Curious Confession

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed by quickly and it was already their exams.

 

As that time fluttered by, Seunghyun and Dara became closer and with the help of Ji young. Seunghyun would often visit the shop whenever he can to taste test Dara’s creations. He would usually be there to taste test new products but they would always end up talking about a lot of things regarding food.

 

 On the other hand, Dara and Jiyong became closer as well since Jiyong actually succeeded in his plan and had Dara under protection from the bullies in their school. Dara was really thankful so she always went to the rooftop and made lunch for Jiyong. It became their habit of eating together during lunch time. They discussed a lot of things but mostly about school. Other than school stuff they discussed about their dreams and their likes and dislikes.

 

When the days of the exams came by, they weren’t able to spend much time together since they had to review for their exams and make the projects assigned for them.

 

But after the tiring week of the exams, Jiyong and Dara finally met at the rooftop to talk and rest before going home. Jiyong was lying on the swing again while Dara is on her usual spot beside the swing and leaning her back onto it.

 

She was drawing cakes on her sketchbook again like she always does whenever they finished eating together on the rooftop, a habit Jiyong found really cute. Since they always hang out on the rooftop, he has always been the first one to see her cake designs and even though he doesn’t like sweets he thinks they look awesome. He would usually tell his opinions for every design and sometimes he would also give some ideas and Dara would immediately draw or re-draw cakes based on what Jiyong says.

 

But there was one thing that really impresses Jiyong. It was Dara’s ability to tie her hair using her pencil. He would always wonder how she could do it. But at the same time he didn’t like how it looked plain on her.

 

Jiyong: cakey, why don’t you get a tie for your hair instead of using your pencil?

Dara: mm? (Looks at Jiyong)

Jiyong: I mean… why don’t you just buy a tie so you can tie your hair nicely instead of using your pen?

Dara: (thinks) well it’s an easier access if I use my pencil. Since I will never forget it and always bring it with me all the time.

Jiyong: (sigh) fine.

Dara: why do you always tell me to buy a hair tie? (Laughs) you’re really weird. You always tell me to tie my hair with a hair tie but you’re so impressed whenever I tie my hair with my pencil.

Jiyong: well I got tired of looking at it. You should get a hair tie.

Dara: (giggles) I’ll probably get one when I have time.

Jiyong: (sighs) you better get one.

 

The wind swept up and passed them. Dara closed her eyes for a moment and let the wind pass her face. She sighed and smiled. Without her knowledge though, Jiyong actually looked at her when she did that. He felt really nice when Dara did it. A smile crept out his lips as he looked at her.

 

Dara: ah… coffee-yah…

Jiyong: mm?

Dara: how do you know if a guy is serious about liking you?

 

Jiyong was taken aback with her question. This was the first time she mentioned something like this and Jiyong didn’t feel good about it.

 

Jiyong: did someone confess to you?

Dara: well… not directly but my mother always tells me that he likes me.

Jiyong: is that the family friend you were talking about?

Dara: (thinks) mm… I don’t know if he really does but I doubt it. (Giggles) he’s really nice and I don’t see him liking me. I don’t have any good qualities for him to like me.

Jiyong: hmmm… you do have good qualities. You just don’t notice them because it comes out naturally.

Dara: like what?

Jiyong: a lot.

Dara: (laughs) gomawo coffee-yah.

Jiyong: (pats her head) well I better go. I’m really tired,

Dara: (nods)

Jiyong: are you still staying here? I can give you a ride home if you’re going home too.

Dara: ah sure!

 

Dara and Jiyong went to the parking lot and went in his car. Without their knowledge someone was actually taking pictures of them together.

 

After taking Dara home, Jiyong went home as well.

 

When Jiyong entered the house, he saw Seunghyun sitting on the couch while watching TV.

 

Jiyong: oh hyung! Why are you home so early?

Seunghyun: ah I went home early since my back is killing me. I’ve been doing paper works for as long as I can remember.

Jiyong: (scoffs) you’re not meeting up with that ahjumma’s daughter?

 

Jiyong went to the kitchen and headed straight to the fridge. He took his box of juice and started drinking while listening to his brother’s answer.

 

Seunghyun: not today. But I might meet her tomorrow. I’m planning to confess.

 

Jiyong spilled the juice all over the place when he heard what Seunghyun said. He immediately went to the living room.

 

Jiyong: MUO?!

Seunghyun: Jiyong-ah… you’re the one who told me to give myself a break. I think it’s about time I start to recover from what happened before. I don’t want to be a coward and run away from it forever.

Jiyong: hyung… are you really that sure about that girl? I haven’t even met her and you already want to date her?

Seunghyun: I’ve tried to introduce her to you a thousand times but you always found an excuse. Besides… I’ll just confess.

Jiyong: well I don’t know what type of person she is! I don’t know her at all so I say no!

Seunghyun: it’s not your decision to make.

 

Jiyong got really pissed off so he immediately ran towards Seunghyun and jumped on the couch. Seunghyun was surprised and he suddenly felt Jiyong wrestling with him.

 

Jiyong pulled Seunghyun’s arm and put him into an arm lock.

 

Seunghyun: yah! Stop it!

Jiyong: do you wanna get hurt again?! Do you wanna experience that again?

Seunghyun: I won’t know unless I try!

Jiyong: why do you have to try to get hurt again?! I don’t approve of this as long as I don’t meet her!

