Cakey's Family and Coffee's Past

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeong!

 

I decided to write the A/N here on top because of one reason alone.

 

I want to apologize to everyone. I'm sorry I've been writing crap and I'm sorry that the story doesnt even seem to go anywhere. I'm also sorry that you are all wasting your time on this. I really am.

 

But I've been trying my best to write. I've been really doing my best to accomplish my goal of completing this fic this year. And not only that, I also want to update this story every Friday just to hang on to my word.

 

I know a lot of you left and unsubscribed already because of the crapiness of this story but I dont blame you, I know I should be doing better than this. I've been trying. Really, but I just... I dont know. Maybe I've been getting stuck with more things in my mind that I'm failing to write this story properly.

 

But here is one thing I can certify... I will finish this and I will NOT ABANDON this story anymore.

 

To all who stayed and to those who are still subscribing...

 

 

THANK YOU!

 

I sincerely bow down and thank all of you.

 

This chapter is supposedly a very emotional one, I dont know if it came through but I also want you all to know that this is the right moment to know the truth.

 

And here it is...

 

from,

kicko24

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I held onto the mug that Dara gave me. It had a nice aroma coming out of it. It smelled wonderful.

 

Jiyong: what did you put in here?

Dara: I but a drop of vanilla extract. (Smiles then sips)

Jiyong: it has a nice aroma.

Dara: yeah. I usually use it for cake but it smells wonderful with coffee too.

Jiyong: (nods) (smiles) the only person who makes coffee the way I like it is Min young-noona.

 

I felt like my smile faded as I remembered her. I don’t know why I even brought it up.

 

Dara: mm? You have a sister too?

Jiyong: ah… ani… It’s a long story.

Dara: (nods) oh…

 

Silence.

 

Every time there’s silence between us, I can’t help but feel calm. It’s different when I’m with another woman. It feels like I’m safe with Dara but with others… I feel like I have to pretend. Like I have to show a mask that I don’t want them to remove.

 

Jiyong: So… is your father and sister coming too?

Dara: (smiles while looking at the coffee) probably not.

Jiyong: how come?

Dara: well… they’re both working at a very far place.

Jiyong: but can’t they at least take a break?

Dara: It’s a long story.

Jiyong: I’ll listen.

 

I smiled at her and she just smiled back.

 

Jiyong: (sighs) tell you what… If you trust me enough to tell me about your father and sister… I’ll tell you about my Min young-noona.

Dara: sounds tempting.

Jiyong: Well I’m all ears now. (Smiles)

Dara: (sips some coffee and sighs) well… I guess it’ll be fair enough if I start from the beginning.

Jiyong: (nods) probably.

Dara: (smiles at him) our family used to live in one house. We were all happy. Everyone got along, mom and dad were always there for us. It was the perfect time of our lives.

Jiyong: really?

Dara: mm…

Jiyong: but what happened then?

Dara: But then my dad got promoted and was sent to America to become the CEO of their main company. He wanted us to come but my mother didn’t want to go. She said that our lives were already rooted here in Korea. So he left. That time, he still communicated with us as much as he can. Every after work, he would call us. But as time passed by but he soon become busier and he couldn’t even call us.

Jiyong: why?

Dara: he was busy. Well… He was a CEO so he would definitely put all his time in his work than his family.

Jiyong: but does he even contact any of you?

Dara: Well… he’ll call but only once a week or sometimes once a month. That was the time that my sister suddenly changed. I don’t know what happened but when I passed by her room one night, I heard her talking to my father while crying. I wanted to ask her what’s wrong but she pushed me out. After that she became really cold towards us. Especially towards me. I don’t know why she suddenly hated me when I didn’t do anything wrong to her.

Jiyong: did you ever ask her why?

Dara: I did… A lot of times… I tried asking her but she always pushed me away. She changed.

 

Dara was just staring at nothing in particular while telling her story. Somehow I feel like she’s bottling up a well of tears in her eyes but I knew she didn’t want to cry. But I could see her eyes turn watery and for some reason I couldn’t help but hug her.

 

She didn’t really move nor fight. She just let me hug her.

 

Dara: (chuckles) coffee-yah… you’re making me cry.

Jiyong: (chuckles) yeah… I noticed. I’m sorry.

Dara: Aniyo… (Looks at him) It actually feels nice to finally tell someone else about this. (Smiles)

Jiyong: I guess with you never really talk to people that much do you?

Dara: Nope… I just don’t have anyone else to talk to. You’re the first.

Jiyong: then I should be proud right?

Dara: (nods) yeah. You should. (Giggles)

Jiyong: (nods) well… since you told me about your father and sister… I guess it’s fair enough that I told you about Min young-noona too.

Dara: (nods) Mm…

 

I sighed.

 

My chest constricted a bit. It’s been a long time and this is the first time that I’m gonna talk about my past. But maybe… Dara needs to know more than anyone.

 

Jiyong: Well… Before I start… I gotta warn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter