Third Effect

The Consequences.

They became quiet upon hearing Myungsoo's question and I  was frozen. The guys held their breath while waiting for my answer. There was a glint of hope shimmering in Myungsoo's eyes when it seems as if I was considering but … 

 

"Puhahaha!" I burst into laughter instead. "That's a good one, L. I thought you were being real." I pat his cheeks and wiped the tears that fell since I laughed so hard earlier.  

 

L.Joe shook his head and Sungyeol smirked at Myungsoo. "We shouldn’t even try." He muttered. Myungsoo on the other hand stared blankly at me taking out my laptop and turned it on. 

 

"B-But … I'm not lying." He pouted and he got my attention again. "Stop it, L. It's funny the first time though." A beep was heard from my phone and I checked it.  

 

We're going to be at Jongin's tonight.  

 

It was a message from Chanyeol and I replied with a simple 'eung'.I placed my phone on the table and looked at my best friend again. I saw how troubled he looked and knew instantly that he wasn’t joking. 

 

"What's up?" I sighed.  "It's my mom." He said and I knew exactly what he meant by that. Myungsoo was 2 years older than me and that age he's expected to at least have a lover but he doesn’t. There's nothing wrong with him like really, I mean look at him. 

 

'I haven't find the right one, yet.' as Myungsoo says every time the topic pops up. 

 

 

"It's not like it's the first time your mom bugs you about this. it up and wait." I grumbled and resumed back to finishing my assignment. He grabbed my wrist, preventing me from typing. "She was serious about setting me up, Ae." 

 

I shrugged. "Arranged stuffs are not really a bad thing. Who knows, she's maybe your soulmate." I tried to cheer him up but failed miserably. "Well, the arranged dates your mother did for you certainly went well." He mocked and rolled his eyes. 

 

I groaned and typed away, "Please don't talk about that. I just want to forget and bury it in the deepest part of my brain like seriously."  

 

The two boys in front of me snickered and I glared at them which is useless since they mocked me afterwards. "How scary." L.Joe muttered and I'm this close to punching his sorry face.  

 

"Help him, Jiae. I've never seen him so depressed before." Sungyeol said and I couldn’t agree more. I guess his mother was being serious after all.  

"I'll think about it." I said and Myungsoo smiled. "I'm not agreeing about the marriage, okay. Fake-dating, I'll consider it." 

 

"I owe you a lot , Ae." He hugged me and I shrugged him off. "Then pay for my drinks." I said as my orders arrived. 

 

 

 

After long hours at the college my energy totally drained out and I am lucky to even arrive safely at home. I literally threw my bags to god knows where and jumped onto my bed. I've sent a simple message to Jongin how tired I am and I'll be missing out the night's hangout. 

 

I felt sticky and all grossed out wearing the same outfit for more than 5 hours so I decided to at least gather all of the energy that I have left and take a shower. The warm water was soothing and that felt like the best bathe I've had in weeks. The last one ended up with me being in the bath tub for 5 hours and I was just to tired and sore for that. 

 

I came out after a good hour and changed myself into shorts and oversized t-shirt. While drying my hair, my stomach grumbled and I realized how I missed my lunch and dinner so I trudged down to the kitchen. I saw my mom by the sink and went beside her to see what she was doing. 

 

I cheered and fist bump the air as I saw my mom was preparing food for me. "You've been out since morning and I know you would skip your lunch and dinner so." 

 

I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "You're the best!" I showed my thumbs and happily skipped upstairs to my room. The first thing that I heard the moment I stepped into my room and my ringtone and as expected, it was one of the boys- I mean, who else could it be. 

 

"We're outside." It was Chanyeol who called but the one speaking though the phone was Suho. "What do you mean outside?"  

 

The door of my room opened, revealing the 3 boys. My eyes widened in surprise as they almost scared the out of me. "Oh , are you guys insane?" 

The laughed and jumped onto the bed next to me. "You said you weren't coming so we came to you." Chanyeol said. I looked around and realized that the 2 maknaes and Kyungsoo are missing.  

 

"Where's the others?" I asked. "The two brats are rummaging your fridge and Kyungsoo is helping Omonim." Suho found the remote to my TV and turned it on and changed the channel to a sports channel making me groan. "Don’t make me watch football please." 

 

Even spending almost 3/4 of my life with these boys, I still do not find watching sports fun. "I'm not going to watch one of your sappy love movies, Ae." Baekhyun eyed me and looked at me suspiciously. 

 

"Is that my shirt?" He asked pinching the shirt I was wearing. I looked down at it and titlted my head, "Is it? I don’t know." I shrugged. 

 

"It is." He glared at me and I didn’t even care. "Whatever you can keep it." I snickered and slung an arm around him, "It's not like this is the first time I've ever worn your shirt before." I said before patting his shoulder and then let go. 

 

The door opened, revealing a very happy looking Kyungsoo by the door. "Food's ready." I shrieked upon seeing Kyungsoo and I leaped off the bed to run and hugged him. He stumbled backwards as I literally jumped to hug him. 

 

"I missed you." I said and he chuckled, wrapping his arms around me. The others who walked past us snorted and rolled their eyes. "Just date each other sheesh." Baekhyun's voice- I guessed. I pulled away from the hug and linked arms with Kyungsoo. "If you're jealous just say it." 

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows and looked at me. "Like seriously?" He mockingly eyed me up and down. I was about to kick his shin but he ran away. I snickered, "Chicken." 

 

"Stop fighting with him, will you?" Kyungsoo said and ruffled my hair. I grumbled and walked down the stairs, pulling Kyungsoo along. "He's the one who started it."