Seunghyun: then I’ll bring her here!

Jiyong: no!

Seunghyun: then how will you meet her?!

Jiyong: I don’t want to meet her! I don’t want you to love any girl!

Seunghyun: (gives up) (sighs) you told me to give myself a chance and breathe. But look at you right now. I just want to give love another shot. Is it too much to ask if I just want to start over and forget about her?

 

Jiyong loosened his arm lock when he heard what Seunghyun said. Seunghyun didn’t budge nor move even after Jiyong loosened his grip.

 

Jiyong: y-you’ve changed…

Seunghyun: and I have her to thank for it.

 

Jiyong let Seunghyun’s arm go and was about to walk out but Seunghyun grabbed his leg and locked it.

 

Seunghyun: Jiyong… do you know how it feels like to be in love?

Jiyong: why would I bother? I’ll only be hurt!

Seunghyun: a thousand pain for a moment of pleasure is always necessary in a man’s life. Without knowing how it feels to be hurt, sad or angry then you won’t know the feeling of happiness, joy and serenity.

Jiyong: (sighs) why do you like her?

Seunghyun: I don’t know… she’s just… different.

Jiyong: how so?

Seunghyun: because I’m slowly starting to forget about her…

 

Silence enveloped them.

 

Seunghyun loosened his grip and Jiyong pulled his leg back to him. He crossed his legs and sighed.

 

Jiyong: fine… I’ll give it a shot.

Seunghyun: so you’ll meet her?

Jiyong: yeah…

Seunghyun: (smiles)

Jiyong: but I get to choose when.

Seunghyun: (nods) (hugs him) dongsaeng kamsahamnida…

Jiyong: mm…

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

I entered the cake shop and hoped that Dara would be there. It’s already afternoon so I think she’ll be there. I hope.

 

When Jiyong agreed last night, my confidence shot up. I’m still not confident enough but I want to try. I want to know if I can trust again… to love again. I want to know if I can move on.

 

Ahjumma suddenly tapped my shoulder and I was cut off my daze.

 

Ji young: aigooo… if you’re not feeling well, you shouldn’t be here. You’ll pass your sickness around!

Seunghyun: (chuckles) aniyo ahjumma… I’m not sick. I just got lost in my thoughts.

Ji young: (looks at him differently) aigooo… well if you’re here for my Dara she’s at the baking room again.

Seunghyun: (smiles) kamsahamnida ahjumma.

Ji young: when are you planning to confess to her huh? Aigooo… that child won’t know if you don’t tell her straight to her face.

Seunghyun: (laughs) ahjumma that’s your daughter.

Ji young: I know! That’s why I know her the best! She’s really dense when it comes to finding out what others feel.

Seunghyun: I don’t think so. I think she knows but she just doesn’t want to show it.

Ji young: (smiles) Omo… you already have a mutual understanding! That’s so sweet!

Seunghyun: (blushes) ahjumma!

Ji young: well when are you planning to tell her that you like her?

Seunghyun: now.

 

I said while shifting my gaze to someone behind ahjumma.

 

Ahjumma wrinkled her forehead when I looked behind her. She turned and saw Dara by the baking room door. She was holding a tray of newly baked products and was supposed to put it by the display area.

 

Dara’s face was a bit surprised but she covered it with a smile. She proceeded to put the tray to the display area and smiled at us after.

 

Dara: Seunghyun-oppa, you’re here.

Seunghyun: (nods) I think you know the reason why.

Dara: mm? Wae?

Seunghyun: (smiles) Dara-yah… I like you.

 

A faint blush started to come out of her cheeks and it slowly darkened and her face was all red.

 

Dara: m-m-m-Muo?

Seunghyun: (chuckles) you don’t have to answer me back. I just wanted to let you know that I like you. And I’m not asking you out so you don’t have to panic.

Ji young: Muo? Wae? Wae? Wae?

Seunghyun: ahjumma!

Ji young: Aish! Then why are you confessing if you’re not going to ask her out? What’s the point of—

Dara: kamsahamnida Seunghyun-oppa. But right now I’m not looking to be in a relationship yet. And I don’t want to disappoint you if we start dating.

Ji young: (sighs and goes to Dara) (rubs her back)

Seunghyun: Dara-yah… I don’t expect anything from you. I like you. I like you for being you and not for wanting you to be someone I like. If I expect anything from you, then that would be different.

Dara: (smiles) kamsahamnida Seunghyun-oppa.

Seunghyun: ahjumma, you don’t have to worry. If Dara decides to give me a chance without me asking her then don’t you think it would turn out better than me forcing her to?

Ji young: (scowls) Aish this child… de! De! Fine.

Seunghyun: so what’s the special today?

Dara: ah! I made a new one again!

Seunghyun: well I can taste it for you! Certified taste tester present!

Dara: (giggles) de. Wait a moment…

 

She went to the baking room and I smiled. Ahjumma smiled at me as well.

 

Ji young: I see you’ve really grown up into a man.

Seunghyun: (smiling) I don’t want to force her into anything. I don’t have the confidence to just pull her to me but I just want her to go to me on her own. Don’t you think that feels better?

Ji young: (chuckles) you remind me of my husband. He’s a really kind man but he’s afraid of a lot of things. He doesn’t want to admit it but I can always tell. He would always le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter