Finish

60 Seconds [ Myungzy Ver. ]

One   Shot.

 

 

 

It was a rainy afternoon. For the very first time in the entire day, Myungsoo put down his umbrella and inhaled the scent the raindrops left. He smiled. At last. The rain finally stopped.

 

He continued walking. Somehow, he felt tingly inside. He has a lot of memories connected to the rain. Some are good, while some are of those which he wanted to erase from his memories. Maybe this is why he feels nostalgic everytime it rains. That feeling is exceptionally stronger today.

 

He doesn’t know why but this place is

Making his heart beat fast.

 

Myungsoo felt the cold wind that the rin caused through his skin. He put his head down, avoiding the puddles at the sidewalk. At the corner of his eye, he saw someone step out of the shop he’s passing by. He looked up.

 

The smile in his face disappeared.

 

60.. 59.. 58..

 

Time stopped. People around him ceased from walking. The birds stopped chirping. The leaves stopped falling. Myungsoo was inside his world where only he can move.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes were focused to only one person. IT’S HER. He can't be mistaken. Slowly, he stepped closer to the girl who was also not moving. He took a clearer look. IT REALLY IS HER. Eyes wide open. Lips slightly parted. Myungsoo looked at her once again.

 

Bae Suzy. The girl whom he once called ‘his world’. The boy touched his chest. His heart was beating fast just like how it did two years ago.

 

Just then---he felt a splatter of water on his face. It was as if he was awakened from a dream. Suddenly…everything was back to normal.

 

Everybody started moving…

The birds continued chirping…

Leaves were falling one by one…

 

Suzy, not seeing Myungsoo, went inside the shop. Myungsoo tried stopping her, but no words came out of his mouth.

 

He just found himself being dragged by his own feet inside the shop.

 

No matter what the result of this action may be---he does not care anymore.

 

57.. 56.. 55..

 

Myungsoo looked for an empty seat. He looked at the girl dreamily standing behind the counter. He gently smiled…

 

 

54.. 53.. 52

 

Her smile never changed.

Her love for cooking never disappeared. She still had hat same expression when she’s inside the kitchen.

He remembered how she cooked for him.

He remembered how annoyed she was whenever he doesn’t answer as to how her cooking was.

He remembered how happy she gets when he tells her that it was delicious.

 

He began remembering everything..

And again... HE FELT THE PAIN.

 

51.. 50..

 

Myungsoo was surprised when a waitress came over him and asked him.

 

"What would you like to be served for you sir? Coffee or tea?"

 

 He inhaled deeply. He was torn between leaving the place and staying. He knows that he has to leave. It is the right thing to do. If he leaves now, he would spare himself from the pain of his past. However deep inside his heart---He knows that he wanted to stay.

 

Once again Myungsoo looked at Suzy.

 

He smiled.

 

If staying would cause him pain---then he would welcome pain with open arms.

 

“Coffee.”

 

49.. 48.. 47..

 

They were happy. Every day after school, Myungsoo takes Suzy home. There, they would spend the rest of their day.

Myungsoo smiled at the thought.

 

46.. 45.. 44.. 43.. 42.. 41..

 

They often talked about random things like how blue the sky was… or how beautiful the flowers were at the garden beside her house. Things that people regard as useless or insignificant---but Myungsoo didn’t mind.

 

For him, as long as he’s with her… every second is precious. Every moment is worth keeping. Ever since he met her…

 

Everything started to make sense.

 

40.. 39.. 38..

 

He remembered how she hates it when he plays with her hair.

He remembered how cute she looked whenever she pouts.

How her frown turns into a smile whenever he pinches her cheeks…how her eyes shine brightly whenever she sees him.

 

He remembered everything that made him fall in love with her and once again…

 

HIS HEART ACHED.

 

37.. 36.. 35..

 

He remembered how silence seemed to be melody in his ears when she’s sitting beside him.

He remembered how she would lie down in his lap saying that she wants to see his face when he reads.

He remembered how she used to say that he looks his best when he smiles.

He remembered how he used to whisper sweet nothings to her ears.

He remembered how she laughed and told him how corny he sounded. He remembered how he told her that he doesn’t mind.

 

He remembered everything.

And it’s killing him inside.

 

34.. 33.. 32..

 

He remembered how she would rest on his lap during hot afternoons. He remembered how he loved watching her sleep.

He remembered how he used to sweep her wavy hair off her beautiful face.

He remembered how contented and happy he felt that time. He remembered how he used to think that what they had could last forever..

He looked at her once again---

 

And he remembered how wrong he was.

 

31.. 30..

 

 

She’s standing inches from him but

why does it feel like they’re a million miles apart?

 

 

29.. 28.. 27..

 

 

He touched the ring at his finger.

He looked at hers---but her hands were bare…

And he clearly knows why.

 

 

26.. 25.. 24..

 

He remembered how puzzled she was when she saw the ring on his finger.

“Mwoya? [ What’s this? ]” he remembered her asking him while pointing at the ring.

He remembered how he sipped his coffee while taking out the other ring that was the same as his.

He remembered how she stared at him with those dazzling eyes.

 

23.. 22..

 

 

He remembered how he took

her hand and held it tight.

 

 

21.. 20..

 

 

He remembered how surprised she was when he slowly

put the ring to her finger.

 

 

19.. 18.. 17..

 

 

He remembered how it fitted perfectly 

in her hand.

 

 

16..15..

 

 

He remembered how she held his hand and said how much she loved him. He remembered how he hugged her and whispered that he loved her more.

He played with the ring on his finger.

Slowly, she approached him with the coffee he ordered. He put his head down and hid his face.

Then once gain---he heard her gentle voice:

 

“Enjoy your coffee sir.”

 

 

 

14.. 13.. 12.. 11.. 10..

 

 

FIVE SECONDS passed like that. Myungsoo felt a sharp pain in his heart..

He raised his head to see her walking away from him. Her back looked exactly the same that day…

 

The day when his forever started to fade away.

 

 

9..

 

 

He remembered how everything started to end. He never knew what went wrong. He just woke up and everything seemed to change…

 

He CHANGED.

She CHANGED.

 

Everything was not how they were supposed to be.

Things were not like how it used to be

 

 

8..

 

 

All their smiles turned to tears.

The room that was once filled with laughter was replaced with a room filled with painful silence.

Her eyes that were once filled with love for him can’t even meet his gaze.

The moment she turned her back on him, he knew..

 

That the love they once shared---IS NOW GONE.

 

 

7..

 

 

He remembered how he waited for her to look at him once more. But he also remembered the pain he felt when she did.

He remembered how she walked towards him with her cold eyes staring right through him.

He remembered how she took off the ring from her finger and placed it in his hands.

He remembered how much he cried that day

 

For that was when she finally said goodbye…

 

 

6..

 

 

Tears started to swell from his eyes.

 

He remembered how he started loving her,

how much he loved her,

 and how much he regretted losing her…

 

Myungsoo thought that forgetting everything was easy---but it wasn’t.

He thought that the pain was already gone… But it didn’t.

He thought that he’s already moved on…

 

But he NEVER DID.

 

 

5..

 

 

He took off the ring that he still kept after all these years and placed it on the table. With tear-filled eyes---he stood up.

 

He's had enough...

 

Together with all the painful memories in his heart, he forced himself to take a step.

 

 

4..

 

 

He started walking away.

Away from everything.

Away from the PAST.

Away from the PAIN.

-----

Away from HER.

 

3..

 

 

Suzy,  who saw him leaving the ring on the table took it and chased after Myungsoo.

 

“Jeogiyo. [ Excuse me. ]” she called his attention.

 

Myungsoo held his breath.

Slowly… He turned his head towards her.

 

Her eyes widened. Her lips parted.

 

And a teardrop fell from Myungsoo’s eyes.

 

 

2..

 

 

Myungsoo who saw the ring in her hands forced a smile. While fighting back his tears… He gave her a sad smile.

He closed her hands. Finally, the ring was back to where it belonged.

With tears falling from his eyes he said:

 

“Tta… Mianhe… [ I’m sorry… for everything ]”

 

He looked at her in the eyes and whispered:

 

“Geurigo… Saranghe… [ And… I love you…]”

 

And a tear fell from her eyes…

 

 

1..

 


 

 

 

Myungsoo walked away from the shop. It is raining… AGAIN.

Flashbacks kept repeating in his mind.

 

 

All their memories, all their smiles, all the stolen kisses.

 

 

And it stopped to one moment that he had always kept in his heart.. his most precious memory…

The moment where he started being happy.

The moment he started smiling again.

 

 

He remembered how hard the rain was pouring that day. He remembered seeing one girl standing alone waiting for the rain to stop. He remembered how the wind carried her long and wavy hair. He remembered how his heart skipped a beat when he saw her smile.. and he remembered how they walked together under the pouring rain.

 

It’s funny how he remembered everything that he tried to forget in the past years in just 60 seconds..

 

In just 60 seconds… he remembered how he fell in love and how he fell out of love

 

He remembered how his heart started beating again for that one person… But then he also remembered how his heart was broken when she left..

 

 He loved her.

He loved her more than anything else…

 

 

She took half of his heart when she left. He thought he would never be complete again. But then as time pass by, little by little…

The PAIN lessened.

The TEARS stopped falling.

He was starting to be happy again. That was what he thought..

 

 

But then he saw her again.

 

And suddenly everything came back to him. Once again, he felt the pain. Tears started falling again.

That’s when he realized---he was never happy after she left.. he just got used to the pain.

 

And in just 60 seconds, the story that he tried so hard to forget… REPEATED ITSELF.

 

Maybe people don’t really move on. Maybe they just force themselves to believe that everything is alright… that everything would be fine.

But in reality, IT WON’T.

 

 

He fell in love. She fell in love.

She was looking for more. He got tired.

 

 

The love that they thought was forever ended in one day.

They met under the pouring rain, but now he’s walking alone.

 

 

He tried forgetting her for a long time. Who would have thought that 60 seconds is all that it would take for him to remember everything again…

 

In just 60 seconds…

HE LIVED.

Only to DIE AGAIN.

 


 

 60 seconds 

 


 

hihihi:)

So this was my first one-shot guise ^^

Sorry if it's lacking. I'll try my best to write better ones in the next times :*