Third Raindrop

Storm

"Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asked, "What are you talking about? Do you know my cat from somewhere?"

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed and Dodo whimpered, hiding behind his master.

"C-cat? You think that Kyungsoo, one of the most powerful shapeshifters in the world, is a mere household pet?"

"Um...what? He was a gift from my parents when I was young."

Sighing, the shorter ran his hand through his blonde hair.

"Humans are idiots," he muttered, "I guess I'll just have to show you. Kyungsoo, I think it's time to reveal yourself." 

Dodo's eyes flickered back and forth from Chanyeol and Baekhyun before he shook his head adamantly. A small mew of disagreement left his lips.

"Kyungsoo, if you don't reveal yourself, I swear I'll tell Yifan where you've been hiding all this time. You know what he'll do if he found out." Baekhyun threatened.

The cat shrieked in horror before a flurry of wind suddenly rushed in. Dodo's cat fur peeled back as a man stepped out of the animal. A small collection of glossy fur was tossed to the ground and the man groaned in frustration. His large brown eyes focused after flashing blue for a brief moment. Chanyeol gaped.

"WHAT THE JUST-I'M GONNA CALL THE-WHAT IN-Oh, God..." he shouted in shock, collapsing on the ground, "I'm going insane, aren't I?"

Dodo-or rather Kyungsoo, grimaced.

"I'd rather that you were, but you're not, Park Chanyeol. It's nice to finally talk to you. I am Do Kyungsoo, a shapeshifter of the Mountain Pack, and your godfather."

The world went black.

 

~

 

"Why'd you force me out of my cat form?!" Kyungsoo shouted, frantically trying to wake his godson up.

"It was an empty threat! I didn't think you'd fall for it, nor did I think that you were that mortal's godfather!" the other retorted, "You still need to explain that. You've been missing for nearly two decades, and now I see you as a pet!"

Chanyeol gave a loud groan as he opened his eyes slowly. He looked at Kyungsoo, then to Baekhyun before letting out another groan.

"Please tell me this is a dream." he muttered, rubbing his temples.

"Sorry, this is reality and Kyungsoo's got a lot to tell us."

The only human scoffed.

"Yeah, starting with why my cat suddenly turned into a man."

Kyungsoo fidgeted nervously before sighing.

"I...was curious about the world of the humans, as you know, so I left our clan to learn more. During my time as a human, my cover was blown only once. I was hurt in a car accident and reverted back to my animal form-one of a cat. The people that saved me were Professor Park and his wife, Chanyeol's parents." the smaller explained.

"I was forever thankful for their silence about my secret and how well they took care of me. In return, they asked that I take care of their only son as his godfather. About 10 years ago, Mrs. Park passed away in childbirth to Chanyeol's stillborn sister. A year afterward, the professor died from stomach cancer. As Chanyeol's sole guardian, I protected him from my cat form. I made sure his life didn't coincide with my past."

The man shot an accusing glare to Baekhyun, who flinched.

"That is, until now-right?" Baekhyun finished for he knew exactly what Kyungsoo would say.

Chanyeol looked carefully at the nodding Kyungsoo before running his hand through his short black hair.

"You mean to say that my Mom and Dad..."

He took a deep breath.

"left me with a were-cat godfather?"

The college student's voice was filled with skepticism. This sounded too much like a twisted Harry Potter plot and too little like the normal life he was living 24 hours ago.

"Yes," Kyungsoo said simply, "and we prefer the term 'shifters'. We are shapeshifters, but we merely have a single form that we can transform into."

Chanyeol opened his mouth to speak, but whatever he was about to say was interrupted by a sudden knocking on the door. His eyes grew wide as he looked at the other two with panicked eyes.

"Joonmyeon hyung."