Cakey meets Hyung and Jiyong

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

As Jiyong went to school with a sore body, yet again, he went up to the rooftop to give his gift to Dara. When he opened the rooftop door, Dara was happily drawing something while sitting on the swing.

 

Jiyong: good morning cakey.

Dara: good morning. (Smiles at him) thank you for the phone call. I really, really, really appreciate it. It made me happy.

Jiyong: I could see that. What are you drawing?

Dara: cake designs!

Jiyong: ohh…

 

Dara showed him the sketchbook she was holding but her hair always fell off from her ear even though she tucked it behind her ear a few times. She then tied it with her pencil but Jiyong took her pencil out of her hair.

 

Dara: oh! What? Why did you take it off?

 

Jiyong opened his backpack and hid his right hand behind him. His left hand opened and was offered to Dara.

 

Jiyong: give me your right hand.

Dara: Muo? Wae?

Jiyong: just give it to me!

 

Dara hesitated but she soon gave in and put her hand on top of Jiyong’s left hand.

 

Jiyong: now close your eyes.

Dara: mm?

Jiyong: tsk… hurry!

 

Dara sighed and closed her eyes.

 

Jiyong: are you sure it’s closed?

Dara: mm…

 

Jiyong waved in front of her eyes and when she didn’t budge, Jiyong knew that her eyes were really closed. He pulled out his right hand and put the hair tie with rhinestone on her wrist.

 

He smiled at how pretty it looked on her. Then he looked up at her. He realized how beautiful she was even though her eyes were closed.

 

It was just now that he accepted the fact that he likes her. He smiled and even though he wanted to kiss her again, he stopped himself.

 

Jiyong: you can open your eyes now.

 

Dara opened her eyes and looked at her wrist. She smiled as she saw it.

 

Jiyong: now you don’t have to use your pencil to tie your hair anymore ok?

Dara: (chuckles) de… gomawo coffee-yah. You really made me happy today.

Jiyong: well I’m supposed to. I am your best friend right?

 

Jiyong patted her head and smiled. Dara smiled back at him.

 

Suenghyun’s POV

 

I waited at the café for Dara. We’re supposed to meet today and I even asked my friends to help out in surprising her.

 

Seunghyun: TopieHyunieGD-yah… is everything set?

TopieHyunieGD: yeah. I think GirliedeDios is just cleaning the machine and we’re ready to go.

Seunghyun: perfect. Thanks so much for helping out.

TopieHyunieGD: no problem! You’re always helping us out too!

GirliedeDios: all’s set. When is she coming here?

Seunghyun: She said she’ll message me if her classes are done.

GirliedeDios: wah! I can’t wait to watch you two. Seriously, this is just exciting.

TopieHyunieGD: you look more excited than Seunghyun.

GirliedeDios: well of course I am! He’s just too sweet! Oppa, do you know any other guy that’s as sweet as you?

Seunghyun: how about Jiyong?

GirliedeDios: eh? Jiyong? Aniyo. I’d rather date myself then.

TopieHyunieGD: seriously Seunghyun, Jiyong and GirliedeDios together? They don’t get along at all. You know how he flirted with her before just to end up teasing her after.

Seunghyun: I know. I’m just teasing.

 

And I suddenly heard my phone beep. I immediately looked and smiled.

 

TopieHyunieGD: by the look of that smile… She’s near?

 

I nodded and they went to their places. After a while, the door opened. Dara stood there with a smile on her face. I stood up and offered her a chair. Then I sat in front of her.

 

Seunghyun: so how was your day?

Dara: It went really well. I’m really happy today.

Seunghyun: oh? Why is that?

Dara: well, aside from the fact that today is my birthday… I received a phone call last night that made my day.

Seunghyun: oh… that’s nice.

 

And I suddenly noticed something on her wrist.

 

Seunghyun: That’s cute.

Dara: it is isn’t it? My best friend gave it to me!

Seunghyun: (nods) oh I see.

TopieHyunieGD: hi there. Here’s our menu. Just call us out if you’re ready.

Seunghyun: thanks.

 

It was a good thing that TopieHyunieGD and GirliedeDios were there. They helped me out with the atmosphere and the flow of things.

 

We ordered coffee and of course cake. Oh, I forgot to mention that this café is actually getting their cakes from Dara so they do know Dara as well as Ahjumma.

 

Seunghyun: Dara-yah… it’s not much but… happy birthday.

 

I brought out the bouquet of flowers that I picked out for her and the box of chocolates I got from Jeju.

 

Dara: Omo! Chocolates! (Smiles) kamsahamnida Seunghyun-oppa! This is really sweet.

Seunghyun: yeah… it is.

 

She suddenly laughed and I was confused.

 

Seunghyun: what?

Dara: nothing.

 

Suddenly GirliedeDios came with our orders.

 

GirliedeDios: hello Dara-sshi! Here’s your orders.

Dara: ah kamsahamnida.

GirliedeDios: just call us out if you need anything more ok?

Seunghyun: thanks!

GirliedeDios: (giggles) have fun.

 

And she left. Dara took a sip from her coffee and sighed then she smiled. Even her slight gestures makes her really cute. I watched her as she took a bit of their cake and clap her hands at how delicious it is.

 

Dara: Omma’s cakes are really good. I still have a lot to learn.

Seunghyun: your cakes are actually almost identical to Ahjumma’s cakes you know.

Dara: (laughs) ah really? Wow… I’m so glad to hear that.

Seunghyun: yeah. It’s true. You’re cakes are really good too.

Dara: kamsahamnida Seunghyun-oppa. Really…

 

We talked about some more things and I told her about Jeju. Then I dropped the question.

 

Seunghyun: Dara-yah… would you like to have dinner with me as well?

Dara: (nods) its fine Seunghyun-oppa. Where are we eating?

Seunghyun: At my place. I want to cook for you.

Dara: ah de! (Smiles)

 

So we drove towards our house. The moment we arrived, she looked really surprised.

 

Dara: S-Seunghy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter