First Raindrop

Storm

"I hate rain." Chanyeol mumbled as he glared out his window.

Water droplets streamed down his windows and wind shook the trees outside the house. Chanyeol's cat hissed, nudging his dark brown head against his master's leg.

"Hey Dodo," the tall, raven haired man whispered, "You okay?"

Dodo hissed once more and glared at the rain. Chanyeol nodded in understanding.

"The rain bothers you too, right?"

The auburn furred cat mewled in response. His master pet his back affectionately.

"It's okay, Dodo, it'll let up soon. I'm sure."

As the two companions settled down on the soft blue couch, the phone rang, surprising Chanyeol. He rushed over to it and quickly picked it up.

"Hello?" he asked, not bothering to check caller ID.

"Hey Yeol. How's the vacation?" a man's melodious voice said.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"It's horrible. Thanks for asking, Jonghyun hyung," he grumbled, "Why am I up in the mountians in a cabin? I thought you said a vacation would be refreshing."

"They usually are! You just have horrible luck and attract rain wherever you go!" Jonghyun argued.

"Yeah. Whatever. How are the classes back at Seoul University?"

"School balls. How'd you how did you finish your course early? Seoul Uni is the best university in Korea." the elder mumbled.

"I ju-"

Suddenly, the lights went out; along with the phone.

"Hyung?" Chanyeol called, "Kim Jonghyun hyung?"

There was no response.

The genius groaned and plopped down on the couch, groaning.

"Great," he muttered to himself, "now I'm stuck in a crappy cabin with no electricity. Cross that off my bucket list."

Dodo curled up to his body and meowed quietly. Chanyeol took his pet into his arms and soon enough, drifted off to sleep.

 

~

 

Chanyeol awoke to the sound of scratching. Worried, he unlocked his door swiftly, only to be met with a wet and bloody pup. It whimpered and shivered from the cold rain.

"Poor thing, you must've caught a cold." Chanyeol fretted as he dried the gold colored animal.

Strangely, the normally friendly Dodo screeched in sight of the dog. He pounced on it and attacked it with his sharp claws.

"Dodo!" Chanyeol shouted, shocked, "Get off of it! Stop!"

Huffing, the cat stopped and stalked away, hissing at the now unconsious animal. Chanyeol cursed.

"I need to get-" he quickly checked the dog's gender, "him to a vet or something, but its pouring! What should I do?"

Being a pre-med major, Chanyeol knew much about healing a human body. But with animals, he wasn't as wise. Deciding that this was better than nothing, he pulled out his medical knowledge and tried to help the pitiful pup as much as he could.

Chanyeol bathed him in warm, soapy water and laid him to rest on his bed, wrapped in an old T-shirt. Dodo glared at the intruder but didn't attack him this time. After checking on the still electricity-less house and locking all the doors and windows, Chanyeol stretched out on the bed and closed his eyes. In minutes, he was fast asleep.

 

~

 

The moment when the dark haired genius opened his eyes, he screamed.

"Oh my God, what are you doing in my bed?!" he shrieked, pointing his finger at the dark blonde man lying beside him.

Chanyeol jumped out of the blankets and grabbed the lamp, wielding it like a weapon. His eyes were wide in shock.

The other man waved a hand.

"I'm not a or anything, don't worry."

"What are you?!"

"Just a guy that got lost outside yesterday. I'll leave in a second." the blonde said nonchalantly.

As he made to move out of the bed, he fell over, clutching his left side. Blood seeped through the shirt that he was wearing and the man groaned in pain. Chanyeol rushed to help him, and as he did, he recognized the shirt. It was his; the one he had wrapped the gold furred dog in.

Chanyeol gasped.

"Where's the puppy? The one from yesterday?"

"You're looking at him," the other huffed, pressing onto his wound, "Hello, kind stranger, I am Byun Baekhyun. In other words, the little dog you found on your doorstep last night."