A happy ever after?

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

Jiyong bit his lip as he sighed. For the nth time he thought of what he was going to say, making sure not to mess up. He didn’t want to have a bad impression. Especially since this is Dara’s family.

 

The gate opened and Sanghyun was there to fetch him. He wrinkled his forehead when he saw Jiyong standing there.

 

Jiyong: What?

Sanghyun: What are you doing here?

Jiyong: I’m here… (Clears throat) for… Dara.

Sanghyun: mhmm… well come in I guess.

 

Jiyong went inside. Sanghyun closed the gate and headed to the house first. Jiyong took in some fresh air before following Sanghyun.

 

When Jiyong entered the house, he immediately noticed people in the living room. The moment Dara’s eyes met his, they smiled at each other.

 

Sanghyun: don’t block the door and go sit over there.

Jiyong: uh… yeah… right… sure…

 

Jiyong noticed Ji young looking at him proudly and another girl was sitting beside her who was glaring at him. He has never seen her before but he knew she was the sister Dara was talking about.

 

Sanghyun followed Jiyong but he sat on the couch adjacent to Chaerin. Just then, Dara came out of her room and the moment she saw Jiyong, she immediately smiled at him. She went to him and Jiyong immediately held on her hand.

 

Dara: Let’s sit over here.

 

Jiyong nodded. Dara and Jiyong sat beside Sanghyun. Dara in the middle while the two guys at each end. Dara was a bit nervous since Jiyong asked her if he can meet her parents. She was also excited since it was Jiyong who asked her to meet them.

 

Dara: ah, this is Chaerin-unnie.

 

Chaerin just nodded, showing off her poker face. Jiyong nodded back but he felt like she was trying really hard to hide her emotions.

 

Just then, they heard footsteps ascend down the stairs and Dara’s father came into view. The siblings immediately smiled when their father’s face welcomed them. Then he furrowed his forehead when he noticed Jiyong and Dara holding each other’s hand.

 

Just as he neared them, Jiyong stood up and bowed to him.

 

Hyun wook sat beside Ji young and he sighed.

 

Hyun wook: So… this is the guy you were talking about?

Dara: mm… (Smiles)

Hyun wook: I’ve heard a lot about you from my daughter… I’ve also heard things from my son. So... let’s cut to the chase... break up.

 

Dara and Jiyong looked at Hyun wook with wide eyes. Shock evident in their faces. Dara immediately looked at Sanghyun who, in turn, just raised his eyebrows seemingly enjoying Jiyong's agony.

 

Hyun wook: Dara's better off with a different man. I don’t want her to end up with somebody who can easily break a woman's heart as if it was merely a toy.

Dara: Appa...

 

Dara called out. Her voice was almost cracking, it felt so hard to utter anything. But she felt Jiyong's hold on her hand tighten.

 

Jiyong: With all due respect... I know I've done a lot of mistakes in my life... I know I've hurt a lot of people including Dara... and it was the worst mistake I've done in my entire life. If I could only bring back time I'd make sure I'd listen to her. Especially when she wanted to tell me the truth. I know I can't just convince you with words but Dara is someone I never want to lose. Ask me anything else... but breaking up with her will never be an option.

 

Ji young's eyes sparkled as she heard what Jiyong said. She tried so hard to contain her emotions so that her husband won't notice how biased she was towards their relationship.

 

Chaerin, on the other hand, scowled at the two. She didn’t like Jiyong from the get go because of things she heard. Regardless of her feelings for Dara, she didn’t want Jiyong to be part of her family.

 

Sanghyun scoffed at Jiyong's answer. He was pretty amused that their father didn’t rattle Jiyong's feelings for his sister. He smirked while listening to their conversation.

 

Hyun wook, on the other hand, didn’t seem impressed with Jiyong's answer. If anything he looked more pissed than ever.

 

Hyun wook: is that so? If that's the case then I definitely won't give my blessing to the both of you. You do know that Dara here values our blessing don't you?

Jiyong: No matter how many times you tell me no… I’ll k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter