under his breath and Luhan stopped him before he could head out. “Sehun…” he said, pushing the stuffed animal into his boyfriend’s chest, “I want this too…please…”

Oh my Gawd! Sehun looked to the side to see the little boy’s pouting face as Luhan stood in front of him with wide-eyes.

Fine,” Sehun said through clenched teeth. It would be a hopeless case if he even tried. “But that’s it, Luhan!” he snapped.

“Okay, okay…sheesh…” Luhan muttered. He felt kind of bad for asking for so much, but the look on the kid’s face was priceless. He smiled victoriously instead, waving goodbye to the child joyfully as he left with his mother.

……………………

Right when they got on the plane, Luhan began stuffing his face with his sweet treats while he hummed in delight. Sehun side-glanced at him with his eyes narrowed, “Satisfied?” he asked sarcastically. He was in still in a sour mood at being ripped off.

“Mmhm…” Luhan replied with his mouth full. “Do you want some?”

“Yeah, sure…” Sehun said while reaching into the bag to grab a handful, he might as well enjoy it also since he paid so much for it. Sehun retracted his hand quickly as it was slapped away and he turned to Luhan, shocked. “What was that for?!”

“You were about to take my candy!”

“You asked me if I wanted some!”

“Not you! I was asking Lulu...” Luhan pointed to the stuffed deer on his lap and rolled his eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

What the hell? Sehun thought. He shrugged it off since he figured Luhan was playing make-believe again and didn’t want to rain on his parade. The last time he did he ended up sleeping on the sofa for a week.

“Want some candy?” Sehun was afraid to ask if Luhan was talking to him or the toy again and looked out of the window instead. “Hello…earth to Sehun, I’m asking you if you want some candy…”

“Huh…uh, no thanks,” Sehun wasn’t in the mood for the confections anymore. He opened his handbag and pulled out a book.

“Don’t read now, pay attention to me…” Luhan whined.

Ugh…fine, Luhan. What do you want to talk about?” Sehun put his book back into the bag and turned to face his boyfriend with a scowl. Luhan moved back, intimidated.

“You don’t need to be so mean,” he said with a pout.

Sehun huffed out a sigh and forced a smile, “Okay, Lu, what would you like to talk about?” he said with the sweetest voice he could muster. Luhan smiled and wrapped his arm around Sehun’s while resting his head on his shoulder.

“I was wondering…since we moved in together recently…maybe it would be a good idea if we thought about…”

“…about?” Sehun coaxed. He knew Luhan was going to make a request but wondered why he was being shy all of a sudden. He knew his boyfriend was never bashful when it came to asking for something.

“Maybe we should think about getting married.” Luhan said softly. He lifted his head and connected eyes with a bewildered Sehun.

“W-What?” Sehun stuttered. Luhan blushed deeply and turned away as he felt tears pooling in his eyes.

“Y-you don’t want to marry me?” Luhan’s voice shook and his lip quivered. He felt rejected and wished he could run away, but since he was on a plane there was nowhere to go…but down, and he definitely wasn’t that stupid.

“No! Luhan, of course I want to marry you…you know I love you!”

 Luhan looked at Sehun with his teary puppy eyes. “Really?” he asked.

“Really.”

“Then why did you get all nervous when I brought up the subject?” the older boy asked with a pout.

“I…was just shocked that’s all…I always figured I’d be the one proposing…”

“I didn’t propose to you, Sehun. I still expect that.”

“Oh.”

“So you’re not against the whole marriage idea, then?” Luhan looked at Sehun with hopeful eyes.

“I would love to spend the rest of my life with you,” Sehun said romantically. He then brushed Luhan’s bangs to the side and kissed his forehead. Luhan smiled at his boyfriend when they made eye contact again and Sehun thought it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

Sehun suddenly paled when a realization occurred to him and he wondered how he would be able to afford Luhan as a spouse; having him as a boyfriend was expensive enough. And what if they adopt kids? Sehun’s train of thought was cut short when Luhan leaned in to give him a chaste kiss, pulling back with the same beautiful grin that had adorned his face before he kissed him.

Sehun smiled back genuinely. He may be spoiled but he’s totally worth it. He’s priceless.

All Sehun had to do now was look for another part-time job.

 

End.

 

 

A/N: Please comment^^